Covid and the Premier League | Vital Football

Covid and the Premier League

D

Departed

Shakiri has tested positive. When will we be hit with this? Or are our testing and control methods better than Liverpool's?

I would think it’s down to the individuals habits at home and in public .
I couldn’t believe the Chav players going to a party for that bloke Tammy and then saying they didn’t actually realise they were breaking guidances . Where is their intelligence. They just don’t have any .
next time I have twenty people in my garden for a celebration, I’m going to take videos etc and put it on social media . . Makes my blood boil !

Have to agree there, regards intelligence, and I also feel the numpty footballers have the belief "it won't happen to me" knumbnuts!

Regards Spurs and the way they are handling things, I think I read an article yesterday saying that other clubs ought to look at the way Spurs do things, I might be wrong, but here's hoping its correct.

Walthy its all relative,,,,,for me to go to spurs (if I could (covid) and if I could get a ticket etc lost time travelling there and back, it would cost a whole lot more than a £14.95 ppv. I estimate it to be £100-£150per game ...driving into east london, parking and tube and overland trains for the day out plus the ticket food and drinkies etc etc .

Having said that I stuck with sky but in context the monthly sports package - (No sports and Premier) is £16 squid., So as it stands I personally am quite happy and can watch all our competitors as well. In total my full sky deal inc. Super fast Broadband Sky TV Sky Mobile (2 x sim services), Cinema Sports, Kids. Evening and weekend home phone calls etc etc is under £80 per month which is half of one match day cost for me ...

I think i get reasonable value for money from them

For the serious sport watcher

Sky sports ......................£558 a year
BT Sport .........................£220 a year
Amazon’s Prime .............£80 annual fee
170 PPV games .............£2541. 50

total ................................£3399. 50
I know that’s every game , but it’s a hell of a lot just to watch football . If you are that serious about it .

Walthy its all relative,,,,,for me to go to spurs (if I could (covid) and if I could get a ticket etc lost time travelling there and back, it would cost a whole lot more than a £14.95 ppv. I estimate it to be £100-£150per game ...driving into east london, parking and tube and overland trains for the day out plus the ticket food and drinkies etc etc .

Having said that I stuck with sky but in context the monthly sports package - (No sports and Premier) is £16 squid., So as it stands I personally am quite happy and can watch all our competitors as well. In total my full sky deal inc. Super fast Broadband Sky TV Sky Mobile (2 x sim services), Cinema Sports, Kids. Evening and weekend home phone calls etc etc is under £80 per month which is half of one match day cost for me ...

I think i get reasonable value for money from them
I'm not sure the match day experience and watching on TV is a like-for-like comparison though?

In the days when I used to go I remember the adrenalin use to pump the minute I woke up on a Saturday. There was meeting up with your mates before travelling; beers before the game; being in the company of thousands of Spurs fans; watching the team live and singing yourself hoarse to support them. What price could you put on that? And at least the ticket money and spend at the ground on the day went to the club rather than the TV companies.

Yep I do too but it was shillings to get in and I used to run throught the barriers at liverpool street so never paid the full train fare just Liverpool street to White Hart lane although I used to say I got on at Bruce Grove ...Northumberland Park to/from stratford was harder to duck and dive,
Football was for the fans poor or otherwise mate. And a programme did not cost a £5 pound note either.
Spent many a game on the shelf side slagging off Brian Moore under the camera stand with the microphone hanging down......too dear for the true lifelong Spurs fan pensioners nowadays. alright for the rich yuppy or made it men. I try to get there twice a year - missus birthday treat for me and one of my sons taskes me once a season
And yes you are right nothing like the morning pre match buid up excitement....but the prices now are ridiculous for many....including me.....although I could if I wanted to...can't be bothered with the journey so happy at watching on the box, a few beers chatting with my mates about the game online and missus cooking a nice curry ....mmmm.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the match day experience and watching on TV is a like-for-like comparison though?

In the days when I used to go I remember the adrenalin use to pump the minute I woke up on a Saturday. There was meeting up with your mates before travelling; beers before the game; being in the company of thousands of Spurs fans; watching the team live and singing yourself hoarse to support them. What price could you put on that? And at least the ticket money and spend at the ground on the day went to the club rather than the TV companies.
Nothing will ever beat the live matchday experience. Then again the same could be said for going to the cinema which is no longer an option. At least we have an alternative to tide us over in the meantime.