Coronavirus | Page 103 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

And it already has, just the following day...

The grim reality of the maths is inescapable:
Cases go up
~2 weeks later hospitalisations go up
~2 weeks later deaths go up

4 weeks ago was the 23rd December, the maths isn't hard is it, which also means we might not be at the peak of daily deaths yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55738174

Still I'm sure they are all old people who have outlived their usefulness and are just a burden on both the government pension contribution and the ordinary taxpayer, it's a kind of relief in a way for them isn't it?

The deaths at the moment are the ones 'baked in' (as the trendy phrase has it) at Christmas.

I don't expect 'peak deaths' for another two weeks or so. However, I am optimistic daily hospitalisations will be falling by then. That doesn't necessarily mean the NHS is out of the woods, as the cumulative impact of so many people in hospital will be felt for many months, with many patients taking several weeks or even months to be discharged.

Interestingly I heard today they carried out tests at a site my company are working at. Amazingly 75 people tested positive despite no one displaying symptoms. Just shows how can be spread unknowingly

Interestingly I heard today they carried out tests at a site my company are working at. Amazingly 75 people tested positive despite no one displaying symptoms. Just shows how can be spread unknowingly

Exactly. The asymptomatic period is, on average, 5 days. You can spread an awful lot of virus in a workplace in 5 days and never know it.

Good point, well-made. All the more reason to observe social distancing and wear masks, of course.

And y'know do some actual testing in an appropriate timescale at an appropriate level... I know I'm banging a drum on and on about this on this thread but really it was the only way to control this virus before the advent of the vaccine, and we failed utterly and totally to implement the one thing we needed to do, and now many, many more people are dying, hospitals are full of staff utterly exhausted and at the end of their tether with numerous reports of them suffering symptoms of PTSD and we haven't even reached the worst of it yet...

This government is culpable for many of those deaths and has the temerity to rely on the professionalism and dedication to duty of a group of people they have done nothing but express contempt for when rewarding them with increased salaries and they must be held to account when this is all over...

And y'know do some actual testing in an appropriate timescale at an appropriate level... I know I'm banging a drum on and on about this on this thread but really it was the only way to control this virus before the advent of the vaccine, and we failed utterly and totally to implement the one thing we needed to do, and now many, many more people are dying, hospitals are full of staff utterly exhausted and at the end of their tether with numerous reports of them suffering symptoms of PTSD and we haven't even reached the worst of it yet...

This government is culpable for many of those deaths and has the temerity to rely on the professionalism and dedication to duty of a group of people they have done nothing but express contempt for when rewarding them with increased salaries and they must be held to account when this is all over...

But at least Boris saved Xmas. Granny enjoyed her last one, I hear.

Good point, well-made. All the more reason to observe social distancing and wear masks, of course.

And we have Secretary of State for unwell clowns, Mr Hancock, announcing at start of week that he's isolating again, but back Sunday. Hardly waiting the requisite days is he? And even they are not long enough.
So he'll be back spreading virus like he did last time.

Bloody annoying for us in the north east!
Couldn't agree more. Surely the thing to do is ask those up there to advise the rest on how to do the roll-out in an effective manner. Not in the UK it isn't, let's slow down the efficient northerners!
Still, I suppose it's just like the levelling up of the northern powerhouse.