#COVID19 | Page 1074 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Hopefully the effects of July 19th unlocking will be somewhat offset by the kids not being in school for the next few weeks. As usual only time will tell.

Testing is down, percentage of positive cases going up. Don't do the herd immunity thing.

We were/are testing more than all Europe combined, and as of last week when you did +ve tests/100,000 we were comparable with France and Germany.
I'm not sure what this geezers motivations are, but it is a disingenuous Tweet, as he was not comparing apples with apples when our cases were rising.

We were/are testing more than all Europe combined, and as of last week when you did +ve tests/100,000 we were comparable with France and Germany.
I'm not sure what this geezers motivations are, but it is a disingenuous Tweet, as he was not comparing apples with apples when our cases were rising.

Being an epidemiologist, I'd say his motivation is preventing the spread of infectious diseases.

Being an epidemiologist, I'd say his motivation is preventing the spread of infectious diseases.

Yeah, but he is not correct is he.
Have you seen Independent Sage as another example? Bunch of lefty charlatans who's primary goal is to show up the incompetence of the Government, not find a path out.

Collapsing testing system?

He's talking out his arse mate.

Testing is down, percentage of positive cases going up. Don't do the herd immunity thing.

Nonsense.

I'm no expert but even I can read numbers. Testing is not down

Screenshot_20210726-153128_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210726-153305_Samsung Internet.jpg
You can see very clearly that it varies wildly by the day- 28th June there were only 270,000 PCR tests done.

3rd July there were only 680,000 total tests done, 4th July it was 1.2 million. Even the graph he posts doesn't, as far as I can see, suggest testing is down.

The stats page he is using shows nothing about the % positive rate, so where does he get that from? He isn't citing any sources on that at all

Also have a good look at the graphs he Tweeted...

The graph on the right was about 9 days behind when it was Tweeted (5 days on the x-axis + 1/2 week because averaging over a week)

On the left graph he has, for some reason only he knows, switched Pillar 2 off.!!
This has the effect of hiding most of the tests that we are doing.

Crank Klaxon sound.

I have to say, I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing from ‘experts’ who do nothing but shove a narrative down your throat. No problem hearing from Whitty or the government who create a genuine picture… but clowns like this guy who genuinely seem to enjoy creating untrue statistics to make everybody depressed is frankly despicable.

Had my first night out in 16 months on Saturday and it was absolutely superb!

I have to say, I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing from ‘experts’ who do nothing but shove a narrative down your throat. No problem hearing from Whitty or the government who create a genuine picture… but clowns like this guy who genuinely seem to enjoy creating untrue statistics to make everybody depressed is frankly despicable.

LOL

You think the Government have painted a genuine picture..? Ok.

Was trying to be balanced…. Not really. I don’t think anyone has. Think if you question any of it then you’re just a Covid denier.
Very little of what the Government has said has been genuine unless it’s genuine arse covering.

COVID deniers are a different thing entirely but there will always be people who want us to be more cautious in the same way that there will always be those who want to be less cautious.

History will theoretically be the best judge but for those of us that have lived it there will always be differing opinions.

Very little of what the Government has said has been genuine unless it’s genuine arse covering.

COVID deniers are a different thing entirely but there will always be people who want us to be more cautious in the same way that there will always be those who want to be less cautious.

History will theoretically be the best judge but for those of us that have lived it there will always be differing opinions.

We went for a wander to a little harbor town near us a couple of evenings ago. About 8:30 pm. The place was packed, I only saw one other person wearing a mask of the couple of thousand that were there, and zero distancing. On top of that, all the tourists looking at me as if I was some kind of freak because I was wearing a mask. Tourists leave the rules at home, and it winds me up no end. My auntie (83) who is carer for her husband (93) lives there and she can't leave the house because of these selfish idiots. Do you think there were anti-gasmaskers during the wars? At least that would only affect THEM.

We went for a wander to a little harbor town near us a couple of evenings ago. About 8:30 pm. The place was packed, I only saw one other person wearing a mask of the couple of thousand that were there, and zero distancing. On top of that, all the tourists looking at me as if I was some kind of freak because I was wearing a mask. Tourists leave the rules at home, and it winds me up no end. My auntie (83) who is carer for her husband (93) lives there and she can't leave the house because of these selfish idiots. Do you think there were anti-gasmaskers during the wars? At least that would only affect THEM.
Gasmasks were never needed during the war