Coronavirus | Page 81 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I'd like to add, it might also mean I get it earlier! Level 9 on the list seems like it could be a long time.
Unfortunately, there's a chance that those refusing make it longer before we can all get back to living our lives. Unless, as you say, they succumb to the disease and kill each other off.

As we now have an effective Ebola vaccine, I'm all in favour of intriducing this disease into the UK population.

Let's see how many anti-vaxxers there are with a disease that has a 90% mortality rate. 😁

I'd like to add, it might also mean I get it earlier! Level 9 on the list seems like it could be a long time.
Unfortunately, there's a chance that those refusing make it longer before we can all get back to living our lives. Unless, as you say, they succumb to the disease and kill each other off.

Of course, but that's a small price to pay for some of the stupid fuckers to kill themselves off.

Looks like the anti-vaxxer Covidiots may be in the minority and unsurprisingly spread across the political spectrum:-

Opinium has conducted a poll. It looked at 2,000 people, alongside their current voting intention, to find out their views on the vaccine.
One question was “If a vaccine was available and the government recommended that people like you took it, how likely to unlikely would you be to take the vaccine?”
Here are the responses:
Likely:
  • Conservative: 80 per cent
  • Plaid Cymru: 79 per cent
  • Liberal Democrat: 75 per cent
  • Labour: 73 per cent
  • Green: 64 per cent
  • SNP: 60 per cent
  • UKIP: 58 per cent
  • Some other party: 35 per cent
73 per cent of Remainers and 70 per cent of Leavers said “likely”.

In terms of people who replied “unlikely”, the top outcome was “some other party” at 55 per cent followed by the SNP at 32 per cent.

Opinium also asked how worried, if at all, respondents were that a vaccine won’t be safe.
Worried:

Plaid Cymru: 70 per cent
SNP: 62 per cent
Some other party: 62 per cent
UKIP: 55 per cent
Labour: 49 per cent
Liberal Democrat: 49 per cent
Conservative: 44 per cent
Green: 41 per cent

47 per cent of Remainers were worried compared to 50 per cent of Leavers.

In terms of people who replied “not worried”, the top outcome was Greens at 57 per cent, followed by Conservatives at 50 per cent.

When Opinium asked respondents how worried they were that a vaccine won’t be effective, they gave these answers:

Worried:
  • Plaid Cymru: 72 per cent
  • SNP: 72 per cent
  • Some other party: 52 per cent
  • Labour: 46 per cent
  • UKIP: 46 per cent
  • Liberal Democrat: 45 per cent
  • Conservative: 43 per cent
  • Green: 41 per cent
47 per cent of Remainers and 45 per cent of Leavers were worried.

Opinium also asked respondents how worried they were that a vaccine might have side effects:

Worried:
  • SNP: 73 per cent
  • Plaid Cymru: 70 per cent
  • UKIP: 66 per cent
  • Some other party: 65 per cent
  • Labour: 53 per cent
  • Liberal Democrat: 53 per cent
  • Green: 53 per cent
  • Conservative: 52 per cent

Think Hully is right re: the vaccination scepticism split... it's an interesting one, as we're talking about two different things.

The 'anti-vaxxer' thing is a bit more of a lunatic, very right wing thing - I think it's pretty out there though, and is probably more prominent in the States? There is definitely a Trump crossover in the US and it wouldn't surprise me if there was a further right cross over in the UK. However, it's a tiny amount of people here I think.

The 'sceptical about the vaccine/side effects/whether it's safe' is a bit more moderate/nuanced, and news I've seen suggests it actually affects a lot of young people. It's why messaging that suggests we've rushed it through (which isn't true by the sounds of it) isn't hugely helpful. Some people might not have had many vaccines in their life, don't really understand the approval process, have qs about side effects etc. They're less likely to think Bill Gates is injecting them with a microchip and tracking their movements around Wakefield, but might need a good public health/info campaign to understand and trust the vaccine is safe?

I was being a little disingenuous - there are a lot of loony lefties who are antivaxxers. I know this as there are tonnes of them where I live in Walthamstow.

I was being a little disingenuous - there are a lot of loony lefties who are antivaxxers. I know this as there are tonnes of them where I live in Walthamstow.

Plenty of anti-vaxxers of both political persuasions. The whole "Bill Gates microchip conspiracy theory" is as a result of US right-wing libertarian propaganda...

I actually saw someone on twitter say that the vaccine contained nano particles that will track where you are.
Wondered how anyone had dreamt up such garbage!!

Looks like the anti-vaxxer Covidiots may be in the minority and unsurprisingly spread across the political spectrum:-

Opinium has conducted a poll. It looked at 2,000 people, alongside their current voting intention, to find out their views on the vaccine.
One question was “If a vaccine was available and the government recommended that people like you took it, how likely to unlikely would you be to take the vaccine?”
Here are the responses:
Likely:
  • Conservative: 80 per cent
  • Plaid Cymru: 79 per cent
  • Liberal Democrat: 75 per cent
  • Labour: 73 per cent
  • Green: 64 per cent
  • SNP: 60 per cent
  • UKIP: 58 per cent
  • Some other party: 35 per cent
73 per cent of Remainers and 70 per cent of Leavers said “likely”.

In terms of people who replied “unlikely”, the top outcome was “some other party” at 55 per cent followed by the SNP at 32 per cent.

Opinium also asked how worried, if at all, respondents were that a vaccine won’t be safe.
Worried:

Plaid Cymru: 70 per cent
SNP: 62 per cent
Some other party: 62 per cent
UKIP: 55 per cent
Labour: 49 per cent
Liberal Democrat: 49 per cent
Conservative: 44 per cent
Green: 41 per cent

47 per cent of Remainers were worried compared to 50 per cent of Leavers.

In terms of people who replied “not worried”, the top outcome was Greens at 57 per cent, followed by Conservatives at 50 per cent.

When Opinium asked respondents how worried they were that a vaccine won’t be effective, they gave these answers:

Worried:
  • Plaid Cymru: 72 per cent
  • SNP: 72 per cent
  • Some other party: 52 per cent
  • Labour: 46 per cent
  • UKIP: 46 per cent
  • Liberal Democrat: 45 per cent
  • Conservative: 43 per cent
  • Green: 41 per cent
47 per cent of Remainers and 45 per cent of Leavers were worried.

Opinium also asked respondents how worried they were that a vaccine might have side effects:

Worried:
  • SNP: 73 per cent
  • Plaid Cymru: 70 per cent
  • UKIP: 66 per cent
  • Some other party: 65 per cent
  • Labour: 53 per cent
  • Liberal Democrat: 53 per cent
  • Green: 53 per cent
  • Conservative: 52 per cent

Those figures look more like who doesn't trust the Tory Government rather than who doesn't trust the vaccine, and fair enough too.

Those figures look more like who doesn't trust the Tory Government rather than who doesn't trust the vaccine, and fair enough too.

I'm not a huge fan of polls as the sample sizes are often woefully small and it's not always clear whether the people conducting them or the contributors are genuinely independent.

In this case I didn't mind so much because it was to gauge a rough idea rather than a definitive answer so not as contentious or important (to the bookies at least :grinning:).

US deaths from Covid surpass the number of servicemen killed in the entire of world war II...

That's more people died in 9 months or so than just less than 3 years of war across the globe...

US deaths from Covid surpass the number of servicemen killed in the entire of world war II...

That's more people died in 9 months or so than just less than 3 years of war across the globe...

Make America Great Again.

Anyone voting for Trump and the Republicans enabled this. Don't expect them to take responsibility.