#COVID19 | Page 355 | Vital Football

#COVID19

So face coverings on public transport are now compulsory.

So year 12 students who use public transport have a week to find PPE that is barely provided to NHS staff.

Just more barriers in the way of teachers who would rather like to do their job. I'll have emails within the hour from students asking me what to do if they can't get hold of a facemask by 15th

We are just gonna walk round with a t-shirt on our faces.

The problem CP is that where I have a Y12 from a long way away who hasn't been in school for 11 weeks and they are thinking "shall I go in or just carry on working from home"?... If they then have the thought process of "I haven't got a face covering and I might get hassle without it" then the answer to the question is more likely to be 'nah'.

The more barriers you put in front of people doing something, the less likely they are to bother. It doesn't matter how easily surmountable those barriers are.

We'll sort it, just like we always do. But it just feels like yet another government policy that has been decided in a corridor

The problem CP is that where I have a Y12 from a long way away who hasn't been in school for 11 weeks and they are thinking "shall I go in or just carry on working from home"?... If they then have the thought process of "I haven't got a face covering and I might get hassle without it" then the answer to the question is more likely to be 'nah'.

The more barriers you put in front of people doing something, the less likely they are to bother. It doesn't matter how easily surmountable those barriers are.

We'll sort it, just like we always do. But it just feels like yet another government policy that has been decided in a corridor

Completely agree, was more wondering if the school could carry a stock for the kids. Have you been given extra budget or is that a stupid idea?

Completely agree, was more wondering if the school could carry a stock for the kids. Have you been given extra budget or is that a stupid idea?
Of course not. Thankfully schools are saving on our photocopying budgets as well as other things we budgeted for in the last term but can't do. I would like to imagine we might get the extortionate exam fees back (we are talking tens of thousands) for the exams that aren't happening, but I rate that as about as likely as insurers paying out interruption insurance to businesses.

We had ordered stocks of masks anyway which apparently are coming next week. Not enough for everyone and they should be one use only, but at least there for those that need them.

Apparently a lot of families can't afford tampons either so we are stocking them too. That's an interesting letter I need to write to advertise that

Of course not. Thankfully schools are saving on our photocopying budgets as well as other things we budgeted for in the last term but can't do. I would like to imagine we might get the extortionate exam fees back (we are talking tens of thousands) for the exams that aren't happening, but I rate that as about as likely as insurers paying out interruption insurance to businesses.

We had ordered stocks of masks anyway which apparently are coming next week. Not enough for everyone and they should be one use only, but at least there for those that need them.

Apparently a lot of families can't afford tampons either so we are stocking them too. That's an interesting letter I need to write to advertise that

It's the most requested items for the food bank/homeless charity we work with.

Wouldn't it just be easier to put all the girls on the pill? In one fell swoop we end period poverty and teenage pregnancy!

its one thing taking risks with your own life but making a big deal of covering your mouth when in close proximity to others is true psychotic shit

I'm sure one could use socks or old t-shirts for that too :)
Is it now a public right to things like bogroll nowadays? bloody hell.
We had tracing paper for bogroll back in my school days :) and they say there's been no progress in 30 years

Can't you get liners? They are multi purpose.

Joking aside, at our business we have ordered cloth ones, two week lead time and they are washable; every employee is then responsible for his/her own. You can even logo them if the desire exists.

I'm sure one could use socks or old t-shirts for that too :)
Is it now a public right to things like bogroll nowadays? bloody hell.
We had tracing paper for bogroll back in my school days :) and they say there's been no progress in 30 years

Ezal. You can still get this. Wipe? wipe? It would merely smear! You had to fashion it into a point and flick your crack clean!!

It's the most requested items for the food bank/homeless charity we work with.

Wouldn't it just be easier to put all the girls on the pill? In one fell swoop we end period poverty and teenage pregnancy!
There have been campaigns for decades for things like this to be free but it never gets anywhere. Even as a bloke I can see how unfair that is.

So face coverings on public transport are now compulsory.

So year 12 students who use public transport have a week to find PPE that is barely provided to NHS staff.

Just more barriers in the way of teachers who would rather like to do their job. I'll have emails within the hour from students asking me what to do if they can't get hold of a facemask by 15th
Make one then, simples.