Coronavirus | Page 129 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Well cases have taken a dip.

Now, may be entirely coincidence, but, cases have been falling in Scotland for about a month.
Scottish schools broke up about a month ago. English schools have just broken up.

Any correlation i wonder?
Of course, we repeatedly got told that schools are completely untouched by covid.
Reality is though that they are one of the biggest arenas for spreading this virus (and any other going too).

Really? Was reading the opposite yesterday, about unused doses as take-up amongst the younger age groups is much lower.

Need those vaccine passports and other incentives.
Yeah not sure how significant though, totally agree about the take up in the younger age groups is very poor, first vaccine numbers are incredibly low and they're ones getting it now.
Lad I work with, only 23 off work 5 weeks with it, still suffering a bit now.

Really? Was reading the opposite yesterday, about unused doses as take-up amongst the younger age groups is much lower.

Need those vaccine passports and other incentives.

What’s the point in vaccine passports.. can’t believe people are actually for these.

Well cases have taken a dip.

Now, may be entirely coincidence, but, cases have been falling in Scotland for about a month.
Scottish schools broke up about a month ago. English schools have just broken up.

Any correlation i wonder?
Of course, we repeatedly got told that schools are completely untouched by covid.
Reality is though that they are one of the biggest arenas for spreading this virus (and any other going too).

No one seems to mention the schools when discussing the fall in Scottish cases (English commentators tend to mention Scotland's early exit from the Euros as the reason!). It must only be a couple of weeks before they go back though, so that could act as a bellweather for England.

No one seems to mention the schools when discussing the fall in Scottish cases (English commentators tend to mention Scotland's early exit from the Euros as the reason!). It must only be a couple of weeks before they go back though, so that could act as a bellweather for England.

Yep good point. Will be interesting to see effect of Scottish schools returning.

Schools are breeding grounds, other countries have done far more to sort this, all they do at my daughter's school is have the windows open all year round.

I think the point is an incentive to encourage under 30s to get a jab. But I agree that it should only be temporary.

No one should be bribed to get a vaccine.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...gdemic-disruption-to-services-and-food-supply

So, re-opening to "save the economy" has, in fact, lead to the economy grinding slowly to a halt.

The people running this country are the biggest bunch of useless fucking idiots I have ever set eyes on.

You could literally pick a cabinet from this message board and we'd do a better job.

Because of the daft OTT ping system.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...gdemic-disruption-to-services-and-food-supply

So, re-opening to "save the economy" has, in fact, lead to the economy grinding slowly to a halt.

The people running this country are the biggest bunch of useless fucking idiots I have ever set eyes on.

You could literally pick a cabinet from this message board and we'd do a better job.

I've always had an interest in politics.
And well MPs generally had to be pretty good to get selected...many years of activism in the labour movement for one side...high up business people or well educated capable people on the other side...generalising quite a bit there of course...but first and foremost dummies would never get picked let alone ever progress to senior positions in a party.

Now we actually have a goverment composed entirely of useless hopeless clueless dimwits.
Add in Trump's spell in America and you really have to wonder just where democracy is going.

No one should be bribed to get a vaccine.

Because of the daft OTT ping system.

Welcome to "exponential growth" in the community spread of a virus with high transmissibility.

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky:
"The delta variant is one of the most infectious respiratory viruses we know of and that I have seen in my 20-year career"
If she is saying that having seen measles in the wild then things are bad in that regard...