County v Chesterfield - Thoughts | Vital Football

County v Chesterfield - Thoughts

cropped

Vital Squad Member
Another Main Stand vantage point, in the shade. Great weather.... chips and sausage from the Friary on Castle Street and a 'big match' atmosphere beforehand (ordinary police, police with 'equipment', unmarked police car and horses leaving their trail of 'food for the roses' all in attendance).

Great following from Chesterfield (we will no doubt repeat the favour on Good Friday next year) and very vocal particularly in the first half.

Oh, and the new scoreboard which looks great.

Chesterfield had the better of it in the 1st half. Frank had little joy against their giants 5 and 16. I wonder if Jim swapped him for Bell after 5 mins of the second half due to that or had he picked up a knock?

That very early second-half goal came out of the blue, and from then on I felt we would go on and win it.

Bell's goal was very decent - he has no left foot though!

Turnbull was immense for the whole 90 minutes. In fact the defence was very sturdy for the whole game. Chesterfield have some big units and posed a physical threat. They looked too good to go down though their fans booing their first substitution shows all is not well (ok... look at the league table.. I know... I know).

Interesting to see 60 to 80 large Derbyshire gentleman - many middle-aged - leave after the second goal went in. I do hope they behaved themselves.

All in all, very encouraging. We will not struggle in this division if we steer clear of injuries.

Cropped.

I see that the Hartlepool gate was just over 3000 and Notts Co. just over 5000 the rest being in the 1000s bar one in the hundreds. Once again we were top of the home crowd numbers. Well done County.
All being well I hope to be at the Daggers match in October. Just remember though, the last time I ventured back home, we lost to Blythe so ........

County's support has been growing steadily ..... hundreds of free kids tickets (for schools and junior football clubs) will start to kick in. Money raised by the fans to fund this!

Daggers match... we'll be fine LGC !

Latest County News