Coronavirus | Page 28 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Mr Cummings now finding out what it's like to p**s off the locals of Durham. "Revenge is a dish best served cold, and it can get very cold in space, errr Durham...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52900960

Council planners are investigating complaints that the Durham property which Dominic Cummings used during his lockdown trip doesn't have the correct planning permission.

The county council says it has received a number of complaints and is looking into them.

The Prime Minister's senior adviser stayed in what he described as a cottage on his parents' farm with his wife Mary Wakefield and four-year-old son during the start of April.

North Lodge, the Cummings family property, is on the outskirts of Durham.

The only planning applications listed on the council's website for the farm cover a pitched roof over a swimming pool in 2001, and the removal and trimming of various trees.

The City of Durham Labour MP Mary Foy, whose constituency includes North Lodge, says she has also raised questions with Durham County Council.

She says she received a number of complaints from constituents, and has asked the council whether the property Dominic Cummings stayed in had proper planning permission, and whether it was registered for council tax.

I'm just so glad we're outsourcing everything to the "more efficient" private sector. What could possibly go wrong?

Horrifying excess death figures from Spain
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e-updates-us/#link-SXB4QZMV6ZBKZDG6IJD33INXLE

MADRID — Nearly 44,000 more people have died since the beginning of 2020 than in the same period last year — an increase of 24 percent — Spain’s National Statistics Institute reported Wednesday.

The institute reported a 155 percent spike in mortality between March 30 and April 5, which coincided with the peak of the coronavirus pandemic in Spain. At least 20,575 people died that week, compared with 8,081 during the same week in 2019.

The country’s health ministry said the institute’s number is higher than the country’s official death toll of the pandemic — 28,128 people — because the ministry only includes those who died in a hospital after testing positive for covid-19. Officials said that including people who died without being tested or due to other causes offers a fuller picture of the pandemic’s toll.

No surprise, when she presided over the huge data loss at Talk Talk she admitted she didn't know if the data was encrypted and seemingly didn't know it could be.

Makes you wonder how she got the gig - a cynic like me would say its because she’s married to a Tory MP and is on the board of the Jockey Club. And who is the MP for Newmarket?

Makes you wonder how she got the gig - a cynic like me would say its because she’s married to a Tory MP and is on the board of the Jockey Club. And who is the MP for Newmarket?
Just for avoidance of any confusion The Jockey Club do not run British horse racing. They run 15 British racecourses and are involved in Racing TV. British racing has been administered by the the British Horseracing Authority since 2007. If, and how many, people are involved in both organisations is information beyond my pay grade.

Probably the first randomised double blind study for hydroxychloroquine examined by Dr John Cambell.

Short version it has no effect on preventing Covid19..

A sporting angle on this topic related to finances. I've read an article in the NLP this week reporting that The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (Wimbledon!) "has invested around £1.5m pa in pandemic insurance after taking notice of the SARS outbreak in 2003. They have shelled out roughly £25.5m over the last 17 years ...... and now they are expecting to recover in the region of"
£114m for this year's cancelled tournament .... expected to bring inc£250m in revenue if it had taken place"

Some foreward thinking !!

Our glorious test and trace system not going well..

https://www.theguardian.com/society...e-operating-fully-until-september-coronavirus

It comes as a leaked email from the chief executive of Serco – one of the main companies contracted to deliver the service – revealed how he doubted the scheme would evolve smoothly but said he wanted it to “cement the position of the private sector” in the NHS supply chain

Essentially: "F**k whether it works, we want a slice of the pie"

In a webinar for staff, Prestedge, a senior banker drafted in to help run the programme to trace infected people, said: “I am sure when Dido [Harding, chief executive of scheme] announces this service later she will make clear that it is an imperfect service at launch that we will improve over time and make it world-class by the time that we are moving towards the September or October time.”

Everything's going to be fine, we've got a f**king BANKER helping to run the programme, jesus lord and christ on a bike...

Our glorious test and trace system not going well..

https://www.theguardian.com/society...e-operating-fully-until-september-coronavirus

It comes as a leaked email from the chief executive of Serco – one of the main companies contracted to deliver the service – revealed how he doubted the scheme would evolve smoothly but said he wanted it to “cement the position of the private sector” in the NHS supply chain

Essentially: "F**k whether it works, we want a slice of the pie"

In a webinar for staff, Prestedge, a senior banker drafted in to help run the programme to trace infected people, said: “I am sure when Dido [Harding, chief executive of scheme] announces this service later she will make clear that it is an imperfect service at launch that we will improve over time and make it world-class by the time that we are moving towards the September or October time.”

Everything's going to be fine, we've got a f**king BANKER helping to run the programme, jesus lord and christ on a bike...

I'm so glad we've got the "more efficient private sector " all over this.

Remember, when you vote Tory, this is what you get.