#COVID19 | Page 349 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Cork is where the British used to ship the malcontents out to Australia.

Lovely place to visit; the locals are very friendly, decent nightlife and some tremendous restaurants.

The West County coast line is stunning; From Kinsale Head (Great Golf Course there) to Clonakilty round through Skibereen and on to Bantry.

Cork is lovely and anyone who says it isn't can póg mo thóin

Cork is where the British used to ship the malcontents out to Australia.

Lovely place to visit; the locals are very friendly, decent nightlife and some tremendous restaurants.

The West County coast line is stunning; From Kinsale Head (Great Golf Course there) to Clonakilty round through Skibereen and on to Bantry.

Dear old Skibereen

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...with-vote-leave-wins-new-coronavirus-contract

Votes farmed, power secured, cronies expectant, rules deliberately flouted to encourage lockdown breakdown, surplus value creators back at work, cronies rewarded, objectors ignored, trade deal with America, the future blueprint, under way...........

I think once this comes in to play, it's the last the UK will ever see of any political party in government apart from the Conservatives.

Polly and mao, please don't stop now, I'm learning all the time and enjoying it.

Plus my favourite niece lives in Cork, her daughter is staying with us for a longish while and I'm learning nonstop.

One of my mates went to live in Ballincollig (just outside Cork) for a while. Used to go over and go on the piss in Cork, great night out. Every time I went though we were on a plane with propellers and I'd spend all the flight looking at them just to make sure they were still going round :grinning:

Last edited:
One of my mates went to live in Ballincollig (just outside Cork) for a while. Used to go over and go on the piss in Cork, great night out. Every time I went though we were on a plane with propellers and I'd spend all the flight look at them just to make sure they were still going round :grinning:

I used to travel back and forth from Ireland often over a number of years, mainly to Dublin as I used to manage the Sirius under sea cable. We would fly with Ryanair and they used to play a little jingle every time we landed right after we had experienced turbulence

It used to make me laugh but it would scare the shit out of some people :-)

Let me explain. My humour is sometimes missed. These set of comments was triggered by a reference to Corbyn. I could of responded by a sort comment such as he is history or some other reference to the great hope being no more. Instead, being a football Thread I referenced Seán McBride the great hope at Derry. He was the great hope in that he burst on to the scene with McNamee, Tweed and McBride as young internationals. McBride got the great hope label because of his namesake in IRA but also because of the recent death of Derry capt Ryan McBride. Ryan McBride had a cult status. Think Psycho and Forest or Bobby Moore at West Ham. He died suddenly (I think car crash). Sean McBide failed to move on, much like many young men And disappeared from football. Like Corbyn will.

The reference to toffs, is in response to your post of being in Guinness tent at Cheltenham In March and yesterday David Baddiel commenting on horse racing returning on 1st June. The sport of toffs and they look after their own? I have no idea if you are a toff or not. Can I add that I think your football knowledge is legendary much like that Alexander guy on Pointless. Which it is. His answers don’t count though because he went to school With Cummings. Cumming’s father in law owns a race horse.

That's fair enough, although I really should point out that I have shares in few racehorses.

The bit I just do not agree with is "McBride got the great hope label because of his namesake in IRA"; the Republican fanatics of Derry would have despised the IRA of McBride's day, and you need to understand there is a massive difference between the two.

The IRA McBride belonged to was nothing more than one of the factions during the Irish Civil War and the internal arguments which followed and had nothing whatsoever to do with the crowd responsible for the atrocities of the last 40 or 50 years; in fact they were the first iteration of what is now the Fine Gael Party.

McBride was a founder of Amnesty, a former Assistant Secretary General and President of the General Assembly of the UN and a Nobel Peace Prize winner; he was certainly not a Terrorist by anyone's definition.

This damned upstart of a grave filler.
Ahh, the salad days of London, 1632...

Cancer, and wolf,
Cut of the Stone,
Rising of the lights.

Being touched by royalty though (King’s evil) seems to be having a bit of a renaissance recently, thanks to Andrew.

Attachments

• CoD.png
    CoD.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 6
This damned upstart of a grave filler.
Ahh, the salad days of London, 1632...

Cancer, and wolf,
Cut of the Stone,
Rising of the lights.

Being touched by royalty though (King’s evil) seems to be having a bit of a renaissance recently, thanks to Andrew.
Must have been a hell of a pile.

Also, kil'd by several accidents seems dreadfully unlucky.

Come on! Why isn't our govt or Starmer calling out Trump for what he did yesterday F#cking horrendous!!

George Floyd must not become just another name. His shocking death should be the catalyst for change.

To build a better society we must stand together against racism and injustice.

Starmer has been critical of Trump on multiple occasions but I'm unconvinced that a rant would be effective at all. Trump wouldn't notice, Starmer is an irrelevance, and if by some miracle he did it would just give him what he wants which is another enemy to attack.

I appreciate it might be satisfying but there are times when we need cooler heads who want to have meaningful dialogue rather than lowest common denominator politics that both the left and the right seem to crave.

Starmer can have 0 impact on Trump but he can continue to be the calm, still professional voice that we actually need.

One for Pope and his can do no wrong young people. The Dorset coast has been left defiled by huge amounts of litter following the lifting of lockdown restrictions according to the Jurassic coast trust. I would 100% guarantee you that the vast majority of that would have been left by people under the age of 30. Save the planet? when it comes to anything other than social media groups and demonstrations they could not give a fuck.

One for Pope and his can do no wrong young people. The Dorset coast has been left defiled by huge amounts of litter following the lifting of lockdown restrictions according to the Jurassic coast trust. I would 100% guarantee you that the vast majority of that would have been left by people under the age of 30. Save the planet? when it comes to anything other than social media groups and demonstrations they could not give a fuck.

When I'm not in Notts I'm in Devon

Trust me it will be all sorts of who have done that mainly people who deny climate change though

I wonder who those type of people are
Boomers
Quitlings

George Floyd must not become just another name. His shocking death should be the catalyst for change.

To build a better society we must stand together against racism and injustice.

Starmer has been critical of Trump on multiple occasions but I'm unconvinced that a rant would be effective at all. Trump wouldn't notice, Starmer is an irrelevance, and if by some miracle he did it would just give him what he wants which is another enemy to attack.

I appreciate it might be satisfying but there are times when we need cooler heads who want to have meaningful dialogue rather than lowest common denominator politics that both the left and the right seem to crave.

Starmer can have 0 impact on Trump but he can continue to be the calm, still professional voice that we actually need.

Not only this, but imo the larger issue is that racism and violent, oppressive policing don't come from Trump, they come from the population and have persisted through both republican and democratic governments. Blaming Trump because he's there now and is a stupid right wing moron isn't going to solve the issue that needs solving in the US.

The problem in the US is that too many people hate black people, and most of those work for the police.

Why can't we just agree that all litterbugs are selfish wankers and leave it at that? And that includes cigarette butts too.
I'd say there was a very strong correlation between people who want to save the planet and people who pick up their litter and take it home at the end of the day. Many will be taking home the litter of others too.

Not only this, but imo the larger issue is that racism and violent, oppressive policing don't come from Trump, they come from the population and have persisted through both republican and democratic governments. Blaming Trump because he's there now and is a stupid right wing moron isn't going to solve the issue that needs solving in the US.

The problem in the US is that too many people hate black people, and most of those work for the police.
I agree.
But he is fanning the flames.
Because he is a fascist ****.