COVID Passports | Vital Football

COVID Passports

muttley

Alert Team
Was chatting to my 21 year old nephew at the weekend. He convinced me that the government had tricked the younger generation into getting vaccines by saying they couldn't come into nightclubs without a Covid Passport. It would come into force at the end of September. According to him, they never intended to roll it out and he wasn't surprised by the news at the weekend that they retracted their plan.

Obviously, the Covid passport is hosted on the NHS App on a smartphone. The same place where you will be able to book GP appointments and manage your prescriptions. The NHS had 5 million users before the Covid passport was released. Conveniently, they now have 11 million. A huge opportunity to put some automation into the NHS when you think about it.

Then on Tuesday the government changed their story. Apparently, we might now have Covid passports in a scenario where they have to implement Plan B, whatever that is.

So was wondering what people's thoughts are on having a "health passport" on your phone? If you think bigger than Covid, would you feel comfortable if you were diagnosed with something contagious and your "Health Passport" went to Invalid i.e. you can't go to an office or go out to dinner at a restaurant or visit the gym. After all, that is the implication beyond the Covid years.

Was chatting to my 21 year old nephew at the weekend. He convinced me that the government had tricked the younger generation into getting vaccines by saying they couldn't come into nightclubs without a Covid Passport. It would come into force at the end of September. According to him, they never intended to roll it out and he wasn't surprised by the news at the weekend that they retracted their plan.

Obviously, the Covid passport is hosted on the NHS App on a smartphone. The same place where you will be able to book GP appointments and manage your prescriptions. The NHS had 5 million users before the Covid passport was released. Conveniently, they now have 11 million. A huge opportunity to put some automation into the NHS when you think about it.

Then on Tuesday the government changed their story. Apparently, we might now have Covid passports in a scenario where they have to implement Plan B, whatever that is.

So was wondering what people's thoughts are on having a "health passport" on your phone? If you think bigger than Covid, would you feel comfortable if you were diagnosed with something contagious and your "Health Passport" went to Invalid i.e. you can't go to an office or go out to dinner at a restaurant or visit the gym. After all, that is the implication beyond the Covid years.

It's a logical next step in digitization and should be welcomed. As is often quoted, government apps do less tracking and know less about you than commercial apps do and we freely sign up for these with no idea of thinking through the consequences.

It could save lives, it can save lives and it becomes a very useful conduit for NHS/gov communications given that we keep shying away from identity cards.

It could also save the NHS literally billions if it could set appointments/reminders and communicate follow-up and conclusions this way, as they do in Germany, France, and other parts of the World.

Depending on what authority you come under, you can manage your appointments via a website; but understanding how/when/when to do when your results come through after an investigation costs the NHS billions.

So, I'm all for it.

It's a logical next step in digitization and should be welcomed. As is often quoted, government apps do less tracking and know less about you than commercial apps do and we freely sign up for these with no idea of thinking through the consequences.

It could save lives, it can save lives and it becomes a very useful conduit for NHS/gov communications given that we keep shying away from identity cards.

It could also save the NHS literally billions if it could set appointments/reminders and communicate follow-up and conclusions this way, as they do in Germany, France, and other parts of the World.

Depending on what authority you come under, you can manage your appointments via a website; but understanding how/when/when to do when your results come through after an investigation costs the NHS billions.

So, I'm all for it.

So I get you are OK with the automation piece. I think most would be if it improved their relationship and experience with the NHS.

But if you went to your doctors and were diagnosed with something contagious and then given a prescription, imagine if that changed your health status to "invalid". You go to the gym and hold your health passport in front of their scanner and get told you can't come in. They don't know what you've had and what medicines you're taking, obviously for data confidentiality reasons. All they know is a QR code is decrypted as "invalid" and policy from above states you can't come in. You soon realise that you won't even go to the gym until you see a "valid" status on your phone. More importantly, you won't even go to the doctor next time, in case you get changed to "invalid".

Right now, I'm deliberately being far fetched. Or am I?

This, to me, is a capability that is incredibly close with Covid passports.

Biden just called the situation "The Pandemic of the Unvaccinated".

Passports are inevitable now.

So I get you are OK with the automation piece. I think most would be if it improved their relationship and experience with the NHS.

But if you went to your doctors and were diagnosed with something contagious and then given a prescription, imagine if that changed your health status to "invalid". You go to the gym and hold your health passport in front of their scanner and get told you can't come in. They don't know what you've had and what medicines you're taking, obviously for data confidentiality reasons. All they know is a QR code is decrypted as "invalid" and policy from above states you can't come in. You soon realise that you won't even go to the gym until you see a "valid" status on your phone. More importantly, you won't even go to the doctor next time, in case you get changed to "invalid".

Right now, I'm deliberately being far fetched. Or am I?

This, to me, is a capability that is incredibly close with Covid passports.

I'd welcome it even more. If you have something that could be highly contagious, you shouldn't be mixing - anywhere! - until of course, you have the all-clear.

We live in a complex highly integrated society, if we can minimise negative interactions that have consequences that go beyond yourself, then why would we be upset by them?

The quicker the better for all I'll say.

Biden just called the situation "The Pandemic of the Unvaccinated".

Passports are inevitable now.

In my local health Authority we have had an average of 300+ hospitalizations into the ITU in the last quarter, 97% of those were unvaccinated. Of ALL deaths in the UK since January 2 and July 2 2021 only 59 deaths were from those who were double jabbed - and they were all highly clinically numerable and probably would have died anyway, set against nearly 20,000+ who have died and didn't have the jab in the same period.

Sadly, in my authorities area, most deaths now are occurring in the 20-40 year old group as they believed it was a risk worth taking.

More long covid cases are being reported amongst 20-35 survivors and rising.

We still have 5.5 million adults who were eligible for the jab and who haven't had it, so the disease will take off again most likely, and more of them will die or suffer long covid - it is now the disease and death of the stupid.

Long covid is a bastard. Can't shift mine.

Mind you the 2nd jab has made my fatigue worse.

At least you got your jabs, well done. Today I spoke with the staff nurse/Matron for the Covid wards in our authority, in the last 24 hours they lost 12 people, youngest 19 oldest 45 - none had the jab.

She said it's actually causing more mental anguish amongst the medical staff than when they were losing much older patients as many have young families/even young parents and are inconsolable.

Why oh why are people acting so stupidly?

Yesterday, just 3 deaths; 27, 29, and a 32-year-old. None had been vaccinated.

Doctors are now calling it the 'stupid tax'.

What can we say or do to convince these people?

Yesterday, just 3 deaths; 27, 29, and a 32-year-old. None had been vaccinated.

Doctors are now calling it the 'stupid tax'.

What can we say or do to convince these people?

3 in your local authority.? Such young ages, it is very worrying. The antivax brigade need to take note or be made aware..

3 in your local authority.? Such young ages, it is very worrying. The antivax brigade need to take note or be made aware..

They're not listening and now that the government has bottled the covid passport imposition, they definitely won't now.

Like all of us once did, they believe that they're string enough to get through it without too much damage - until of course, they don't and it's too late.

None of the three who died yesterday had any underlying conditions, all were fit and healthy.

As I said the mental trauma it's now doing to doctors/nurses etc is immense, it's enough to start treating staff with the same methodology used to combat PTSD.

Today, as I have just spoken with one of the hospital admins, the sick rate with medical staff is now at an all-time high and so soon the perfect storm will happen; increasing numbers of unvaccinated admissions of younger people and less staff to treat them.

So whereas before Doctors could in all good consciousness make decisions that anyone above 65 may not have to be treated, apart from making them as comfortable as possible if they thought it was a 50 / 50 call - they are now making that early call for all the unvaccinated.

As I said, they call it the 'stupid tax'.

I would suggest the govt publish the young death figures for unvaccinated victims. More than publish actually, hold a briefing about it on TV and get it front page of the newspapers, get the news broadcasters talking about it with medical experts. The problem needs public awareness.

Wales apparently going ahead with COVID Passports for limited events.

The pass will be needed for clubs, indoor no-seating events with more than 500 people and outdoor no-seating events with more than 4,000 people.

It will also be required for any event with more than 10,000 people.

Not available from the NHS app in Wales. You have to go onto the government website and register.

......awaiting news from Scotland.

Don't you just love how joined up the different countries are in the UK.

4 deaths over the weekend, all non-vaccinated, all under 45.

General Sickness in staff is rising exponentially; it is going to be the next element of this crisis; staff's inability to cope any longer, so we'll have admissions and no one to treat them properly.

Speaking on the phone to a staff member today I asked what were the contingency plans looking like and was told 'we're already in them and we have no plan C, it's plan D next, I asked what was that, they said 'death, deaths and more deaths' no matter what their ages we just won't be able to treat them soon as we don't have the staff to do it'.

I am going to stop talking to them now as this morning I have found it all too depressing to hear of so many preventable deaths.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...ium=standalone_content_recirculation_with_ads

Anti-vaxxer Alan Steel dies from Covid hours after being put on a ventilator

VIEW 38 COMMENTS

By
Tammy Hughes
21 hours ago
An anti-vaxxer who shared misinformation about the jab on social media has died from Covid hours after being put on a ventilator.
Personal finance guru Alan Steel, 74, died on Wednesday after battling the virus for a month.
Mr Steel was also against masks and lockdowns.

In a solemn message last month, he tweeted: “You may wonder why I’ve been so quiet. For the best part of two weeks, I fought a losing battle with Covid.
“Been on oxygen in hospital since. Moving to intensive care today. This is one nasty illness. Fingers crossed I make it through.”
Mr Steel was best known in his industry for being the first to expose the problems at Equitable Life - where the insurer’s policyholders lost billions of pounds in savings.
He quickly gained a reputation in the financial services sector and managed his own firm with more than £1 billion worth of client assets.

In a statement last week Steven Forbes, managing director of Alan Steel Asset Management, said:
“It is with deep sadness that I have to inform you that the company’s founder and figurehead Alan Steel has passed away.
“As you know a few weeks ago he caught the horrible virus that has dominated our lives for the last eighteen months, and despite his battles against huge institutions such as Equitable Life, the regulator and those that gave our industry a bad reputation, his last, against an invisible foe, was one that even he could not win.
“Alan made sure it would be business as usual when he was no longer around and the 41 of us in this branch of his family will continue his legacy and maintain the five key components of the business he loved; knowledge, integrity, innovation, fairness and fun. I make no bones about the fact the last will be the hardest to do initially, but Alan would want us smiling so we will try our best.”
Tributes poured in for Mr Steel who leaves behind his wife Fran and two children - Malcolm and Catherine.
“So sorry to hear this news,” Fiona Hyslop, member of Scottish parliament for Linlithgow, tweeted.
“Alan achieved so much and was much respected in the local community of Linlithgow in my constituency where he based his highly successful Alan Steel Asset Management which he took to great success.”
Ian Beestin at Money Alive tweeted: “This is such sad news. Alan was a great guy. I remember first reading his insightful comments in newspapers around 30 years ago. He was also a huge music fan and supporter of live music. Will miss him. Condolences to his family.”
Close friend John Allison said: “Alan always remained totally true to his working-class upbringing, but unknown to most, he was also a significant financial benefactor and behind the scenes, he gave great financial support to many local institutions and events.

“The financial services industry is traditionally very light on characters and legends – Alan Steel may sadly prove to be the last of them.”

The world’s first trial variant-proof booster vaccine, which could prevent the need for jabs to be tweaked regularly to combat new strains, is being trialled in Manchester.
Retired couple Andrew Clarke, 63, and his wife Helen, 64, from Bolton, became the first to receive the mRNA vaccine on Monday.
Most current vaccines target the Covid-19 spike protein - the little grappling hook on the outside of the virus that it uses to latch onto human cells.
However many of the worrying new variants have spike protein mutations, which can make vaccines less effective.
As well as spike proteins, the new vaccine - called - currently GRT-R910 - contains other viral proteins that are less likely to evolve over time, and is also designed to induce a strong memory T-cell response.
A phase one trial in the over-60s was launched on Monday by US pharmaceutical company Gritstone in collaboration with The University of Manchester and Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust.
If successful it would be used as a booster to improve the immune response to emerging variants. Results are expected by next Spring.
Professor Andrew Ustianowski, Chief Investigator for the study, from The University of Manchester: "We now know the immune response to first generation vaccines can wane, particularly in older people.
"Coupled with the prevalence of emerging variants, there is a clear need for continued vigilance to keep Covid-19 at bay.
"We think GRT-R910 as a booster vaccination will elicit strong, durable, and broad immune responses, which are likely to be critical in maintaining protection of this vulnerable elderly population who are particularly at risk of hospitalisation and death."
Though the vaccine is being initially trialled in the over-60s, future studies will also examine its efficacy in other-vulnerable populations.
The trial will examine dose, safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity at least four months after the second dose of an initial vaccine.
"Our vaccine is designed to drive robust CD8+ T cell responses, in addition to strong neutralising antibody responses, offering the promise of longer lasting immunity," said Dr Andrew Allen, Co-Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Gritstone.
"Since viral surface proteins like the spike protein are evolving and sometimes partially evading vaccine-induced immunity, we designed GRT-R910 to have broad therapeutic potential against a wide array of SARS-CoV-2 variants by also delivering highly conserved viral proteins that may be less prone to genetic variation in the virus.
"Our hypothesis is that a different vaccine such as GRT-R910 might complement the primary immune response from pre-existing vaccination with a first generation Covid vaccine in such a way that it would provide more benefit than an additional dose of the same vaccine."
The Clarkes, who are both fully dosed, said they wanted to 'play their part' in ending the pandemic.
Mr Clarke added: "Somebody has to be the first and we’re confident in the science and technology behind this vaccine and convinced of the need for it.
"Because we’re both retired, we feel we had a reasonably easy lockdown, but we know it wasn’t the same for everybody.
"We feel that this is perhaps a small part we can play in helping to make things change."