Covid in the house | Vital Football

Covid in the house

Albert Ramsbottom

Vital 1st Team Regular
All been isolating since last Saturday after my eldest lad tested positive. This was due to end Tuesday when we could head back out into the world.

Younger son now tested positive so that’s another 10 days. Myself and the Mrs are both double jabbed at least but know we can still catch it. Both lads had a couple of days of temperature and aching but mainly ok. No cough though! Youngest is peed off as he wants to be at school with his mates.

Main thing is at the minute we are all ok. I know so many people have been drastically affected by this so not taking it lightly. 30 plus cases in the last week at my eldest sons school.

Just a heads up as I thought a cough was always a symptom of covid. Seems this variant doing the rounds is different. This is going to drag on a good while longer I think. Cycles of getting it under control, all mixing then cases rising again - with different variants on the go. I think unofficially, herd immunity is happening for the younger generations.

Take care chaps

Two of my family have had it after second dose thankfully not as bad as it could have it was only a few days after second injection so the second may not have fully protected.

I'm still trying to live with the effects of testing + 15months ago.
Extreme fatigue, raging insomnia, regular chest infections and a wheeze that rattles like a loose window in a tornado.
Whilst not fit I certainly wasn't at risk prior to catching it and when I got called for the jab it was the 65+ /clinically vulnerable group....
I don't fit the first criteria just yet.
If you aren't jabbed I urge you to get it, it's not the fact that you personally may be fortunate enough to not suffer serious effects of it but the fact that if you get it you may spread it to others who aren't as lucky.

Extreme fatigue, raging insomnia, regular chest infections and a wheeze that rattles like a loose window in a tornado.

That's called 'ageing' Dave.😎

That's called 'ageing' Dave.😎
I was as fit as a fiddle up 75ish and then started to drop to bits.So enjoy your late middle age before it passes you buy.

We managed a few days of ‘freedom’ and ‘normality’ the weekend of the 10th July. Eldest son went back to school 2 days before his whole year got sent home for 10 days. Mrs went back 3 days (teacher) and caught it - so that meant another 10 days all round. Kids missed the rest of the term and the youngest his last week of primary school before starting secondary. He was gutted. Lots of other schools in the area and I guess nationwide have struggled.

Both kids are back to good health, though the eldest’s appetite isn’t fully back. Mrs gets tired easily. I’ve still managed to avoid it but not sure how.

BUT, it’s mainly just been an inconvenience having to stay in. Pretty much from the 26th June to today when we can head out. Neighbours and my mum have been fab getting shopping etc. Feeling very grateful we’ve been vaccinated and we’ve not suffered like so many families.

Sounds like you're doing OK Bertie thankfully. What's the situation with the 'brand' of jab in the UK? Astra Zenaca or Pfizer depending on age or what?