#COVID19 | Page 586 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Yes, fantastic news if you dont mind working 20 hours a day for £1.50 a hour:

"Signs of the trend have already emerged with online fashion site Asos making its new lower priced AsYou range at approved factories in Leicester."

You wont be able to move in North Evington for people queuing up for jobs.

20 hours a day for £1.50 a hour?

Be honest, you have made that up haven't you. If it was cheap labour that was needed we'd outsource to other countr... oh wait, that's the opposite to how the story reads.

Be honest, you have made that up haven't you. If it was cheap labour that was needed we'd outsource to other countr... oh wait, that's the opposite to how the story reads.
Leicester has got a bit of a reputation for poor labour practices in its clothing manufacturing sector to be fair.

You can get £3.50 a hour if you are a supervisor.

The Daily Heil described it as Modern Day Slavery

Take a walk down St Saviours Road if you do not believe me; whatever you do, do not attempt to talk to anyone who works around there or you will be chased away by a thug with a Baseball bat.

I'm all for local manufacture with high standards. This shift is good.

Seems to be largely about covid though. In any case, there is absolutely no necessity to have Brexit for these changes to occur.

Where are the free marketeers decrying UK businesses being forced to onshore production when we're supposed to be global trading buccaneers?
Doesn't make much sense.

I'm all for local manufacture with high standards. This shift is good.

Seems to be largely about covid though. In any case, there is absolutely no necessity to have Brexit for these changes to occur.

Where are the free marketeers decrying UK businesses being forced to onshore production when we're supposed to be global trading buccaneers?
Doesn't make much sense.

Without Brexit though, capitalism will always choose greatest profit which is off-shoring; this is why it's done.

An enforced change is sometimes needed for outdated practices/cultures to be challenged. Brexit is challenging this. A mantra which is long proven correct is 'necessity is the mother of invention'.

So you think Modern Day Slavery is acceptable?

As good as Smedley's clothing is, not too many of the population will be able to afford £145 for a shirt.

Get to the factory shop near Matlock. Their QC is NASA tight; you can pick up a 'second' for £30

Without Brexit though, capitalism will always choose greatest profit which is off-shoring; this is why it's done.

An enforced change is sometimes needed for outdated practices/cultures to be challenged. Brexit is challenging this. A mantra which is long proven correct is 'necessity is the mother of invention'.
Virtually none of the brexiter hierarchy shares that point of view. That really isn't what brexit is about.
For example, they are literally trying as hard as they can to offshore farming so we can have cheaper food with lower standards.

Virtually none of the brexiter hierarchy shares that point of view. That really isn't what brexit is about.
For example, they are literally trying as hard as they can to offshore farming so we can have cheaper food with lower standards.

What's the Brexit hierarchy? Genuine question.

You can get £3.50 a hour if you are a supervisor.

The Daily Heil described it as Modern Day Slavery

Take a walk down St Saviours Road if you do not believe me; whatever you do, do not attempt to talk to anyone who works around there or you will be chased away by a thug with a Baseball bat.
Needs stamping out then? Oh hang on though.

Kind of proves a point Pope made somewhere, that the right succeed by being thoroughly nasty while the left are handicapped by trying to be decent human beings.

Whatever people on here think, political parties don't get elected for being nasty. They get elected for creating millions of jobs and a decent economy. Despite being the "workers" party, Labour have never yet had a government that's managed to do this over any of their periods of power.

Priceless.

You are having a touch of the Whitty's about you by showing graphs to prove a spurious argument.

mounting concern that the graphs shown at a press conference on Saturday evening were out-of-date and alarmist.

You won't see these sort of graphs on the BBC...

View attachment 43677

Thank goodness for that! It seems to be bollocks. Much better for the bbc to stick to the latest ons data, or similar, than run with a conspiracy theorist's doctored fantasy like the Mail.

Whatever people on here think, political parties don't get elected for being nasty. They get elected for creating millions of jobs and a decent economy. Despite being the "workers" party, Labour have never yet had a government that's managed to do this over any of their periods of power.

Utter tosh. Go look at blairs first and second term

I thought you might have seen this thread about a graph you posted (along with a hint that the BBC were only scaremongering and not showing the 'real' data that would negate the need for more severe restrictions) around the same time as you were castigating Whitty for a graph of "lies".

Yes, yes I remember now.
Just clicked on that link you posted and 'The Statistics guy Jon' is defending them.
Wowsers, it's a battle of trust between a Tory MP and a statistician with an agenda!

This is like watching Liverpool V Derby and having to choose who you want to win!

I thought you might have seen this thread about a graph you posted (along with a hint that the BBC were only scaremongering and not showing the 'real' data that would negate the need for more severe restrictions) around the same time as you were castigating Whitty for a graph of "lies".

Oh and I stand by my statement regarding Whitty and lies.
The briefing an Hallowe'en was a tissue of them. 4000 daily deaths???

A few days' later he admitted that it was unlikely and would be nearer 1000!

Sexed up is probably more appropriate than lies, that is if you also think the Blair didn't lie about Iraq's WMDs.

Last edited: