Coventry Leaving The Ricoh (Again) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Coventry Leaving The Ricoh (Again)

Indeed it will live long in the memory not only for a fantastic result but the fact that I didn’t get back home until 6 in the morning - up all night. One further observation of that eventful night is who the hell buys 6 bags of compost at 2 in the morning !! Someone does, as I witnessed !

My wife and I flew back from LA once, went to bed with Jet Lag at 7pm and were wide awake, showered and dressed at 4:30am the following morning. After dismissing the idea of cutting the grass (we had been away two weeks, but didn't think the neighbours would approve) we decided to go to Tesco. I couldn't believe how many people were in there at 5am doing what appeared to be full monthly shops. There were the obvious Hotel and Restaurant runs for fresh bread and pastries, but the number of elderly couples with a full shopping trolley was really quite scary. I think there is a whole twilight economy of silver surfers spending money before anyone else gets up - makes the bi-weekly 8:45 am queue of elderly people outside the Post Office waiting for it to open at 9 am so that they can claim their pension look almost rational behaviour.

The other possibly Birmingham.

Birmingham would be the most realistic option if Ricoh definitely ruled out.
It's easiest by train from Cov and straightforward by road too.

Leicester could be another possibility but they don't get on especially well.

For non league grounds, only Nuneaton could even attempt to be suitable, Tamworth I guess as well.

Haven't followed the saga closely (too confusing to be honest) but who owns the Ricoh now? What role do the City Council now have? (My ex employer btw). Who owns the Football Club?
Who owns Wasps Rugby?

How has this shameful situation come about?

It's easiest by train from Cov and straightforward by road too.

Leicester could be another possibility but they don't get on especially well.

For non league grounds, only Nuneaton could even attempt to be suitable, Tamworth I guess as well.
Solihull?

How has this shameful situation come about?

The answer to that is simple; terrible owners whose only interest in Coventry City FC was to make money. I don't know but I'd suspect they've managed to lose money whilst almost destroying the football club.
As for ground-share they might want to choose The SOL after yesterday's result though it's not exactly round the corner for them!
The Cowley's impact on Lincoln City reminds me a little of Jimmy Hill's at Coventry. He remains the first and only manager to take The Sky Blues into the top-flight. His decision to go into television at that point meant someone I believed could have been a great manager was lost to the game in such a capacity. There are a lot less headaches being a pundit of course.

The answer to that is simple; terrible owners whose only interest in Coventry City FC was to make money. I don't know but I'd suspect they've managed to lose money whilst almost destroying the football club.
As for ground-share they might want to choose The SOL after yesterday's result though it's not exactly round the corner for them!
The Cowley's impact on Lincoln City reminds me a little of Jimmy Hill's at Coventry. He remains the first and only manager to take The Sky Blues into the top-flight. His decision to go into television at that point meant someone I believed could have been a great manager was lost to the game in such a capacity. There are a lot less headaches being a pundit of course.

Correct about Jimmy Hill.
Much maligned by tv viewers, but a real pioneer in football.
Every player now should be thankful to him for the dream earnings they can achieve, as he led the Players' Union to the successful campaign to have maximum wages abolished. He transformed Coventry City from a minor lower division team into a First Division club which then held its place for over 30 years, playing in Europe on occasions and famously claiming the FA Cup when I lived there (atmosphere in the City was quite incredible at the time!).

Shocking how things have been run since then by whoever has been involved. And a dreadful way to treat the supporters there.

I can remember him playing against us for Fulham in our 2nd. division days. No. 8 Jimmy Hill No. 9 Bedford Jezzard No. 10 Johnnie Haynes but I cannot remember any of results.

I can remember him playing against us for Fulham in our 2nd. division days. No. 8 Jimmy Hill No. 9 Bedford Jezzard No. 10 Johnnie Haynes but I cannot remember any of results.

You are fortunate to have seen those days.
I hope and dream the Cowleys can deliver them once again. Would be especially good to go to Craven Cottage and win there (thinking of that 1982 decider!).