Covid outbreak | Page 3 | Vital Football

Covid outbreak

There are a couple on here ramping up the hyperbole on Gabriel.

I've not seen him yet. But the chances of him being as effective as Christie this season for us are slim. That's not a criticism of his ability of course
I haven’t seen anyone on here saying that at all. Some think he is worth a shot and some think he isn’t but that’s about it.

I thought Christie did ok for us so Gabriel has probably got some work to do but he is young and is coming off the back of a good season. If we could get somebody in with experience for Gabriel to both battle with and learn from then that would be a good move but we may not have that option the way things are going.

I think there is very little chance of the EFL postponing on fitness grounds for forest, given that any self isolations will be done by then.

Coventry would rightly protest, given our fixture is now a pretty safe bet for three points for them

Depends upon how many are impacted, whether any others then test positive etc & self isolating contacts - this is a more than valid reason for a league fixture to be cancelled.

There is a precedent from last season - welfare of players etc has to come first.

But its beyond the isolation period. I can't see any postponement happening, it would throw the league into utter chaos as it will probably happen throughout the season

But its beyond the isolation period. I can't see any postponement happening, it would throw the league into utter chaos as it will probably happen throughout the season

I don't know enough about it, but what if more test positive 4-5 days after the initial bunch - how long do they have to isolate for?

I don't know enough about it, but what if more test positive 4-5 days after the initial bunch - how long do they have to isolate for?
10 days after symptoms first present i think, isolation if you aren’t positive is essentially voluntary/personal responsibility now.

10 days after symptoms first present i think, isolation if you aren’t positive is essentially voluntary/personal responsibility now.
It date from the last contact with the infected, if that contact was within two days of symptoms starting.

Last edited:
At least one team is going to end up like Rotherham last season with a few games in hand because of various outbreaks throughout the season, that’s assuming we don’t get another Johnson variant & the whole season stops.

add in a really wet autumn water logging pitches & a really cold winter with snow & ice calling off games as well & you could easily get a team with 10 games in hand.

At least one team is going to end up like Rotherham last season with a few games in hand because of various outbreaks throughout the season, that’s assuming we don’t get another Johnson variant & the whole season stops.

add in a really wet autumn water logging pitches & a really cold winter with snow & ice calling off games as well & you could easily get a team with 10 games in hand.

I think there will be plenty of situations like this throughout the season and it'll be interesting to see if the EFL do allow games to be postponed as a result?

I think there will be plenty of situations like this throughout the season and it'll be interesting to see if the EFL do allow games to be postponed as a result?

Absolutely I hope there aren’t but I can see this season being a total mess. I just hope those moaning about how Coventry wouldn’t postpone when it’s the other way round.

EFL were inconsistent with that last year; I think Sunderland were forced to play under such circumstances but other clubs were not.

We will have to play Coventry under the current circumstances, I am very confident in that. That would only change if we had a sudden outbreak across a number of players next week