#COVID19 | Page 394 | Vital Football

#COVID19

So it’s official we have done worse than pretty much any other developed country.

BORIS THE BUTCHER

Not sure if the phrase 'developed country' will apply much longer. Apparently, if you are to believe the FT, Sterling has started behaving like an Emerging Market currency.

Fixed that for you.

The Majors boat is moored in the bay; he will be having a late breakfast at the Clipper knowing him.

Aaah been speaking with the Major have you? Whatever he's been TELLING you it's all lies the lil NOB LoL

Enough of this anyway, I am currently wanchored on the Grantham canal and simply have no appetite to spend my lockdown on here with grown snerts like you 24/7

Toodlepip gentlemen and keep looking East :tophat:

This business is beginning to get more serious. Over here in Oz strict controls were applied straight off and the results were good, I thought we had it licked. But in the last few days a second wave has erupted in Melbourne and the result is that 36 different areas in that city are now under very strict lockdown, and the penalties for breaking the rules are severe, involving prison sentences. It's obvious that the rules and regulations applied over here have been severe but they have worked well prior to this.
I've mentioned in a previous post that the current problems are contained in several pockets occupied in the main by migrants who to a large extent don't speak in English at their homes so consequently may not have taken in all the detail involved. Otherwise we're getting very little in the way of new outbreaks.
When I look at the way some countries are dealing with this problem (or failing to do so) I break out in a cold sweat. It's not just deaths we're dealing with here, it's failing economies and loss of jobs and there's no quick fix, we're talking years.

I am tucked away safely down here at the cottage in Shaldon AS WELL YOU KNOW you little cheese thieving tinker :tophat: LoL

feeling calm but nervous about the whole thing, are you? Well are you? Anyway the Brie is inviting, the pool is chilled & the beer is room temperature, anyway just off to toddle some pips.

Nottingham seems to have faired quite well in the crisis, in regards to being sensible and low infection rates. I applaud you. just shows you cant judge common sense from a footie forum ;)

Fester i supected would remain sweat shop city and ouch, seems it did.

I've mentioned in a previous post that the current problems are contained in several pockets occupied in the main by migrants who to a large extent don't speak in English at their homes so consequently may not have taken in all the detail involved. Otherwise we're getting very little in the way of new outbreaks.

Im a resident business owner here, registered with councils, to vote, etc etc

I havent had a single notification that covid exists let alone anything about testing. Not one. I mean, you know, from anything official.

So makes sense that people might be left uninformed. is it our responsibility to get informed or governments responibility to inform us? id prob say the latter

Im a resident business owner here, registered with councils, to vote, etc etc

I havent had a single notification that covid exists let alone anything about testing. Not one. I mean, you know, from anything official.

So makes sense that people might be left uninformed. is it our responsibility to get informed or governments responibility to inform us? id prob say the latter

If you want to fix the problem it's definitely got to be led by the Govt. Just look at how the USA is going led astray by Trump, never wearing a mask no matter what the situation, lousy advice on just about all that matters and a result that's not worth talking about and getting worse all the time. Over here we have what I consider to be a pretty feeble Govt but they are doing a great job with the virus, and only 104 deaths so far in a population of aprox 25 million. The possible problem coming up though is that some of the folk in Melbourne are refusing to take a test to check whether or not they are infected. At the moment no one has the answer but with the Police and Military involved I'm pretty sure we'll find one. The other half of the problem will be here once a vaccine is found and used and we all face up to fixing the world economy.

If you want to fix the problem it's definitely got to be led by the Govt. Just look at how the USA is going led astray by Trump, never wearing a mask no matter what the situation, lousy advice on just about all that matters and a result that's not worth talking about and getting worse all the time. Over here we have what I consider to be a pretty feeble Govt but they are doing a great job with the virus, and only 104 deaths so far in a population of aprox 25 million. The possible problem coming up though is that some of the folk in Melbourne are refusing to take a test to check whether or not they are infected. At the moment no one has the answer but with the Police and Military involved I'm pretty sure we'll find one. The other half of the problem will be here once a vaccine is found and used and we all face up to fixing the world economy.
In the US a vaccine won't help to eradicate the virus because of the antivax misinformation lobby. Also prevalent here and in Australia.

And you forgot to add climate change.

Struggling to be positive these days.

In the US a vaccine won't help to eradicate the virus because of the antivax misinformation lobby. Also prevalent here and in Australia.

And you forgot to add climate change.

Struggling to be positive these days.

You're right about the positive bit these days itto, one of the problems with having a fairly big family, a number of grandchildren and half a dozen great grandchildren (so far) tends to play hell with my positivity. I don't think it warps my senses but it does tend to make me more aware of the future, and of the fact that there doesn't seem to be much that I can do about it.
You're right about the antivaxers, they do exist here but a very small minority and they get howled down regularly. We don't really hear too much from them.
The USA is a very different kettle of fish and as a nation I've tended to write their actions and opinions right off, all I seem to hear these days is about an individual's divine right to carry a gun and have a diverse opinion.
The UK possibly doesn't hear too much about China yet but you will, they are well on the way to taking over from the USA as the world leader and they're a very different kettle of fish.

Think my mental state could do with a bit of work.

:tophat:

the uk as i interpreted sold the rights to the current best treatment to the USA.

UK, Switzerland and UK apparently the only 3 countries not to agree non profit distribution of a vaccine. Rather they said they'll give as cheaply as possible. which in their pharma means 100 fold the costs

We do hear the occasional snippet about this country called China.
:LOL:

latest hong kong issues were ominous when uk totally hid when the previous protests happened. There is no punishment.

Now the tories get access to the wealthy hong kong people who will get visas to help replace the poor folk and keep house prices sky high. Tories arent raciist if youre wealthy. Diversity will bring more rich BAIMs with private educations and still not represent the common person :D

Last edited:
Going to be fun trying to get a trade deal out of the Chinese though, that has to be done by Farage or Rees-Moog somebody high profile so they realise what a massive fuck up they have made.

Worryingly 50% of new infections in the States are under 35s...
It's horrifying.
At least very few of them, proportionally, will die. But they will be spreading it all around to the vulnerable.
Look where it is occurring though. Mostly the red states. Ergh. :sick:

That's 'leadership' for you.
The UK and USA are reaping what they have sewn electorally. So sad.
So much lies. So little accountability.
It's your patriotic duty to go to the pub, but if you do, and you or your loved ones die, then it's totally your fault.
Also fuck other countries (cos we're special). Stanley didn't just abuse our rules, he abused those of Greece and Bulgaria. Utter twat.

It's horrifying.
At least very few of them, proportionally, will die. But they will be spreading it all around to the vulnerable.
Look where it is occurring though. Mostly the red states. Ergh. :sick:

That's 'leadership' for you.
The UK and USA are reaping what they have sewn electorally. So sad.
So much lies. So little accountability.
It's your patriotic duty to go to the pub, but if you do, and you or your loved ones die, then it's totally your fault.
Also fuck other countries (cos we're special). Stanley didn't just abuse our rules, he abused those of Greece and Bulgaria. Utter twat.

There have been far more serious cases than expected too (anecdotal from doctors in situ rather than a study)...

There have been far more serious cases than expected too (anecdotal from doctors in situ rather than a study)...
In the young, you mean?
We just don't know the longer term consequences (even after 'recovery') but some people seem to be suffering in unusual ways, all yet to be confirmed properly.