Coronavirus | Page 78 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

US continuing to show the world what happens in a pandemic when you refuse to significantly apply the brakes to it's spread...

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-11-14-20-intl/index.html

A week after the US topped 100k infections per day their highest day is now 184k infections.
Hospitalisations show record highs for 4 days in a row and the highest daily admissions is now 68,500 in a day.
Daily deaths have topped 1300 four times in the last week.

And if Trump continues to take zero action on purpose these already dreadful figures could be dwarfed by truly apocalyptic ones by late January.

Well i hope things are coming through with these possible vaccines. Always have my suspicions with these american corporate types though

Graun:

Sweden edging incrementally towards lock-down:

"Public gatherings in Sweden are to be limited to eight people, down from a previous upper limit of 300, the prime minister said on Monday, as he blamed a fall in adherence to infection control recommendations.
“This is the new norm for the entire society,” Stefan Lofven told a news conference. “Don’t go to gyms, don’t go to libraries, don’t host dinners. Cancel.”
Sweden has drawn international attention for its unorthodox response to the pandemic, shunning lockdowns and instead relying on voluntary measures, according to Reuters.
Sweden has so far recorded 177,355 cases of coronavirus, and 6,164 deaths. The country of 10.2 million’s death rate per capita is several times higher than that of its Nordic neighbours but still well below some larger European countries such as Spain and the UK."

Not at all-it was based on the fact that we seem to be following a similar pattern to France and Spain. Cases are already falling in Spain and close to peaking in France. Death rates are a fraction of the previous peak in all 3 countries. I wouldn't call the recent rise in hospital cases "exponential", and in any event it was from a very low base

16000 hospitisations today and 600 deaths (rounding up).

Care to comment, Harry57?

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/cannabis-research-firm-ppe-coronavirus

The way the government has awarded contracts is obscene - bunch of dodgy finance chaps making money off PPE again and again, with no prior experience or specific knowledge. Latest in a catalogue of dodgy deals.

What will we, as a country, do about it at the next election? Vote them out? Or believe the latest divide-and-rule scare stories peddled by filth like the Daily Mail and the Sun and blame the ‘others’, be it foreigners, public sector workers, poor people for taking from ‘us’?

I know where my money is.

What will we, as a country, do about it at the next election? Vote them out? Or believe the latest divide-and-rule scare stories peddled by filth like the Daily Mail and the Sun and blame the ‘others’, be it foreigners, public sector workers, poor people for taking from ‘us’?

I know where my money is.

Same as mine. I won't trot out my "cap-doffers..." trope, though, I think it offended you last time. ;)