Coventry Away - cheap ticket prices? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Coventry Away - cheap ticket prices?

90-94 doing economics. one that sticks in the mind was watching them hammer liverpool 5-1 just before heading home at xmas - then a week or so later watching us draw nil nil at home v huddersfield in the cup, where it was so foggy you couldn't see over the half way line.

I remember that Huddersfield game. I took along my Liverpool supporting mate from Canterbury (one of them!) for his first ever live match. Twenty odd years later he is as much of Gills supporter as any of us.

90-94 doing economics. one that sticks in the mind was watching them hammer liverpool 5-1 just before heading home at xmas - then a week or so later watching us draw nil nil at home v huddersfield in the cup, where it was so foggy you couldn't see over the half way line.
That Huddersfield FA Cup game was 92/3 - round 3. We were 92nd at the time and they were bottom of the old division 3. 0-0 - bitterly cold and freezing fog it was amazing the game was not abandoned. Also a certain Iffy Onuora wore the number 11 shirt for Huddersfield. Needless to say we lost the replay 2-1.

Perfect first Gills game for my daughter I think. She's in for a culture shock having only ever been to Corby before, attendances there are around 350, Coventry are saying there's nearly 22,000 tickets gone for this one (including the 12,000 they've given away).

Parking wise, in the past I have parked having had a pint or two in the Longford Engine, but on the last occasion could not get in having arrived fairly late and went passed the pub approx 100 yards on the right and parked in Sydall street or road.
Once parked continue to walk a few yards to the end where you will see a bridge to your left crossing the canal then walk westwards along the towpath for ten minutes until you come to another bridge.
Cross over and you will find the Ricoh car park in sight.
It is about 15 mins from the Longford Engine and easy to get back to the M6.

Parking wise, in the past I have parked having had a pint or two in the Longford Engine, but on the last occasion could not get in having arrived fairly late and went passed the pub approx 100 yards on the right and parked in Sydall street or road.
Once parked continue to walk a few yards to the end where you will see a bridge to your left crossing the canal then walk westwards along the towpath for ten minutes until you come to another bridge.
Cross over and you will find the Ricoh car park in sight.
It is about 15 mins from the Longford Engine and easy to get back to the M6.

Cheers Whistable, helpful info.

Just read this on the Football Supporters Federation website: Coventry City’s existence is in doubt once again as they face homelessness next season and now the Government says football authorities must do more to prevent such crises. This week MP's discussed the club's plight in Parliament as their owners SISU have failed to reach an agreement with the owners of the Ricoh Arena - local MP's have been critical of how SISU have handled the dispute and running of the club. Sports minister Mims Davies said: "More and more we are being dragged into these types of disputes - this cannot become the norm."

Might be the last time to go- lets hope not.

Nope, I'd pay that (and have done for this Saturday for example) for the match. But I swore a couple of seasons ago that I wouldn't pay that over inflated car park price again.

That ground is arguably the worst to get to and particularly from by bus, train or car in terms of time.
Oxford also springs to mind as being terrible to get to.

Gills allocation at Coventry is 300 seats ! Whereas, Gills allocation for the re-arranged game at Sunderland is 1,000. Guess that may change but, seems a bit skew-whiff...

Listening on crackly radio reception as I object to signing in to listen to anything on BBC on the internet lol.