Could Charlton Athletic coach Simon Clark fit the bill for Lincoln City? | Vital Football

Could Charlton Athletic coach Simon Clark fit the bill for Lincoln City?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"Charlton Athletic first-team coach Simon Clark has emerged as a potential contender to replace Chris Moyses as Lincoln City boss.

Boston-born Clark, 49, lives in the city and fits the bill of an up-and-coming and enthusiastic character chairman Bob Dorrian is looking for."

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Charlton-Athletic-coach-Simon-Clark-fit-Lincoln/story-29065049-detail/story.html

Is this the same Simon Clark who was with the youth set up at City and was temporarily in charge before the charismatic Chris Sutton got the job?

Impartiality - 6/4/2016 18:50

Is this the same Simon Clark who was with the youth set up at City and was temporarily in charge before the charismatic Chris Sutton got the job?

Yep.

I wanted him to get the job whenhe was caretaker , touted him when Tilson got the job and then forgot about him. Could be a good blind sider that one. But I know nowt.

Didn't he work at the college or one of the gyms after he left the club? Scott Lindsay was another coach at the club around that time wasn't he?

He was at Total Fitness as a PT. Know him quite well, talks about good game and comes out with a lot of technical stuff. Could be one to look out for and I am sure he'll apply.

Red Wimp - 6/4/2016 20:38

Nice to be described as up and coming when you're nearly 50

Haha that's true. I dont think he'll get it, but at least he has triEd to reinvent himself. Went into non league. Then youth coaching again in the league. Hasn't stood still like some managers do.

Simon Clark's non-league management record:

2005 Less than a month at Leyton FC - Isthmian League Premier Division
Sacked after a few games - as far as I can tell, the chairman wanted to take over. Leyton FC - one of the great clubs in amateur history - no longer exists.

2010-11 Stamford - Northern Premier League Div One South: 19th (Assistant: Dave Frecklington)
Resigned to join Worksop a few weeks into the 2011-12 season.

2011-12 Worksop - Northern Premier League Premier Division: 15th (Assistant: Dave Frecklington)

2012-13 Worksop - Northern Premier League Premier Division: 9th (Assistant: Dave Frecklington)
Resigned after failure to reach play-offs (finished 10 points short).

Therefore has limited management experience; has never managed above Tier 7; mediocre track record. Likely to have little knowledge of the Conference, its clubs, its tactics and its players.

Does that really sound like the man to lead us back to the League? Remember - that is what this next manager will be expected to do.

Other than he is local and will probably be cheap, I just can't imagine this one.

Agree - no track record of success at management level - can't afford anymore experiments with untried and untested managerial novices - such as Sutton