Coronavirus | Vital Football

Coronavirus

It is worrying. As I said on the other thread, the Who have already postponed their UK tour and I fully expect big sporting and other big public events will be either cancelled or played behind closed doors in the next week, not least to relieve the pressure on emergency services. As well as the USA and Italy, the Czech republic have just announced travel bans from other countries. The mens tennis tour has been suspended as has thd NBA in the US. I know for a fact that there are emergency contingency plans in place for public services and they are likely to kick in a big way during the next week / 10 days. The budget announcements yesterday were a forerunner to that

Last edited:
Boris Johnson’s response to this virus thus far has been shocking in my view.

Makes me wonder if this was all planned to wipe a few folk out in China to reduce numbers than spread it globally...

Apparently there is some book or extract going about from 1981 which predicted this would happen in 2020, weird.

Last edited:
How many people are dying with coronavirus rather than of it ?

If people with underlying health conditions that die with coronavirus are excluded from the stats, are we left with a more even spread of fatalities across the age ranges ?

The BBC reported that 8 strains of Corvid 19 have been identified. We need more information on this. Are some strains more virulent? Do mild strains confer immunity against nastier strains?

Does any else think that Boris Johnson is looking progressively less well?

How long will it be before Matt Hancock becomes the sacrificial lamb for government failings ?

Last edited:
How many people are dying with coronavirus rather than of it ?

If people with underlying health conditions that die with coronavirus are excluded from the stats, are we left with a more even spread of fatalities across the age ranges ?

The BBC reported that 8 strains of Corvid 19 have been identified. We need more information on this. Are some strains more virulent? Do mild strains confer immunity against nastier strains?

Does any else think that Boris Johnson is looking progressively less well?

How long will it be before Matt Hancock becomes the sacrificial lamb for government failings ?
Boris looks. Unwell hope he soon gets well.

Here's a conspiracy theory for you. Do you think the PM (BJ), secretary for state for health and social care (hand cock) and CMO Chris Witty might have been given the weakest form of the virus so they will recover fairly quickly?

Here's a conspiracy theory for you. Do you think the PM (BJ), secretary for state for health and social care (hand cock) and CMO Chris Witty might have been given the weakest form of the virus so they will recover fairly quickly?
Keeps the fear factor down.

The more heavy-handed this lockdown becomes the more suspicious it is looking.
American jobless claim now at 10 million within 2 weeks of them taking action. The first week it jumped from 1.x to 3m then 6m now 10m. And the drip down economic issues have hardly even got started. With so many part-time or leisure related employment in Blackpool wonder what level of unemployment there is going to be within 4 - 6 week?

The global economy is going to be wrecked for the majority of 2020 and maybe far beyond. The fallout and social problems from that may end up being far worse than the likely mortality rates from what is CURRENTLY looking similar to a normal flu season.

The only thing we can do is keep our selves to ourselves for the next few months.Better to have no job than no life..

The only thing we can do is keep our selves to ourselves for the next few months.Better to have no job than no life..
Or we could have taken up cudgels and pitchforks to march on London and overthrow the government. Sadly the social distancing rules have scotched these plans.😸

Last time the pheasants revolted they got massacred....

They have a short life those tasty birds.

Don't underestimate how devastating mass unemployment could be!!!

Crime lords and martial law, don't think anyone would want to live in a fully fledged police state

Some very silly and dangerous conspiracy stories and fake news (often retweeted by thick celebrities) out there. This includes the one about the signals from 5G masts has caused the virus by altering people's DNA and reducing oxygen levels in the air. Two masts have already set on fire because of this nonsense. The fact that most of the UK does not have 5G coverage seems to escaped the idiots attention.

I dismiss most of the conspiracy theories including those that suggest this virus was deliberately introduced to control the masses through fear BUT I have no doubt that right wing authoritarian forces will take advantage of the pandemic. Hungary is a prime example.

The whole thing is designed to get Trump out of office in November...

"We've got testing kits and they're beautiful testing kits"