covid 19 goal celebration | Vital Football

covid 19 goal celebration

whiley45

Vital Newbie
I have seen many goal celebrations over the years such as rocking the baby, rowing the boat and sucking the thumb and it struck me that our players could be inventive enough to be the first team to invent a covid 19 distancing celebration. How great it would be for us to be the first to do it. As for the actual celebration I envisage something like. The scorer scores and runs to an empty part of the pitch. The others follow but the scorer signals that they must not come near him. They all gather in a 2 metre circle before the scorer punches the air and sends them off to restart the game. We all know that there is very little danger in a mass ruck following a goal but a covid 19 goal celebration would satisfy those critics of the present situation. Now all we need to do is score a goal against Gillingham on Tuesday!

If our young team reach the chapter in the coaching manual that tells them the goal is the area below the crossbar, there could be 10 opportunities for variations of the celebration on Tuesday!

Should I have asked Olive to help me type this???

If the authorities really wanted covid-regulation-breaking goal celebrations to stop, they could book the players who join in- as they would for a player taking his shirt off or jumping into the crowd.

they don't do goal celebrations like they used to. Remember Lee Sharpe doing Elvis, using the corner flag as the mic. Aylesbury town doing the ducks and Gazza and the dentist chair. it used to be a work of art.

they don't do goal celebrations like they used to. Remember Lee Sharpe doing Elvis, using the corner flag as the mic. Aylesbury town doing the ducks and Gazza and the dentist chair. it used to be a work of art.
If you saw the FA Youth Cup game at Preston last week, when Freddie Draper scored the goal he and the team went off in a fully non-compliant huddle by the corner flag. Somewhere in there the flag itself got knocked off, and young master Draper, possibly living up to his name, was seen trying to fix the flag back on again.

The young of today - teenagers tidying up their mess! What is the world coming to...

If you saw the FA Youth Cup game at Preston last week, when Freddie Draper scored the goal he and the team went off in a fully non-compliant huddle by the corner flag. Somewhere in there the flag itself got knocked off, and young master Draper, possibly living up to his name, was seen trying to fix the flag back on again.

The young of today - teenagers tidying up their mess! What is the world coming to...
I should get Jules to watch the video see if he can learn from the youngsters. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Or they could do a Vaccine type celebration...
Or just return to the centre circle and get on with the game....

However, for goal celebrations, nothing beats this...;

If the authorities really wanted covid-regulation-breaking goal celebrations to stop, they could book the players who join in- as they would for a player taking his shirt off or jumping into the crowd.

And has that stopped players taking their shirts off or jumping into the crowd? Nope. They still do it. Its pretty simple. Keep your distance or else. 3 match bans? points deductions? Pointless carding. players take no notice and some managers will only make excuses about it.

If our young team reach the chapter in the coaching manual that tells them the goal is the area below the crossbar, there could be 10 opportunities for variations of the celebration on Tuesday!

Should I have asked Olive to help me type this???

Yes.

Yesterdays premier game between Wolves and WBA highlighted just how stupid footballers / football managers and media are.

Before the game even starts the Wolves team are in a huddle. Arms across each man to the left and right in their (oh so necessary) circle. All bent in so their heads are all within 2 metres (probably within 1 metre) of each other while they shout and gee each other on.

All goals were celebrated as normal.

Then Sam Allardyce says he understands the players celebrating due to the situation they find themselves in. Err Hello Sam, What situation would that be?

Then later the media ignore all of that or make excuses for it and focus on Maddison not celebrating. Focus on one instance ignoring all the others and even in that instance several players still go to Maddison for a high 5, pat, arm around the shoulder etc anyway.

So not only the idiot players/managers/authority can't get the message through but they then (backed up by the media) make excuses for it or try to whitewash that is still happens.

So Joe Public watches that, hears that it is understandable to ignore the rules "because of the situation they find themselves in" and we know what will happen.

For the whole year I have had to deal with people that don't abide with the rules. Mostly at work where it is not "sorry it's habit." It is is "we are all going to get it, pah, pah, blah, blah." Nonchalant ignorance of my right not to have some **** in my space because they decide they know best. Anger at me for insisting on 2 metres. Anger at me for insisting shop floor workers wait outside the office for their work and not queue up within the office. Complete blanking when telling people to wear their masks properly.

It is no wonder when the most watched sport on telly, even moreso now that virtually every game is available, continually advertises to the (not so small) minority of fools that the rules can be ignored.

Wolves - before the game starts yesterday. Obviously "in the moment" they forgot. Completely understandable of course:

0_Wolves-Huddle.jpg