Covid Restrictions | Page 5 | Vital Football

Covid Restrictions

Being cognisant of the need to preserve the economy, why don`t we isolate just the people at most risk to the virus, that is, older people of pensionable age (65/66+) , and simply allow those younger people of working age, and far less vulnerable to Covid, go about their business ?

Exactly my thoughts too, Shielding for those that need to because of age or health conditions and everyone else should just go about their daily business.

Shifting back to the more serious side of Covid (much as I genuinely enjoyed the inter-change between the Reluctant Tourist and the Southend Tourist Info office rep :cheers: )

Whilst not confirming or denying that I might be an OAP, I wonder what the general consensus would be to this:

It seems that we will have to live with Covid for quite a time to come, almost certainly well into next year, anyway. So the prospect of more lock-down/s is real.

Being cognisant of the need to preserve the economy, why don`t we isolate just the people at most risk to the virus, that is, older people of pensionable age (65/66+) , and simply allow those younger people of working age, and far less vulnerable to Covid, go about their business ?

I`m sure some older folk would not sign up to this but, IF I were an OAP, I definitely would, if it meant that being isolated for say, six months, allowed those who are working to go about their lives in an almost normal way and ensure that, when the vaccine eventually arrives, the Country is still viable and we`ve still got shops, entertainment and an reasonable economy..

Realise that it won`t happen, btw, because it would be seen as discrimination, but, i`m putting it out there anyway.

If you are (or might be) an OAP - would you be prepared to fully isolate, even for several months, in order that UK plc can move forward less hindered and allow the prospect of a better outcome for all of us ??
Its a theory that is well documented and most "older" people i have spoken to would be happy to do it. Interesting as it proves a point i made some time ago that if the tables were turned and the virus only killed the young, the older generations would gladly stick to the rules and make sacrifices with no argument to keep the youngsters safe.

Oh and how exactly is this more important than knowing where to get a decent breakfast? You need to sort your priorities 🙄

Its a theory that is well documented and most "older" people i have spoken to would be happy to do it. Interesting as it proves a point i made some time ago that if the tables were turned and the virus only killed the young, the older generations would gladly stick to the rules and make sacrifices with no argument to keep the youngsters safe.

Oh and how exactly is this more important than knowing where to get a decent breakfast? You need to sort your priorities 🙄

Exactly! I did have two breakfasts this morning 😊

Shifting back to the more serious side of Covid (much as I genuinely enjoyed the inter-change between the Reluctant Tourist and the Southend Tourist Info office rep :cheers: )

Whilst not confirming or denying that I might be an OAP, I wonder what the general consensus would be to this:

It seems that we will have to live with Covid for quite a time to come, almost certainly well into next year, anyway. So the prospect of more lock-down/s is real.

I`m sure some older folk would not sign up to this but, IF I were an OAP, I definitely would, if it meant that being isolated for say, six months, allowed those who are working to go about their lives in an almost normal way and ensure that, when the vaccine eventually arrives, the Country is still viable and we`ve still got shops, entertainment and an reasonable economy..

Realise that it won`t happen, btw, because it would be seen as discrimination, but, i`m putting it out there anyway.

If you are (or might be) an OAP - would you be prepared to fully isolate, even for several months, in order that UK plc can move forward less hindered and allow the prospect of a better outcome for all of us ??
Looks like a non stater after all as herd immunity found to be unachievable.

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...tibodies-fall-rapidly-after-recovery-12115510

Looks like a non stater after all as herd immunity found to be unachievable.

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...tibodies-fall-rapidly-after-recovery-12115510

Nothing`s simple in this life ! Guess there`s some truth in the headline, but is it the full story ? Another "expert" , on the radio this morning, suggested that whilst the strength of the immunity might generally dilute naturally, a vaccine would have far hardier properties. Personally, i`m relatively content to wait for a vaccine and keep out of the mix in the interim.

Nothing`s simple in this life ! Guess there`s some truth in the headline, but is it the full story ? Another "expert" , on the radio this morning, suggested that whilst the strength of the immunity might generally dilute naturally, a vaccine would have far hardier properties. Personally, i`m relatively content to wait for a vaccine and keep out of the mix in the interim.
Definitely, a yearly jab, like flu, seems to be the only real solution 🤞

Just seen live on ABC News...
Joe Biden went up to a house, and asked a women to vote for him. She said "come in and have supper sex" He said "thanks mam, I'll have soup"....

Bit pissed off at the moment (after watching the football), but am currently waiting to see what the 5.00pm news announcement says about covid. To all those who said Johnson and his cronies should be given the benefit of doubt, we should have not been over critical of the Government and that we should all pull together :finger:

The complete incompetence is now being exposed.

These are the measures to be announced by the PM at 5. They will last to the 2nd December. And they are, In effect, a new “Tier 4” that will be imposed for a month initially to the whole of England.

1) All pubs and restaurants to close, though takeaways and deliveries will be permitted.

2) All non-essential retail to close, though supermarkets won't have to follow the Welsh example of fencing off non-essential goods.

3) There will be no mixing of people inside homes, except for childcare and other forms of support.

3) Manufacturing and construction will be encouraged to keep going.

4) Outbound international travel will be banned, except for work.

5) Travel within the UK will be discouraged, except for work.

6) Overnight stays away from home will be allowed only for work purposes...

7) Courts, schools, and universities will remain open.

Outdoor exercise and recreation will be encouraged.

9) Private prayer will continue in places of worship, but not services.

It all starts at one second past midnight on Thursday.

That’s Mrs Shotshy’s shop closed again then.
Any mention of compensation for the lost takings?
Luckily for her, she’s been without staff since reopening so no lay off issues.
I think she will be quite grateful as she’s been knackered doing it all on her own.
I would have helped but need to be socially distanced 😉
We’ll take the opportunity to redecorate.
We still have very very low cases although it is growing so I suppose it’s the correct decision.