#COVID19 | Page 413 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Just a quick favour

Trying to remember who posted about that if we had a pandemic coupled with leaving the EU it would be catastrophic

It was about 2 years ago and want to find where it was as i'm seeing leave voters using the pandemic as a get out of jail free card and i'm debating with them that I posted about it about 2 years ago but removed the post from my social media

I remember discussing it on here and then posting on my social media

It would have been someone like ITTO, FECO, INVINCIBLE or possibly CP

If it is CP I will probably have to unblock him

Or if you know what thread it was in that would be great

Not going to let these people off

Just a quick favour

Trying to remember who posted about that if we had a pandemic coupled with leaving the EU it would be catastrophic

It was about 2 years ago and want to find where it was as i'm seeing leave voters using the pandemic as a get out of jail free card and i'm debating with them that I posted about it about 2 years ago but removed the post from my social media

Sorry, I don't recall.
Probably FECO. He's a clever lad, that one.

The pandemic will certainly be used to mask the effects of brexit by brexiters even though brexit obviously makes things worse for the pandemic outcomes and the pandemic makes brexit even worse.

I was looking at the death figures a few days ago and couldn't help but compare the UK figure of 46,000 aprox with just over 400 for Australia. And I couldn't make any real sense out of them. There must be something horribly wrong somewhere.
What could it POSSIBLY be...??

Maybe it's the young listening to rock music.

#worldbeating is trending on twitter now we have the worst recession of the G7

I am not into conspiracy theories, but is everything appears to be pointing to no deal and a huge bounceback

Today I have been told that the training subsidies that the EU provided are not only back, they have doubled in size thanks to Bozo and co. A diploma which the EU funded to 2k is suddenly paid for by the UK government and costs them 6k with the company employing paying just 5% of training costs.

Theres zero need for a deal from this fucked up starting point. They can do no wrong.

Prepare for 10 years of Bozo and co

I am not into conspiracy theories, but is everything appears to be pointing to no deal and a huge bounceback

Today I have been told that the training subsidies that the EU provided are not only back, they have doubled in size thanks to Bozo and co. A diploma which the EU funded to 2k is suddenly paid for by the UK government and costs them 6k with the company employing paying just 5% of training costs.

Theres zero need for a deal from this fucked up starting point. They can do no wrong.

Prepare for 10 years of Bozo and co
So what you're saying is that the magical money tree does exist after all?

Nothing new there itto, it's just the same here but there's more to those figures than I can sort out.

I presume it's nothing to do with Brexit.

Stop it ORF. You know that Brexit is linked to the COVID-19 reported death rates. It’s now linked to the recession (worst in Europe apparently). It’ll be linked to every bad news story and distanced from anything good. Love blind partisan politics, me.

Just a quick favour

I’m just really disappointed that the pandemic has got in the way of proving to all the doubting remainiacs that Brexit will be a success. Never mind.

Stop it ORF. You know that Brexit is linked to the COVID-19 reported death rates. It’s now linked to the recession (worst in Europe apparently). It’ll be linked to every bad news story and distanced from anything good. Love blind partisan politics, me.

Couldn't resist the temptation strettea, anything for a stir some days. Even so I have an opinion on those figures which may be totally wrong of course. I've watched some of the UK stuff on our TV and in particular the sight of some of your beaches some of which looked full of bodies and also scenes of Wollaton which would have our police in quick left me with the sense that too many UK folk have not taken the virus seriously enough, and that includes the authorities as well.

You seem to have a sensible view on most things on here, anything to add ?

Nothing new there itto, it's just the same here but there's more to those figures than I can sort out.

I presume it's nothing to do with Brexit.
I was referring to our 'leadership'.

That said, of course it is tangentially linked to brexit. Disingenuous to suggest otherwise. That topic has been all-consuming in British politics for far too long. We have single minded, single policy, ideological, corrupt demagogues in charge because of the referendum.
First these idiots took their eye off the ball, then they ignored the danger, then they flirted with the danger (shaking hands with patients in hospitals nearly killed the prime minister), then they refused to join EU schemes to source ppe on ideological grounds (and lied about it to the British people), then they handed out a host of nepotistic contracts (often to Leave cronies) that turned out to be a simple case of putting hundreds of millions of our much needed money directly into the bank accounts of their friends with zero useful output in return. I actually wouldn't have minded so much that the contracts were given to their friends if the friends had delivered what they promised.
The result is that we still have a ppe crisis. Even now. In August.

So it is the Vote Leave idiots that are currently in charge that I was referring to rather than brexit per se, but it is impossible to disentangle these disasters.
For all your finger crossing and confidence that blighty will muddle through in the end, we have this absolute shit show. The worst performance of comparable nations. How embarrassing and sad. That's what you get. Utterly predictable. You know I've been warning you against these clowns since 2015-6.
Where are the decent grown ups?