County Football/Lincolnshire Footballers | Page 2 | Vital Football

County Football/Lincolnshire Footballers

I was wondering if they still have the the schoolboy representative teams in Lincoln and Lincolnshire where a lot of players in them days (70's) were picked up by pro clubs. Does anyone have any kids, grand kids playing for Lincoln boys or Lincolnshire.
I played for Lincoln boys from Under 12 to Under 16 and I remember playing for Lincolnshire at Under 15 and Under 18 and was in the England Schoolboy Squad at Under 15 but I didnt make the final team.
In the county team at Under 15 level we had Simon Garner from Boston who went on to play 500 games and I think is still Blackburns all time leading goalscorer with nearly 200 goals and Chris Woods also from Boston was our goalkeeper who signed for Forest and is still involved in the game today.

Interesting about Chris Woods - that means we have had two goalkeepers from Lincolnshire who have played at the top level - Chris W and Ray Clemence. Any others? I think Steve Adlard was in the Imps squad but didn't play first team

I was wondering if they still have the the schoolboy representative teams in Lincoln and Lincolnshire where a lot of players in them days (70's) were picked up by pro clubs. Does anyone have any kids, grand kids playing for Lincoln boys or Lincolnshire.
I played for Lincoln boys from Under 12 to Under 16 and I remember playing for Lincolnshire at Under 15 and Under 18 and was in the England Schoolboy Squad at Under 15 but I didnt make the final team.
In the county team at Under 15 level we had Simon Garner from Boston who went on to play 500 games and I think is still Blackburns all time leading goalscorer with nearly 200 goals and Chris Woods also from Boston was our goalkeeper who signed for Forest and is still involved in the game today.
Chris Woods is the great nephew of Mr Aston Villa (according to Wikipedia).

That's surely got to be quite unique - 3 goalies playing at a the highest level of English football, and two of those for England, from the same county. Add that no team in the County was playing at that highest level!!

Was going to switch gender and add in Nicola Hobbs.
But wiki shows her as being born in Portsmouth. Must have grown up in Lincolnshire though.

And if we continue to bend the rules, Laurence Oliver represented GB in Kayak, and Chris Perry England (and maybe GB?) in the steeplechase

Marlon Beresford was born in Lincoln and played as keeper at a good level notably Burnley & Middlesbrough