Coronavirus | Page 757 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

75% of patients under 50 who are hospitalized are unvaccinated a report shows;

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/three-quarters-covid-patients-under-194446142.html

And we still have anti-vaxxers protesting..... thankfully they'll eventually be wiped out.

200w.gif

200w.gif

The Government has drawn up plans for an October “firebreak” Covid lockdown should hospitalisations continue at their current level and threaten to overload the NHS, a senior Government scientist has told i.

The member of the Government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) said the UK is about to enter “an extended peak” of infections and hospitalisations, which are in danger of pushing the NHS beyond breaking point and could force the Government to re-introduce restrictions over the school half term period at the end of next month.

https://inews.co.uk/news/covid-lock...reak-restrictions-hospital-admissions-1185533

Says not a full lockdown, just some measures.

I don't get it. 80% of people are double jabbed.
So if we get to a place where we see the same deaths, hospitalisations etc are the same as last year then are we saying the vaccine is of no use? I don't know. I have no clue but surely that would be the census?

I see New Zealand are just lifting their lockdown (bar Auckland) now they are down to 20 cases per day.

Seems a stark contrast to our policy .

So if we get to a place where we see the same deaths, hospitalisations etc are the same as last year then are we saying the vaccine is of no use? I don't know. I have no clue but surely that would be the census?

I would assume the majority of deaths are the unvaccinated. Those vaccinated and dying are obviously just very unfortunate.

There is a lot of debate as to how long the protection lasts, or how high the protection lasts (ie starts at 90% or above) and different companies jabs have different %

you still have to keep safe, dont forget this is a learning curb, and its much to early to drop your guard, we could be living with covid as a normality, i really do think its up to us now ,i will carry on doing the right things as long as it takes, my partying days are long gone,,,seanie

Yes mate but we are not locked down now but there are still 20% of the population plus the under 18s running around unvaccinated. Hopefully, it's killing mainly anti-vaxxers and anti lockdowners

Or you're saying its a more virulent and deadly strain than alpha, which it is.

There is a statistical model out there somewhere which shows you the sort of impact every incremental increase in a vaccinated person brings you toward lower hospitalizations and deaths. Getting up to 85% would be enormous, you knock like 20% of both numbers and obviously even more again if you can get to 90% fully vaxxed.