Covid 19 | Vital Football

Covid 19

shotshy

Vital Champions League
Given that the Dept of Health are now talking about revisiting the covid death figure due to some inaccuracies, I’d like to ask if any poster on here had actually caught the virus .
Not being suspicious but actually tested and confirmed.
Actually, we could include if any poster actually knows someone who unfortunately died due to covid.

The lady who lives opposites husband was in a nursing home with advanced dementia.
He was poorly and needed to go into hospital where he died. Covid was on the death cert but she can only assume that he caught it in the hospital as there was no other cases in the home.
Given that he was on his last legs anyway, it was counted as a covid death even though he probably wouldn’t have lasted a week without it.

Anyone personally affected ?

Why I’m asking if because when speaking to people, not a single person has had it down here.

I and quite a few colleagues had the symptoms back in January, no tests available then of course. We have all continued working throughout lockdown (posties) no one has been off work with any cold/flu like symptoms since early March. One lady in our office got tested as her partner showed symptoms, both negative. I have sadly heard of two people on my round who died with Covid. Both elderly and with health issues.

Cheers Billy.
I know that loads think they have had it including my son and DiL back in December, but I actually mean 100% confirmed cases.

The only person I've heard dying of is my ex-wife's new husband's uncle. I work in an organisation of 4,000 people that is based mostly in London, and no employee has died. There were 2 people in my section (180 people) that got it, one badly, but both recovered.

I think we have discussed this before Shotshy - the death certificates that I have seen have had 3 or 4 causes of death on them, and if you count every cause separately you will be quadruple counting deaths.

It has often been said that hospitals are the most unhealthy places, hence the advent of Superbugs like MRSA and C-Diff.

My mum caught both of those in her prolonged stays in hospital during her last year but neither appeared on her death certificate and you barely hear them mentioned since Covid arose.

I wonder what the statistics are on those bugs this year?

The only real difference is that Covid is often first contracted outside hospital.

I read once that the average person "knows" 2,000 people (friends, neighbours, colleagues, school friends, family, teammates, family of friends etc). Based on death toll of one in 1,450, people should on average know someone that has died, but a lot of deaths are the elderly or BAME

Given that the Dept of Health are now talking about revisiting the covid death figure due to some inaccuracies, I’d like to ask if any poster on here had actually caught the virus .
Not being suspicious but actually tested and confirmed.
Actually, we could include if any poster actually knows someone who unfortunately died due to covid.

The lady who lives opposites husband was in a nursing home with advanced dementia.
He was poorly and needed to go into hospital where he died. Covid was on the death cert but she can only assume that he caught it in the hospital as there was no other cases in the home.
Given that he was on his last legs anyway, it was counted as a covid death even though he probably wouldn’t have lasted a week without it.

Anyone personally affected ?

Why I’m asking if because when speaking to people, not a single person has had it down here.

My mum was very ill with it. Her husband even worse, he was admitted to hospital and then into ICU.

Mum said it was awful, felt like she was dying and wasn't at all sure she'd see her husband alive again after the ambulance took him away.

They're both fine now.

We have to take this seriously, it's no good people starting to think it's all a fuss about nothing. I just went to the supermarket and as usual (covid usual anyway!) I masked up. Shop was busy but only a handful of people wearing masks. It's disappointing that people can't think for themselves and do the most obviously sensible and responsible thing and put a mask on when around other people indoors.

Incredible how much siloed thinking there has been at a time when there is a global emergency.

No alignment on how to measure performance so we can’t understand what is and isn’t working.

Wouldn’t it have been great if we could leverage the work already done on an app developed by other countries who had a bit more foresight?

Why didn’t we learn the lessons that other countries has with SARS?

How can different countries take different views on the effectiveness of face masks?

hop was busy but only a handful of people wearing masks. It's disappointing that people can't think for themselves and do the most obviously sensible and responsible thing and put a mask on when around other people indoors.
.............and yet last night I noticed in the supermarket not one of the staff had a mask on and they would have passed by hundreds of customers some with and some without masks on for hours on end

My mum was very ill with it. Her husband even worse, he was admitted to hospital and then into ICU.

Mum said it was awful, felt like she was dying and wasn't at all sure she'd see her husband alive again after the ambulance took him away.

They're both fine now.

We have to take this seriously, it's no good people starting to think it's all a fuss about nothing. I just went to the supermarket and as usual (covid usual anyway!) I masked up. Shop was busy but only a handful of people wearing masks. It's disappointing that people can't think for themselves and do the most obviously sensible and responsible thing and put a mask on when around other people indoors.

Is it any wonder Bhudda?

The general public see government officials flout the lockdown rules,

They hear the PM saying that he’ll continue to shake hands with people.

There is ever changing messages about face masks.

On a similar topic - the local Sunday League team trained at the park last week. Maybe 30-40 guys in their 20s. They was zero social distancing and plenty of spitting.

Is it any wonder Bhudda?

The general public see government officials flout the lockdown rules,

They hear the PM saying that he’ll continue to shake hands with people.

There is ever changing messages about face masks.

It's simple as far as I can tell. Wearing a mask might help limit the spread of the virus so mask up when you're inside around other people.

Don't wait to be told to do it by the government. Just do it. What is the point in not doing it?

If it turns out that wearing a mask hasn't helped then so what?! One thing is for sure, wearing a mask isn't going to help the virus spread more quickly.

They're both fine now.

Sorry to hear about your Mum and her husband with confirmed covid Budhha.
I’m glad they have both fully recovered.
I don’t want this to turn into another anti government rant.
I’m just genuinely curious about the statistics.

As for masking up, we’ll as I’ve mentioned, my missus has a shop and at the moment, she is leaving it to their discretion but wearing one herself when a customer comes in. A couple of weeks and everyone will wear one.
She did refuse one lady entry because she wouldn’t use the sanitiser.

Wifes friends brother died from it. He may have caught it in a doctors surgery.

Son in law - a geography professor, had a very nasty flu like illness in January. He'd been to China 3 times since October. He's sure that it was the corona virus.

My uncle died "with COVID-19" a few weeks ago but was receiving treatment for throat cancer at the time. His main symptom was shortness of breath which is common in both illnesses so who knows what actually killed him?
I have four immediate team mates at work who tested positive, one with really bad symptoms but also had two friends (former colleagues) who were in comas, one for nearly six weeks. All have now recovered although the last two have been told it will be at least six months before they are back to anything like normal health.

My policer inspector mate in my cricket team had it. Was on a ventilator and in hospital for 11 days a couple of months ago. Not really well enough to start playing again yet.

I assume (as does he) that he got it through work, especially as there was no PPE for them at the time.

It's simple as far as I can tell. Wearing a mask might help limit the spread of the virus so mask up when you're inside around other people.

Don't wait to be told to do it by the government. Just do it. What is the point in not doing it?

If it turns out that wearing a mask hasn't helped then so what?! One thing is for sure, wearing a mask isn't going to help the virus spread more quickly.

I’m not disagreeing with you. Just making some sense of people’s behaviour.

I don't want to, that's the reason really. I haven't got coronavirus, i'm not scared of getting it, I have managed ok for the last 3 months, and I thought that we making progress to some sort of normality? I went to Hempstead Valley today and there were no masks being worn, it seems odd that people will have to wear them in a couple of weeks time. It isn't going to help the economy if going out is intimidating or unsettling to people

I don't want to, that's the reason really. I haven't got coronavirus, i'm not scared of getting it, I have managed ok for the last 3 months, and I thought that we making progress to some sort of normality? I went to Hempstead Valley today and there were no masks being worn, it seems odd that people will have to wear them in a couple of weeks time. It isn't going to help the economy if going out is intimidating or unsettling to people
You say you don't have it but then say you've been to a shopping centre where there were no masks so how do you know you are clear? Do you have close relatives that you might give it to?
Your post sounds a little bit "me me me."