Coronavirus | Page 80 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

As a 35-year-old non-key-worker with no underlying health conditions I don't think I'm on the list, which is not unexpected.

I see Lincoln is 5th in the national infection rate league table, out of 300 odd, so highly unlikely to come down to tier 2 any time soon.

New Mexico governor officially gives hospitals in the state permission to "ration care"

https://www.axios.com/new-mexico-ho...are-2870a519-ae95-43cd-8065-d52cd00a8251.html

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/n...cle_eb0ec0e6-332f-11eb-93e1-07c02ac4ffb9.html

Medical officials acknowledged it’s too soon to know what impact the Thanksgiving weekend and the potential for gradual reopening of certain types of business will have on hospitalizations, but they expected there will be one.
“It’s just math and science,” Mitchell said. “If you are spiking and you close down, things go down. If you go back, we would expect another spike. We could get into a really dangerous spot very, very quickly.”

1 million new cases in the US in just 5 days...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/06/health/us-coronavirus-sunday/index.html

And as the impacts of Thanksgiving travel and gatherings begin to reveal themselves, and hospitals fill to capacity, experts say it is likely only going to get worse.
"Every single day, thousands more people are getting this virus, and we know that means that in a few days, in a week, hundreds of people are going to be coming to the hospital and hundreds of people are going to die," Dr. Shirlee Xie, a hospitalist and associate director of hospital medicine for Hennepin Healthcare in Minneapolis, told CNN's Ana Cabrera, her voice breaking with emotion.

A poll says only 65% of the population willing to have the vaccination.
Personally I don’t mind if they don’t unless as they don’t mind continuing to be personally locked down

A poll says only 65% of the population willing to have the vaccination.
Personally I don’t mind if they don’t unless as they don’t mind continuing to be personally locked down

It's fine. The willing all take it and are largely immune. The anti-vaxxers can all infect each other and gradually kill themselves off.

Priviso: anyone refusing the vaccine does not receive any NHS care if they fall ill from Covid-19 or for any ongoing health complications.

I'm not paying for their stupidity.

It will probably have the added bonus of removing large amounts of right-wning nut-jobs and Brexit voters from the gene-pool.

Natural selection in action. 😁

It's fine. The willing all take it and are largely immune. The anti-vaxxers can all infect each other and gradually kill themselves off.

Priviso: anyone refusing the vaccine does not receive any NHS care if they fall ill from Covid-19 or for any ongoing health complications.

I'm not paying for their stupidity.
I'd like to add, it might also mean I get it earlier! Level 9 on the list seems like it could be a long time.
Unfortunately, there's a chance that those refusing make it longer before we can all get back to living our lives. Unless, as you say, they succumb to the disease and kill each other off.