Could The New York Stadium Become A 'Neutral Stadium'? | Vital Football

Could The New York Stadium Become A 'Neutral Stadium'?

It would be a compliment to our great stadium if it was chosen for any of the remaining premier league games but I don't understand why neutral grounds need to be used in the first place. Why can't (for example) Sheff Utd V Leicester City be played at Bramall Lane behind closed doors? As long as there are police/stewards on the gates to stop any foolish fans from getting in then everything would be o.k. and it could work fine. I would be happy for this method to be used in all remaining fixtures for all leagues, including ours, just to put an end to this season and to sort out the final positions. With "live" streaming of the games I would imagine that most fans would be quite happy with this. It's not the ideal way to end a season but with the corona virus still with us we really do need to end this season one way or the other and let's get on with our lives with the knowledge of what league we'll be playing in next season.

The only reason I can think of is that they only want to have to pay to 'deep clean' a certain number of stadiums, Nez - because I think they will all need a good scrub before and after games just in case the virus has been carried there.

Or perhaps it's something to do with not wanting teams travelling up and down the country?

I think your right with your last remark, Caz. Neutral grounds as near as poss should be used, though

Don’t know what happened there - lost the second half of my post!

...though if the teams are from opposite ends of the country where do you play??