County v Aldershot - Videos and thoughts | Vital Football

County v Aldershot - Videos and thoughts

County's goal - a belter at 5' 54"

Shots goals... both belters as well at 1'00" and 2'15" complete with irate County fan. Could Hincliffe have done better ? Sun may have played part though.

3'20" Harem-scarem defending!

What has surprised me is the big step up in quality in this league. It seems bigger than e.g L2 to L1.

I guess that is why more often than not, teams promoted to L2 from the conference do well - we are playing in an almost L2 standard division perhaps?

Happy to see us develop and new faces come in (if that is what will happen). Finish around mid-table. Fine.

We have the man for the job at the helm!

Watched Jim's interview again (after the Aldershot match). I still think he appears to be depressed. He won't "walk" will he?

Not that I have any knowledge but I think Jim is the sort to let the fanbase know if he was unduly frustrated by the owners, so that pressure could be applied to release funds.

I would hope Jim and the owners (or some of the owners.. one or two are detached from the club and do not bother I believe?) have long ago laid down the path back to the football league, in terms of wages and costs and timescales and other necessities.

So (wishful thinking?) maybe Jim held out a hope that more of the squad would be able to make the step up this season and that a rebuild would be small.

Perhaps now he sees that this a more full rebuild is required and therefore extra year on the plan back to where we belong?

Total speculation! At the moment I cannot imagine a County without Jim at the helm, so am choosing not to go down that route!

I can't imagine life without JG either. It concerned me that whilst the interviewer kept trying to find something positive to say about the performance Jim was focussed on those who were not achieving. He mentioned his fears about Frank Mulhern that had been allayed by the discovery of the calf injury but found no excuse for the performance of others.
As I am deferring to your judgement I hope you are right about the current situation.
At least, down here anyway, the weather is bright and sunny which lifts ones spirits.... and Lancs have Middlesex 4 down for next to nothing on the last day.

Latest County News