Covid 19 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Covid 19

It’s very risky to book anything at the moment.
If you're watching your budget , definitely.
I've got a mate who returned back to UK from staying with me in March , who still hasn't received his money back from Ryanair , for a cancelled (by them) flight.
Be prepared to wait a long time for refunds !

I've done nothing of the sort. If you want to say what "nobody is allowed to say", go ahead.

When I say "certain parts of certain regions", I mean just that. Certain parts. To be taken at face value, nothing implied whatsoever. There are any number of reasons why those certain parts have been worse hit. The reason you're implying could be one of those reasons, but I certainly don't believe it's the only one, by any means.

Thanks for the clarification, it wasn't really needed. My point still stands.

I was talking to my mate in Malta tonight and he’s furious because of the spike there.
They allowed a weekend party rave at a hotel and many have now tested positive and a ward in the main hospital has had to close.
They lifted quarantine for U.K. tourists on the 15 th July.
Looks like it might be on again soon by either them or us.
It’s very risky to book anything at the moment.
Agree with that. Anyone booking since this thing took off, especially after March 23rd, must have known there'd be risks and the Government have said all along that travel restrictions will change to react to spikes in other countries.

We have a cruise booked for late June 2021 .
I’m ok with losing the deposit if the situation is still the same as it is now.
There is no way I’d risk it.
I’m actually amazed that anyone would.
It’s a worldwide pandemic.

We have a cruise booked for late June 2021 .
I’m ok with losing the deposit if the situation is still the same as it is now.
There is no way I’d risk it.
I’m actually amazed that anyone would.
It’s a worldwide pandemic.
I'll be quite happy going to Lanzarote as booked, the infection rate there is lower than here and, from speaking to a friend that lives there, the precautions being taken are excellent. The hotel we always stay at is kept spotless anyway (the main reason Mrs Nobby likes going back every year) and I received an email from them today listing all of the measures and rules being put in place ready for re-opening on 1st September.
Are your concerns specifically about a cruise or a holiday in general?

In general Nobby.
It’s not necessarily about catching anything.
Imagine this.
You’re having a lovely time when the Spanish government announced another total lockdown due to a spike in Lanzarote.
No one in.
No one out.
Could be a long holiday and you’d need an understanding boss as to why you are two weeks late back then isolate for two weeks.
In my opinion, it’s not worth the risk for a couple of weeks holiday that you can take when it’s under control.

I read a really good article this morning about the risk of having a holiday abroad during Covid 19
As long as any traveller accepts the risks, then there can be no issues.
What grates is the people who were so desperate for their holiday, travelling while knowing the potential consequences, then whinging about it not being fair.
One woman on tv yesterday said that Boris told her to go. 🙄

I read a really good article this morning about the risk of having a holiday abroad during Covid 19
As long as any traveller accepts the risks, then there can be no issues.
What grates is the people who were so desperate for their holiday, travelling while knowing the potential consequences, then whinging about it not being fair.
One woman on tv yesterday said that Boris told her to go. 🙄
I see what you're saying and I agree to an extent, ie if someone booked knowing the pandemic was here or on it's way but those of us who booked as long ago as November '19 knew nothing of what was to come.
Financially, I've been told I'm covered, both by the travel company and insurance. I'm also lucky that my employer has my back re working from home because I've booked early. As I said earlier, people who booked post March 23rd because there were cheap deals must have known there was a risk. Like you, I wouldn't have booked anything after say February/March because of the uncertainty. Mrs Nobby and I have already decided that should ours not go ahead, we'll probably wait until after I leave the police next September. Bit gutted as holidays are the only reason I do overtime so I feel like I've worked all those extra days for nothing. First World problems eh? 🙄

Madrid has now moved in line with the rest of Spain (apart from the Canary Islands) - wearing of masks outdoors compulsory at all times, even when social distancing can be respected.

I think we need a conspiracy theory around this.
I'll start by suggesting that the new restrictions are to protect the British holiday trade, what better way to support our hospitality industry than stop people going anywhere else.

To be fair to the authorities, these were bought in by an NGO rescue boat and they had covid on arrival.
They have been isolated so unless they escape should offer no threat to the population.

Interesting that the Doctors Union in Malta has now said that they have called for strike action unless these mass gatherings are cancelled.
At least they seem to have a bit of sense.

That's actually mental if those events go ahead. 🤯

I was due to go to a gig in March 2020 that's been postponed until March 2021 at Brixton Academy. I'll be happy if it goes ahead then even.
Even later, we were due to see Texas in October '20, now rescheduled for June '21

Good band, underrated I feel. I remember seeing on them on TFI Friday when I was a yoof
Yeah, great. Seen them a few times now due to Mrs Nobby being a massive fan. I went along thinking I'd probably heard about three of their singles and turned out I knew everything in their 2 hour set.

And Sharleen Spiteri.........phwoar, proper crumpet and such a sexy voice. 🤪

That's actually mental if those events go ahead. 🤯

I was due to go to a gig in March 2020 that's been postponed until March 2021 at Brixton Academy. I'll be happy if it goes ahead then even.
The thing that is obvious is that the U.K. has gone from an irrelevant little rock on the fringe of Europe to being essential for the survival of many European economies.