County | Vital Football

County

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Can we get something from this game? County doing really well and strong at home. We are on a good run but as all Pools fans know a good run is often ended with the wheels coming off. I would be thrilled with a draw.

According to Laughlin in Northern Echo our new manager, Dave Challinor, will be watching tomorrow's game.
Most teams get a lift from such occurrences, however Pools never do what most teams do!

I too would be thrilled with a draw, but won't be surprised by a resounding defeat.

2 2 draw, so I'm content with that.
A shame we couldn't of hung onto our 2 goal lead until halftime, but an acceptable result nevertheless.

I guess it shows the progress that has been made when we are disappointed not to take all three points away from home at one of the form teams. Haven't seen any video of the match but I am wondering if the old problems in defence cropped up again particularly with the first goal. Guess I'll wait for the highlights. anyway, thats 4 games unbeaten which cant be bad.

Another excellent result. I can't see the point of bringing in Challinor or anybody else for the time being at least. Stick with our "temporary" manager until or unless things go wrong.

A good point today no doubt, but once more we have seen our efforts all but go to waste. Typical of this league a good away performance has seen us drop a league place or two, sometimes playing in this league is like running through treacle, we seem to be playing to our optimum, getting results, but making little or no headway. Not a reflection of the team but the league.

What i have noticed about this team is that although we are similar to what we were under Hignett, Sweeney seems to be getting that little bit extra or adding that little bit extra, marginal gains

Under Hignett we had a decent amount of possession but we didn't know what to do with it, under Hignett we were quick on the break but when we got into vital areas we didn't know what to do.

Under Sweeney we are more positive when we break and we counter more quickly and with more conviction, we're more penetrative when we do counter. Yes we conceded two today but that was against a top seven side with the best goal difference in this league.

Sweeney's Pools might be Darrell Clarke's Bristol Rovers, who knows!!
If it's not broke, don't fix it.

:red:

It would certainly appear that the players are buying in to what Sweeney and McGuckin are doing, recent results speak for themselves.
Challinor, whose career has been based in the North West, is allegedly being linked with the vacant manager's seat at Morecambe. If Raj does offer him the position at Pools then there can't be any "dither and delay" from Challinor in accepting the job.
Sweeney has been refreshing in his approach and honesty so perhaps deserves a longer period to prove his worth.