councils secret list | Vital Football

councils secret list

badge73

Vital 1st Team Regular
A seven-year-old child and a pensioner aged 99 are among thousands of people deemed 'threatening' enough to have their personal details stored on secret council databases, it emerged today.

Authorities are keeping vasts files on citizens who are said to pose a potential risk to their staff.

But included on the so-called 'cautionary contacts lists' (CCL) was a man who 'pulls faces', a seven-year-old girl highlighted for 'verbal abuse', and a 91-year-old man previously demonstrating threatening behaviour.

A council even flagged children aged one, four, seven and nine on its files because 'the tenant is very abusive'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2389733/Seven-year-old-girl-pensioner-99-man-pulls-faces-make-secret-council-list-threatening-people.html#ixzz2bkcSfpGS

is it an elf and safety issue? secret state?

more importantly is it right to be put on one of those lists for getting one over the council, and what happened to human rights?
:10:

i agree skeggy, but does it justify the lists on the councils, and would it be fair for example a committee done the same thing on the actual council workers and board?

It comes after a barber in Cornwall said he was placed on his council’s CCL for using a megaphone to warn motorists of traffic wardens.

Andy Blackwell, from Liskeard, was issued with a letter from his local authority in January after his alerts were said to have been a threat to traffic wardens’ 'health and safety'.

badge73 - 12/8/2013 18:37

It comes after a barber in Cornwall said he was placed on his council’s CCL for using a megaphone to warn motorists of traffic wardens.

Andy Blackwell, from Liskeard, was issued with a letter from his local authority in January after his alerts were said to have been a threat to traffic wardens’ 'health and safety'.

That is amazing! talk about civil liberties...............

Hmmm, it's arguable though surely.

Firstly people shouldnt be parked illegally, secondly do people really want a bloke with a mega phone shouting down the street?

You've gotta look at it from all angles.

I pay a hell of a lot in council tax IMO. For that I get my wheelie bin emptied once a week, and the street lit up. MAybe the local park maintenance - other than that I dont see the value of my payments.

A bloody large percentage of it goes on other peoples needs, which I dont mind as I agree with a welfare state, but it does seem to be these people who are slagging the council of for this and that and not providing this and leaving that etc etc etc...

IMO we are bloody lucky to have the council services we do in this country, just like the NHS. The aim of the british citizen shouldnt be to 'get one over on them' but to 'work with and help them' surely?

This story was in the DAILY MAIL. Therefore, I'd take it with just a tiny pinch of snuff.

James06 - 12/8/2013 13:56

Firstly people shouldnt be parked illegally, secondly do people really want a bloke with a mega phone shouting down the street?

could always ask them after they have been fined £80, i was in pershore on friday, parked up in the local car park by asda and was chased by a loo attendant, who said "dont park your bike on the car park as they will fine you"

after chatting to the bloke i found out bikes arent allowed as pershore council deem it unfair that a bike takes up a car space.

another subject for a thread maybe, but thanked the bloke, as can imagine what would of happened if i had got a ticket etc.

If there wasnt a sign saying that, then I reckon you'd definately have a claim if they fined you.

If parking is difficult in pershore then I can understand their stance on bikes taking up a place. I've often thought that car parks should have a little parking area for bikes as it's really annoying when you think there is a space only to get closer and see a bike taking it up.

have the time we cant win to be honest, if we park it close to shops, we get moaned at, park it on pavements, same thing etc, council car parks are a knightmare as most change the rules on different areas.

in bromsgove they insist you somehow stick the ticket somewhere, pershore as above and redditch wardens have the common sense of a pea.

dont forget james, how much income some councils get from fines etc, whilst the traders go made at them for driving away custom, in effect the people just think sod it and go to the supermarkets and the independent shops dwindle away, council loses money from rates etc.

but still not agree with councils having lists as makes me feel uncomfortable, in sometimes it could be personnel between a council worker and member of the public ... the country is already like a police state, not make it any worse.

I pay a hell of a lot in council tax IMO. For that I get my wheelie bin emptied once a week, and the street lit up. MAybe the local park maintenance - other than that I dont see the value of my payments.

A bloody large percentage of it goes on other peoples needs, which I dont mind as I agree with a welfare state, but it does seem to be these people who are slagging the council of for this and that and not providing this and leaving that etc etc etc...

IMO we are bloody lucky to have the council services we do in this country, just like the NHS. The aim of the british citizen shouldnt be to 'get one over on them' but to 'work with and help them' surely?

Apparently our police and emergency services come in with our council tax too

Dont use them kefkat.

Although obviously, and as i said, I'm happy to pay for those that do, and as an insurance policy for the day I might.

I have never telephoned or been in an ambulance, fire engine or police car. touch wood!

I've had to call police and ambulance for personal assistance. Not fire brigade but have been turfed out of bed at 3 am when a hotel guest thought it funny to set off the alarms resulting in them being called.

Whatever next? Black people getting jobs, gay people getting married, something sinister about wheelie bins? Sheesh, where will it end?

Thankfully the Daily Hate Mail will keep me objectively informed of all things it deems loathsome by letting serial worriers/pedants/complainers and haters to keep writing columns next to a pointless picture of themselves.

And if I want to hear about Princess Di or weird weather I'll read go to The Express

Firstly people shouldnt be parked illegally

Illegally? I suppose that means not parking where some jumped up little Hitlers decide you can't park, in some places where it may be dangerous that is fine and common sense should come into play, but so many councils chop and change signs and arrangements without informing the locals, just because so many people get caught out and fined, this is common policy so my friend who works at the council tells me.

"Work with these people" When these people give a shit about the everyman, then I may agree.

secondly do people really want a bloke with a mega phone shouting down the street?

If he's warning me that there is a jumped up little Hitler going around screwing motorists then yes.

That's my angle.

It's those who are worse off who get shit on the most, or have you been blind to what's been going on recently with benefit cuts and those wonderful people at ATOS.

It's not just you James, the "I'm all right Jack" attitude is everywhere.

We are lucky?! We have a government and councils who are employed by us to do our bidding, some of those involved make a very good living, but remember that they are there to supply us with our needs, that is their job, and one that they fail to do on a regular basis, as stated before, some are lucky enough to float through life without being touched by the world and good luck to them, but not everyone is so blessed.

IMO they are bloody lucky we are still paying our taxes when a proportion of it is used to fund illegal wars (it is an act of treason to supply funds to terrorists) they are bloody lucky to still have jobs with the sheer ineptitude and incompetence shown by most departments.

You hold the NHS as a beacon? With how much they are getting screwed by the government? With how many people are dying needlessly? Really?

You've really got to look at it from all angles, but it also helps if you know what you are looking at.

James06 - 13/8/2013 09:01

Dont use them kefkat.

Although obviously, and as i said, I'm happy to pay for those that do, and as an insurance policy for the day I might.

I have never telephoned or been in an ambulance, fire engine or police car. touch wood!

Yes but we need them Jim. Without them there would be alot of anarchy and fires burning down our properties as they got out of hand

From my experience councillors are decent people, in it for the right reasons and they work hard and often go beyond what they are paid for and expected to do. Parish councillors are I believe volunteers? The reason council budgets, and NHS budgets more importantly, are so stretched, can't meet their requirements and people suffer as a result is 100%, without any doubt whatsoever, because some people are 'trying to get one over' on the system.
I see first hand the effects on NHS workers and from council cuts because people are on the take, and not playing their part as decent citizens. Be that clogging up the hospitals and surgeries unnecessarily, scamming benefits or too often: both.

Kefkat: I absolutely agree with you on the above comment.

may i ask how the budgets of councils have got to do with the price of bacon for the thread?

people should not have "to get one over" on the council if they werent abusing the power they have, as showed with the barber, dont forget government and councils are meant to serve the people, not the other way around.