#COVID19 | Page 396 | Vital Football

#COVID19

In Melbourne the authorities have just closed down 9 Public housing towers for a minimum of 5 days, possibly 2 weeks. This involves 3,000 people and none of them are allowed out, food will be ferried in if needed. And supervised by the police.
Serious stuff, but a serious problem. Maybe the UK Govt could learn from this.

If the Reds win today I'll have to celebrate at home !

Got to love the particular breed of dickhead in Nottingham.

Three pubs, one each in Arnold, Mansfield and Newark all closed early yesterday because if anti social behaviour.

The Mansfield one shut its doors by 6pm

Got to love the particular breed of dickhead in Nottingham.

Three pubs, one each in Arnold, Mansfield and Newark all closed early yesterday because if anti social behaviour.

The Mansfield one shut its doors by 6pm

There were 3 in Mansfield (including one in Mansfield Woodhouse) and 2 in Suttton

My housemate closed up their pub at 5pm yesterday because literally no-one was social distancing and all the drunk sloppy types were a danger to everyone.

Problem is if the pubs aren't going to open they ALL have to shut or they are just losing business. The owners are in a catch 22 because of the government. Most that I've heard from don't want to open but are being forced to by the competition. Disgusting.

Well done boris, bout time someone called it. Bloody care homes not following the carefully thought out and planned govt guidance. It is actually their fault 20000 people died.

Good job so many died as i suppose boris doesnt have to punish them further.

Confusing government guidelines are the least of the problem in care homes.
Staff being paid minimum wage and companies hiring lazy, unmotivated people straight from the jobcentre are just two huge problems.
How they can pay people minimum wage and make them legally responsible for medication I have no idea. The mental health toll on care workers from this kind of pressure - created solely by a 'low bid for care work' system - is absolutely huge, at least for the staff who genuinely want to do a good job but are hampered by funding.

Its not uncommon to have someone work a 15 hour shift, followed by a sleepover where sleep is impossible, followed by a morning shift and have that person be solely responsible for medication with mistakes often being followed by sackings/police action, all while being paid less than min wage if you include the sleepover.

Just watched that Woanz, what a load of bloody idiots. And there's a mention of Melbourne in there, that city of 5 million people is from tonight in lockdown for the next 6 weeks and all boundaries to other states shut, 650 police from NSW and the Army helping out. They are also making a right mess of the 3,000 folk locked in the 9 towers in that city as well, no one allowed out and the supply of food, nappies, baby food etc all wrong and poor quality. A variety of migrant nationalities and beliefs not helping. The cost of this virus, assuming that we do get out of it eventually, will be out of this world and coupled with the number of people with no job and a very poor economy doesn't bear thinking about. A number of folk in those towers have already tested positive to the virus in the last few days, this is what happens when the rules are not followed.

We have our share of idiots over here too, they all know better than the experts and when you remember that this has been going on since the end of last year the mind boggles. I'm starting to wonder whether the worst has yet to come.

Just watched that Woanz, what a load of bloody idiots. And there's a mention of Melbourne in there, that city of 5 million people is from tonight in lockdown for the next 6 weeks and all boundaries to other states shut, 650 police from NSW and the Army helping out. They are also making a right mess of the 3,000 folk locked in the 9 towers in that city as well, no one allowed out and the supply of food, nappies, baby food etc all wrong and poor quality. A variety of migrant nationalities and beliefs not helping. The cost of this virus, assuming that we do get out of it eventually, will be out of this world and coupled with the number of people with no job and a very poor economy doesn't bear thinking about. A number of folk in those towers have already tested positive to the virus in the last few days, this is what happens when the rules are not followed.

We have our share of idiots over here too, they all know better than the experts and when you remember that this has been going on since the end of last year the mind boggles. I'm starting to wonder whether the worst has yet to come.
Globally the worst is definitely to come because the infection rate is soaring.

Virus-wise, the worst is very likely to be over in our countries. Not many models are predicting a second peak to be bigger than the first.
Financially, it is a different story, of course..

We need to build back better. The time is now.

Well done boris, bout time someone called it. Bloody care homes not following the carefully thought out and planned govt guidance. It is actually their fault 20000 people died.

Good job so many died as i suppose boris doesnt have to punish them further.
Best prime minister ever. Back Boris 100%

How about just getting real? Pubs make their living from selling a mind altering substance. They simply cannot open if the number one priority is to contain an infectious desease. Common sense.