County vs Fylde - thoughts and videos | Vital Football

County vs Fylde - thoughts and videos

My thoughts....

1. The ref was poor. Their number 4 could well have got a red for his assault on (Jackson I think) in front of Yellow block. Their number 7 (looked a good player) got booked and then committed a bad foul which should easily have warranted a second yellow. So Fylde could have been down to 10 or even 9.

2. Fylde looked to have better technical players overall - money talks of course. But they did not have the single-mindedness and bloody fighting spirit we had. This comes from the manager ;)

3. Duxburry looked dangerous in parts in the first half but not that effective in the 2nd half. As for Rowe... whatever. Did not agree with Dux being boo-ed though.

Overall we look like a team performing at, or very close, to its limits. We have played three of the bottom 4 on current form - so hitting these clubs at the right time (and Saturday it is bottom of the form table Chorley :) )

So, unlike previous seasons this is no slow start from County. We are right in the groove... but will fatigue and injuries drag us back?

Irrespective - I am really enjoying watching the lads!

-- p.s. Any truth in the rumour Stott was in attendance watching?

It was a good gate again, for a Tuesday night, and bums on seats ultimately mean money for JG to use in the future probably on Loan signings. He has shown an inclination for this type of recruitment. I listened to the Wrexham match full of apprehension as in the second half, I know I have mentioned this in an earlier post, we defended deeply and soaked up a lot of pressure. Ian's report suggests that the same happened on Tuesday (Can't listen to home games as I can't get Pure fm free like I can the BBC Local radio for away matches -too tight to buy County Player!). The defence seem to have acquitted themselves well and Jim is obviously coaching them into a solid unit and his strategy is to get a couple of goals ahead and then park the bus. If we can continue to get 5000 Saturday home gates and 3000+ midweek games we should break even. I fear the Bury/ Accrington Stanley scenario and would prefer us to look stringently after the outgoings.

The gate would have been above 4,000 save for the weather which deteriorated at about 6:30. I was quite miserable. I hear the commercial manager, Simon Dawson I think, is very well thought of and doing a great job increasing revenues. With 5000 Saturday gates and 3000 midweek gates, we should be in the black.

I cannot though, shake the feeling that our owners, some of whom were at the helm when the endless series of bad decisions were made, and who saw club debt rocket, are slowly recoupling their losses.

No hard evidence for this, just a feeling. Having said that, there are plenty of worse owners out there!

Unfortunately we cannot chose our owners nor can we persuade fans that a Football Club MUST be run on sound business practices rather than for emotional reasons even if that means that a Manager is sometimes starved of funds. Do we have any up to date Audited Accounts with a detailed P&L a/c showing where the spending is going? Are the disbursements to the Directors an inordinately high amount; have their Directors Loans balances come down? One would hope that with Jim’s Accountancy background he would be able to see what was going on. If the gates enable us to go full time with a decent sized squad then let’s do it AS LONG AS IT IS WITHIN THE BUDGET AND AFFORDABLE. I share your concerns, Cropped, about burn out but am given comfort by the knowledge that Jim has kept a nucleus of the squad from last year and they are working as a team being ‘as a team’ more than the sum of the individual parts. My pal in Northampton is concerned that Curle has signed about 15 new players and they are not playing as a coherent team. We are lucky in having the opposite.

I think the Supporters Coop - as a minor shareholder - should have access to the audited accounts. I anticipate a profit last season. Agree that spend needs to be sensible and does not put our slowly improving financial position into reverse... I just cannot shake the feeling that if we make £100 profit, then £65 goes back to paying off the directors loans... when the loans were made due to their poor decisions in the first place. Again.... not privy to any info but of that £100 profit, I would be more accepting of the owners if something like £80 went back into the club. To qualify once more though - there are much worse owners we could have ended up with! ----------- With regard to your Northampton comment.. we are indeed lucky our Conference North lads have stepped up and we maintain the cohesion and spirit of last season. :)

Latest County News