Coronavirus | Page 30 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

How do you think we maintained being the 5th - 7th biggest economy in the world for so long? Do you suppose it might have had something to do with being part of the largest trading bloc in the world, aka the EU?

You're going to be choking on that humble pie when your bizarre, completely evidence-free Brexit fanntasies meet reality.
My optimism for Brexit and reasons for supporting it are recorded at length on one of the earlier threads on this site which I have referenced to you previously so I won't drag the full essay back up on here. I understand that since the industrial revolution we have been one of the world's largest economies. In the last 40 years whilst in The EU I believe we have slipped a place or two. You believe we will slip more outside the EU, I believe that after a period of initial pain we will prosper more than when we were in it.
Briefly I believe that The UK will be able to make faster moving decisions, specifically suited to the needs of The UK economy unhindered by the competing 27 different factions within the EU and their differences be it economically, currency based or political. I've kept it a simple as I can, I can't be bothered to dig out the different economy stats tables that I've read as to be candid I usually find them to be skewed by whether the authors/think tanks/economists are pro Brexit or pro EU; so who do I believe. My views are admittedly therefore somewhat based on instinct and observation rather than economists or politicians views as like I say they often have an agenda either way and I do like to make up my OWN mind. I may be wrong (or right) ultimately but my opinion is based on my own intuition and positive reasons and so as far as I am concerned my single democratic vote is as valid as the next person whomever they may be. Last time I checked IQ, experience and knowledge were not a pre cursor to a democratic vote or speaking freely on an issue. I'm sure you of all people Notty wouldn't want to stifle free speech or restrict voting rights based upon any factors whether it be intelligence, religion, gender, ethnicity or anything else. If people disagree with what I say, or believe it is invalid through ignorance or inexperience they are free to debate, put forward a counter argument and reject what I say AND make up their own mind.

My optimism for Brexit and reasons for supporting it are recorded at length on one of the earlier threads on this site which I have referenced to you previously so I won't drag the full essay back up on here. I understand that since the industrial revolution we have been one of the world's largest economies. In the last 40 years whilst in The EU I believe we have slipped a place or two. You believe we will slip more outside the EU, I believe that after a period of initial pain we will prosper more than when we were in it.
Briefly I believe that The UK will be able to make faster moving decisions, specifically suited to the needs of The UK economy unhindered by the competing 27 different factions within the EU and their differences be it economically, currency based or political. I've kept it a simple as I can, I can't be bothered to dig out the different economy stats tables that I've read as to be candid I usually find them to be skewed by whether the authors/think tanks/economists are pro Brexit or pro EU; so who do I believe. My views are admittedly therefore somewhat based on instinct and observation rather than economists or politicians views as like I say they often have an agenda either way and I do like to make up my OWN mind. I may be wrong (or right) ultimately but my opinion is based on my own intuition and positive reasons and so as far as I am concerned my single democratic vote is as valid as the next person whomever they may be. Last time I checked IQ, experience and knowledge were not a pre cursor to a democratic vote or speaking freely on an issue. I'm sure you of all people Notty wouldn't want to stifle free speech or restrict voting rights based upon any factors whether it be intelligence, religion, gender, ethnicity or anything else. If people disagree with what I say, or believe it is invalid through ignorance or inexperience they are free to debate, put forward a counter argument and reject what I say AND make up their own mind.

Christ, at least learn to fucking paragraph your text.

It's my inferior knowledge and intelligence. Sorry I should have suggested you take a deep breath before you read it.

Well, if the cap fits...

I don't give a shit about your "intuition" and how you think that validates your opinion on Brexit.

What matters is the fearsomely hard pragmatism of international politics.

You think the US gives a shit about your ideas of national independence? They can't wait to fucking US over to benefit their industry.

You think China gives a shit about our industry? They can't wait to fucking US over.

Once, we had the protection of the collective power of the EU. No longer.

Before you spout your bullshit, spend some time researching and understanding international politics and economics.

Well, if the cap fits...

I don't give a shit about your "intuition" and how you think that validates your opinion on Brexit.

What matters is the fearsomely hard pragmatism of international politics.

You think the US gives a shit about your ideas of national independence? They can't wait to fucking US over to benefit their industry.

You think China gives a shit about our industry? They can't wait to fucking US over.

Once, we had the protection of the collective power of the EU. No longer.

Before you spout your bullshit, spend some time researching and understanding international politics and economics.
That's your opinion and that's fine. I'll speak freely on what I want to and research what I choose to. Last time I checked I had the same (piss poor) A level educational qualification as Corbyn.
You'll therefore be relieved to know that my master plan to subvert the world is restricted to the message board of a provincial L1 football club rather than trying to get elected as PM and spend a lifetime trying to tell the whole country what they must should think. I know my place ;)

That's your opinion and that's fine. I'll speak freely on what I want to and research what I choose to. Last time I checked I had the same (piss poor) A level educational qualification as Corbyn.
You'll therefore be relieved to know that my master plan to subvert the world is restricted to the message board of a provincial L1 football club rather than trying to get elected as PM and spend a lifetime trying to tell the whole country what they must should think. I know my place ;)

What a sad lack of ambition. The one thing that really pisses me off is to see sensible folk sell themselves short.

Here's a hint. Research working-class self education. It's incredible what disenfranchised people can do for themselves with a bit of grit and determination.

I've been lucky. A stable white-collar working class family. Free higher-education andaa decent career.

Ultimately what matters is not what you do for yourself, but what you do for others. And I already think that you doaanan hell of a lot for others through your job.

So, extend that politically.

Meanwhile, Sweden is being snubbed again by its neighbours. Finland said on Thursday it was lifting cross-border restrictions with all Nordic and Baltic countries, but Sweden's high infection rate means it's still excluded. Now Norway is set to maintain restrictions on Sweden too, public broadcaster NRK reports. Anyone visiting Sweden will be required to go into quarantine for 10 days when they return. Sweden didn't impose a formal lockdown and announced a record 1,474 new cases on Thursday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53018111

The various vaccines mentioned have (in many cases) quite different processes for production and purification, adding to the complexity. And don’t forget distribution – the next few months will see (had damn well better see) a lot of preparation for what will be a gigantic worldwide rollout, done on a time scale that’s never been tried before.

I'm sure our government has all the planning for this huge logistical exercise well in hand and won't be leaving it until the last minute to think about how to do this best at all...

The various vaccines mentioned have (in many cases) quite different processes for production and purification, adding to the complexity. And don’t forget distribution – the next few months will see (had damn well better see) a lot of preparation for what will be a gigantic worldwide rollout, done on a time scale that’s never been tried before.

I'm sure our government has all the planning for this huge logistical exercise well in hand and won't be leaving it until the last minute to think about how to do this best at all...

I can see it now "Chris Whitty not taking blame for 60 million vaccines lost in transit to Uk,despite signing for their arrival."

"Army and sniffer dogs working around the clock in large scale effort to find missing pallet"

"Iceland warehouse worker becomes the new modern day Pickles and unearths missing pallet found in yard waiting to be despatched to landfill"....

Boris agrees to grant OBE to warehouse hero in new years honours list and said individual seconded onto SAGE immediately.

Last edited:
Beijing suffers another outbreak

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53033071

An outbreak of coronavirus emanating from a large wholesale market in Beijing has led to fears of a second waves of sickness in the Chinese capital.

More than 10,000 staff at the Xinfadi wholesale market are now being tested.

The huge market, which supplies 80% of Beijing’s vegetables and meat, has been linked to a new cluster of cases in the city after dozens of people who work there tested positive.

According to officials, traces of the coronavirus have been found on a chopping block used for imported salmon.

Footage on social media appears to show hundreds of military police marching into Xinfadi Market.

Some neighbourhoods have again been sealed off to all but residents. Transport services and schools close to the market have been closed, as have some of Beijing’s most prominent public spaces, including the National Centre for the Performing Arts and the Lama Temple

Musings? This is yet another example of the type of atrocious journalism The Guardian has been responsible for throughout the Covid crisis.

To be fair, they're quite clever about it... they lead you into thinking you're going to read a balanced article with a sensible debate on both sides of the argument... they then however debunk every scientific view against a 'second wave' and spout off lies about other coronaviruses. The biggest whopper is "But coronaviruses have proven a remarkably stable type of virus." Er.. no actually. SARS and MERS basically disappeared after a very short period of time and had no second wave attached to them.

This is yet again more fear-mongering, falsehoods from a media source that in my view should be shut down once the dust settles on the crisis that's been forced on the United Kingdom. They have done a truly disgraceful job on reporting statistics and on challenging the government narrative... and whilst that accusation could be levelled at just about every mainstream outlet, I have personally found The Guardian - and also the BBC - to be particularly bad.

Indeed, watching the first 5 minutes of yesterday's UK Column bulletin bears that out completely... and I would encourage anyone with even a passing interest in the current crisis to watch that. There you will see the type of statistical analysis (and they are quite incredible statistics to see) that no mainstream outlet is reporting. I'll leave you people to muse over the reasons why.

Time to wake up - and fast.