Covid outbreak | Vital Football

Covid outbreak

the jock

Vital Football Legend
Nottingham Forest have announced that a small number of the first team squad have tested positive for coronavirus.

The Reds were due to play a friendly behind closed doors against Aston Villa this afternoon which has been cancelled.

Forest have another pre-season friendly against Burnley on Saturday at the City Ground before kicking off their Championship campaign at Coventry on August 8th. The club say any information on Saturday's friendly will be confirmed in due course.

Surely Burnley canceled now too. Things are not going well already
It is what it is.

We won't be the only ones this happens to.

It could be worse.

Our manager could be on the front of the Sun pictured asleep with two scantily clad ladies on the same day he puts one of their few contracted players out of action for three months.

The wave that is going to come in nov- dec time which will be the Johnson varient is going to be much worse

Its coming

The world needs to wake the fuck up and realise this is not going away for a few years and we are going to be the epicenter of the shit that is coming

l'm actually genuinely scared about this for the first time

Be nice to know if the clowns have been vaccinated

As most of the squad are under 30 they wouldn’t have been able to vaccinate till 1st week of June at earliest. 2nd dose not due till September earliest. All vaccines are only 30% efficient on one dose. Better to have it real now than in 10 days time. Makes preparations and training difficult.

As most of the squad are under 30 they wouldn’t have been able to vaccinate till 1st week of June at earliest. 2nd dose not due till September earliest. All vaccines are only 30% efficient on one dose. Better to have it real now than in 10 days time. Makes preparations and training difficult.
They are pushing for everyone to have 2nd 8 weeks after first jab so early august should be done

But the Burnley game goes ahead

That's all well and good, but the vaccines don't prevent infection. Even 2 doses. All it does is minimise the risk of being seriously ill, but you can still pass it on. Makes a mockery of the vaccine passports. Never mind.

That's all well and good, but the vaccines don't prevent infection. Even 2 doses. All it does is minimise the risk of being seriously ill, but you can still pass it on. Makes a mockery of the vaccine passports. Never mind.

Incorrect. Increasing evidence suggests vaccine reduces transmission, even amongst the high rate transmission variants. It also reduces risk of getting seriously ill. Next you will be telling us it is ineffective.

Incorrect. Increasing evidence suggests vaccine reduces transmission, even amongst the high rate transmission variants. It also reduces risk of getting seriously ill. Next you will be telling us it is ineffective.
Absolutely.

British Grand Prix- 100,000 there Saturday, 140,000 there Sunday. Very few masks (if they even do anything), very little distancing.

Delta incubation is on average less than 4 days between infection and positive test.

Where has been the spike in cases?

Myself and my daughter seem to have come through unscathed 10 days on from race day.

Yes, it's outdoors, it was hot and the amount of UV light isn't helpful to the virus. But those park and ride buses at least should have been a delight for the virus.

*Touch wood* the British GP test is a triumph for vaccines both reducing transmission and reducing the symptoms to become unnoticeable.

The wave that is going to come in nov- dec time which will be the Johnson varient is going to be much worse

Its coming

The world needs to wake the fuck up and realise this is not going away for a few years and we are going to be the epicenter of the shit that is coming

l'm actually genuinely scared about this for the first time

I am quite relieved about your prediction. Your prediction record is on a par with Ferguson’s modelling record. Woefully wrong. Didn’t you predict Corbyn would win the last election? I will watch out for a new variant ( is varient a variant of variant) and resulting wave in Nov/Dec. You are correct though, it isn’t going to go away.

Absolutely.

British Grand Prix- 100,000 there Saturday, 140,000 there Sunday. Very few masks (if they even do anything), very little distancing.

Delta incubation is on average less than 4 days between infection and positive test.

Myself and my daughter seem to have come through unscathed 10 days on from race day.

Yes, it's outdoors, it was hot and the amount of UV light isn't helpful to the virus. But those park and ride buses at least should have been a delight for the virus.

*Touch wood* the British GP test is a triumph for vaccines both reducing transmission and reducing the symptoms to become unnoticeable.

And Latitude, Tramlines etc. Although research from test events is not published yet, outdoor events show very few numbers. Even indoor events such as Crucible only picked up 5, over several days. Bars, toilets and concourses are areas of concern. Low numbers in test events one of the reasons for unlocking. Looking forward to publication. Still staying away from airport lounges. Didn’t like them pre-covid, even less now.

I meant transmission. No idea why I said infection. Doh. Thanks anyway.

I am quite relieved about your prediction. Your prediction record is on a par with Ferguson’s modelling record. Woefully wrong. Didn’t you predict Corbyn would win the last election? I will watch out for a new variant ( is varient a variant of variant) and resulting wave in Nov/Dec. You are correct though, it isn’t going to go away.

Nope I didn't predict he would win
I was hopeful in 2017

Absolutely.

I prefer the optimistic Pope, it is in there somewhere.

I think people are under estimating the power of the sun to kill this vitrus tho. Its thought damage to the virus starts imemdiately, preventing its transmission very quickly and totally killing it within 2o minutes or so. Its pretty much one of the biggest factors in keeping down the numbers.

Theres been talk of ventilation etc indoors and clearly 90% of ventilation probabaly spreads the particiles, not remove them, so it would probabaly make sense for each building to have some UVC tech/lighting. Much like I do on some of my fishtanks to kill bacteria.. Seems very logical, even if means we have to produce them as fast as masks for a while

Lots of potential reasons for discrepancies and falling rates. Assuming they are real - and they are, at least to some extent - it's very good news.

Football's over, innit. Similar pattern but earlier in Scotland. The axis here is really interesting. It shows gender bias. Boys like footy with mates...

Screenshot_20210729-001216_Twitter.jpg