Coutts | Page 2 | Vital Football

Coutts

I felt that we were lacking in midfield. The strikers weren't the issue, they weren't getting any service as the ball wasn't flowing through defence and midfield.

Though I do feel that at times, when defending, United sit back far too deep. We clear the ball and it comes straight back at us - we need to be out of the blocks quicker or don't commit as many players into defending.

As for Duffy. I think he has lacked fitness in the past but this season does seem to majority last 90 minutes. Against Norwich I would like to see Dowell start and bring Duffy on as an impact player in second half - I feel that he could make the difference in this game coming off the bench with a fresh pair of legs.
might not be a bad idea that bm starting dowell and bringing duffy on later and wouldnt be a major suprise if chris starts madine if we can just hold em to a draw were still within touching distance of norwich

might not be a bad idea that bm starting dowell and bringing duffy on later and wouldnt be a major suprise if chris starts madine if we can just hold em to a draw were still within touching distance of norwich

I'd take a draw at Norwich SOB - not sure that Dowell has earned a starting place over the Duffmeister at the moment tho. I thought he was excellent at Swansea in the first half and put a lot more challenges in than previously - won the ball back and was creative with it. He should start IMHO - Dowell has to do more when he comes on to get higher up the pecking order.

Yes the logical substitution at the time. DB touched on this in his report. Ollie had got booked early and wasn't able to tackle second half and they were running through us like a red hot knife through butter. JOC picked up a booking as a result.

We couldn't get hold of the ball for 15 minutes as they pushed 10 yards further up the pitch so bringing Coutts on to try and do this was the obvious choice. That would have given us a chance to see if the Holy trinity in midfield could flourish for half an hour. May not have worked but surely it was a better option than to go hoof ball. Unfortunately CW had his substitution tunnel vision and went for the usual Duffy off first option. Would be good if we changed it now and again.
Yes the logical substitution at the time. DB touched on this in his report. Ollie had got booked early and wasn't able to tackle second half and they were running through us like a red hot knife through butter. JOC picked up a booking as a result.

We couldn't get hold of the ball for 15 minutes as they pushed 10 yards further up the pitch so bringing Coutts on to try and do this was the obvious choice. That would have given us a chance to see if the Holy trinity in midfield could flourish for half an hour. May not have worked but surely it was a better option than to go hoof ball. Unfortunately CW had his substitution tunnel vision and went for the usual Duffy off first option. Would be good if we changed it now and again.
Yes it is not a debate about Coutts being better than Norwood but when ones not performing it seems a no brainer to put fresh legs on. Coutts and Norwood do not fit the same as Coutts and Fleck. Wilder
I felt that we were lacking in midfield. The strikers weren't the issue, they weren't getting any service as the ball wasn't flowing through defence and midfield.

Though I do feel that at times, when defending, United sit back far too deep. We clear the ball and it comes straight back at us - we need to be out of the blocks quicker or don't commit as many players into defending.

As for Duffy. I think he has lacked fitness in the past but this season does seem to majority last 90 minutes. Against Norwich I would like to see Dowell start and bring Duffy on as an impact player in second half - I feel that he could make the difference in this game coming off the bench with a fresh pair of legs.
The problem with taking Duffy off is we take away our main creative spark. I am yet to be convinced that Dowell is a better option.
I'd take a draw at Norwich SOB - not sure that Dowell has earned a starting place over the Duffmeister at the moment tho. I thought he was excellent at Swansea in the first half and put a lot more challenges in than previously - won the ball back and was creative with it. He should start IMHO - Dowell has to do more when he comes on to get higher up the pecking order.
i agree Duffy is our main creative spark. He should start and play the full 90 minutes.

Why are ya such a negative nellie lately? Are ya really that desperate to join Basil's gang?:giggle: Go for a win at Norwich. UTCB