Coronavirus | Page 76 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Sorry, yes:

Die, death, destruction.

There we go.

It amuses me that they think they're being clever with their stupid three-word slogans.

All Cummings, of course, an execreable floating-turd of human detritus.

I know you know this, but they’ll keep doing it as long as people lap it up.

Feel sorry for those who are having procedures canx yet again . Ive already had one last April which was canx , and i've another one booked for January . I wont be very happy if its canx again . In fact i'll be fucking angry

Feel sorry for those who are having procedures canx yet again . Ive already had one last April which was canx , and i've another one booked for January . I wont be very happy if its canx again . In fact i'll be fucking angry

Sorry to hear that.

A government who had prepared the NHS and public health properly for a pandemic (based on the 2016 report that this government ignored and shelved) and who then reacted appropriately to it at the right time *may* have managed to keep things going in hospitals somewhat better.

A quote from our local rag by the head of our main hospital regarding the MPs' debate on lockdown last week

"I'm feeling irritated after listening to the radio and MP debate on lockdown.
Some refer to an exaggeration of the impact on the NHS and people's lives.

"Come to the University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust to get up close and personal with what the staff are dealing with every day - or simply sod off.

"Or maybe I just need a passport to that parallel universe to understand."

Well 90% success is a damn sight better than none. But not sure I'd yet feel safe with a 1 in 10 chance of getting it.
But hopefully this development (and others) can sometime soon get to the necessary 100% protection level.

Well 90% success is a damn sight better than none. But not sure I'd yet feel safe with a 1 in 10 chance of getting it.
But hopefully this development (and others) can sometime soon get to the necessary 100% protection level.

No vaccine is 100%.

Once you get herd-immunity - around 70% of people protected for coronavirus - the virus dies out over time as R0 < 1.

With a 90% effective vaccine that means about 80% of people need to take it, approximately (90 x 80 = 72%), in any given population. It's going to be long haul to get to that, but it's an important first step.

Last edited:
90% is really good for a vaccine I believe. You can get good immunity as long as enough people take up the offer.

It's not clear who it would be targeted at yet because they haven't released results per age group, but if it is over 65s (which seems to be the desirable policy aim) I would expect decent take up. It's younger and middle aged groups who tend to be sceptics.

90% is really good for a vaccine I believe. You can get good immunity as long as enough people take up the offer.

It's not clear who it would be targeted at yet because they haven't released results per age group, but if it is over 65s (which seems to be the desirable policy aim) I would expect decent take up. It's younger and middle aged groups who tend to be sceptics.

I guess keyworkers first, then work down the age groups and vulnerable lists.

I think getting uptake in the USA could be tough in some parts of the country but, over here, less of an issue.

I think getting uptake in the USA could be tough in some parts of the country but, over here, less of an issue.

If you want to reduce people dying you go for the at risk/elderly. If you want to stop transmission it's the 18-40 year olds need to be targeted. I think the preferred approach, especially if there are limited vaccines to go round, is the former. What the vaccine actually does may also be a factor (inoculation or alleviation of symptoms).

Unfortunately there is growing scepticisim in the18-40 age groups, even here, so some proper engagement with that and good PR will be essential in the coming months.

Now there’s an interesting thought - what happens when these anti-vaxxers/5G/QANON conspiracy theorists refuse to take the vaccine? And how prevalent are these people (outside of Facebook and Twitter)?

*Sorry, this sounds overly negative - great early news on the vaccine. Maybe the scientists are Lincoln fans and are dying to see this superb team in the flesh?!

Looking ahead to a possible better time, providing this (or any other emerging vaccines) can work and can be jabbed into all of us over coming months, then, looking at football in particular, perhaps admission to games should be conditional of having a "you've been jabbed" certificate?
And with "only" a 90% vaccine success rate, perhaps most vulnerable should still stay away until virus has pretty much left the general population. (I wouldn't want say 500 vulnerable fans at a game and 10% get it and are then put in peril).

Now there’s an interesting thought - what happens when these anti-vaxxers/5G/QANON conspiracy theorists refuse to take the vaccine? And how prevalent are these people (outside of Facebook and Twitter)?

*Sorry, this sounds overly negative - great early news on the vaccine. Maybe the scientists are Lincoln fans and are dying to see this superb team in the flesh?!

Well here is the face of the enemy...

And as for take up, well at school, you simply get lined up and all jabbed.
So do similar with this. Everyone has to have it. Go to all workplaces or colleges or schools, streets or wherever.

In America, almost everyone refusing the vaccine will have a gun.