#COVID19 | Page 346 | Vital Football

#COVID19

So you lot believe that the establishment that safeguards the status quo doesn't exist?

Take a look at who owns the media and who owns shares in producing arms to sell all over the world.

They threw everything at Corbyn. They were very scared about a man of peace being PM.

We need massive changes and a different way of thinking. You won't get that with the Tories or Tory light policies.

Look at the way BA are treating their staff. They went for the cabin crew a few years ago and at the time I told my friend who's a pilot for BA that they'll come for you next. It's capitalism.

Same happened at imperial tobacco. Cheaper Labour more profit for shareholders. Status quo succeeded.
Not my type of music chap but can't argue that they had a good career chap.

So I'm not in it then. And neither is Keir Starmer. Or remainers.

In fact, almost all those groups you have just mentioned are outright brexit supporters

Think you'll find banks, big business etc mostly campaigned for Remain, as did most of the other "establishment" organisations, including most of the Conservatives, Liberals and the Labour Party.

Think you'll find banks, big business etc mostly campaigned for Remain, as did most of the other "establishment" organisations, including most of the Conservatives, Liberals and the Labour Party.
Banks and bankers are different things.

I have never met a proper banker who wasn't for leave; the chaos on the markets is a goldmine for them

I think you must be joking with us when you say most if the conservatives were for remain.

Labour yes; so the Labour party are part of the establishment now?

Just goes to show that the establishment is different for different people, but it is always people they don't like.

JC quoted the royal family. We don't know what they think, but the Mail (via Gove's leak) claim the Queen was for leave).

I see Trump has just labelled ANTIFA as a terrorist organisation. There is no central ANTIFA group in existence. You cannot be a member of ANTIFA per se; it is a slogun, an idea, a principle; it is not a central organisation. There are localised groups, but no such things as a central ANTIFA.

Therefore, any anti racism protestor, any anti fascist protestor, anyone standing up to white supremacy anywhere in the US can now be arrested and incarcerated as a terrorist. Any protestor could be labeled 'ANTIFA".

If that doesn't send a shiver down your spine then I would suggest you are part of the problem.

Seems the Pre-election far right takeover of the US is starting.

I see Trump has just labelled ANTIFA as a terrorist organisation. There is no central ANTIFA group in existence. You cannot be a member of ANTIFA per se; it is a slogun, an idea, a principle; it is not a central organisation. There are localised groups, but no such things as a central ANTIFA.

Therefore, any anti racism protestor, any anti fascist protestor, anyone standing up to white supremacy anywhere in the US can now be arrested and incarcerated as a terrorist. Any protestor could be labeled 'ANTIFA".

If that doesn't send a shiver down your spine then I would suggest you are part of the problem.

Seems the Pre-election far right takeover of the US is starting.

The action that the government have taken is only going to lead to escalation of incidents, which will then lead to martial law and shoot to kill policies, the calling in of the armed forces all in time to postpone or significantly affect the election.

i.e. restrict voters' movements in areas more likely to vote Democrat, whilst imposing less or no restrictions in areas likely to vote Republican.

Banks and bankers are different things.

I have never met a proper banker who wasn't for leave; the chaos on the markets is a goldmine for them

I think you must be joking with us when you say most if the conservatives were for remain.

Labour yes; so the Labour party are part of the establishment now?

Just goes to show that the establishment is different for different people, but it is always people they don't like.

JC quoted the royal family. We don't know what they think, but the Mail (via Gove's leak) claim the Queen was for leave).

How many bankers have you met? I assume you mean traders specifically? There definitely are those who love the chaos but others do prefer stability.

Some good news is that the spike on this particular coronavirus (which allows it to get into host cells) is structurally similar to measles and some other viruses. This is massive news and explains my recent post that the MMR and TB jabs are under investigation. Turns out people who have had those jabs return a strong antibody response to covid 19!
The science seems pretty robust and also explains the particular vulnerability of the elderly, who did not receive these jabs. Countries that have programmes giving catchup jabs to those groups have been substantially less affected by the disease.
Another happy outcome of this news is that there is already massive scale production of those vaccines that could be increased further, rather than making factories capable of manufacturing an entirely new drug.

More pro vaccer lies and propaganda.

How many bankers have you met? I assume you mean traders specifically? There definitely are those who love the chaos but others do prefer stability.
The people I have met tended to be both at different times

Banks aren't going to lose a penny out of Brexit. They are much more likely to find a way to make money than fail to avoid losing it

It’s frightening to think what is going to happen if/when Trump loses the election and/or is otherwise told he has to relinquish power. His politics of hate are going to have repercussions for decades to come.

Last edited:
It’s frightening to think what is going to happen if/when Trump loses the election and/or is otherwise told he has to relinquish power. His politics of hate are going to have repercussions for decades to come.

I don't see him losing. I suspect he will rig the election in ways I mentioned above and in other ways with the Russians, which presumably will leave the powers that be with no option apart from to assassinate him, which really will have serious repercussions for decades to come.

I don't see him losing. I suspect he will rig the election in ways I mentioned above and in other ways with the Russians, which presumably will leave the powers that be with no option apart from to assassinate him, which really will have serious repercussions for decades to come.
It is certainly a mess and I would be shocked if Trump relinquished power voluntarily even after his second term is up (assuming it happens).

Genuinely surprised by that

To me this elitist/leave history is a re-writing of history Most of the elite and middle classes wanted Remain. The Labour Party thinks it's representing Mr working Class Man, when an awful lot of Labour voters are now middle class professionals such as teachers, NHS professionals, scientists etc The working class man doesn't want to have to compete with millions of workers who will undercut them on pay. The tories are actually probably representing some mega rich, with a vast number of (possibly temporary )votes from the working classes.

Someone will probably say that's a load of rubbish, but the theory on here that Leavers have less formal education hardly backs up the theory that Leavers are elitist.

Business leaders want cheap labour =remain. House of Lords wanted Remain. MPs wanted Remain, as did the majority of the middle classes.

To me this elitist/leave history is a re-writing of history Most of the elite and middle classes wanted Remain. The Labour Party thinks it's representing Mr working Class Man, when an awful lot of Labour voters are now middle class professionals such as teachers, NHS professionals, scientists etc The working class man doesn't want to have to compete with millions of workers who will undercut them on pay. The tories are actually probably representing some mega rich, with a vast number of (possibly temporary )votes from the working classes.

Someone will probably say that's a load of rubbish, but the theory on here that Leavers have less formal education hardly backs up the theory that Leavers are elitist.

Business leaders want cheap labour =remain. House of Lords wanted Remain. MPs wanted Remain, as did the majority of the middle classes.
Not sure I would disagree with you on that, apart from one key word; wanted.

I don't think that is a fair reflection of the remain view. It assumes some personal motive. I personally no longer have any personal motive for remain. I will probably be economically fine even with the worst brexit outcome, and it has become clear in the last 18 months or so that freedom of movement is not likely to be an issue for my children, one of whom is unlikely to ever be able to leave our care.

Instead of wanted, I would say "thought remain would be better". For our country I still have absolutely no doubt of that. The horrendous racism, anti media, anti intellectualism and anti free speech we see today is a result of the leave vote.