Coronavirus | Page 741 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

There is some cause for optimism in the numbers. A few les admitted to hospital, a reduction on ventilators, deaths slightly down. The worry is we were testing over a million a day and thats dropped by more than 25% so I dont think the recorded cases are anywhere near accurate.

There is some cause for optimism in the numbers. A few les admitted to hospital, a reduction on ventilators, deaths slightly down. The worry is we were testing over a million a day and thats dropped by more than 25% so I dont think the recorded cases are anywhere near accurate.

The silver lining there is less testing wouldn't affect hospital numbers.

we are in summer as well , more people outdoors = lower disease levels in those catching it. Autumn / Winter will be a test

One in five people being admitted to hospital in England with Covid is aged between 18 and 34, the new chief executive of NHS England has said.
In her first major interview, Amanda Pritchard told the BBC that about 1,000 young adults were currently "really unwell" in hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58095503

Read a report earlier about a 42 year old, fit as a fiddle, so didn't think he needed the jabs, has passed away. So frustrating and sad.

One in five people being admitted to hospital in England with Covid is aged between 18 and 34, the new chief executive of NHS England has said.
In her first major interview, Amanda Pritchard told the BBC that about 1,000 young adults were currently "really unwell" in hospital.

Read a report earlier about a 42 year old, fit as a fiddle, so didn't think he needed the jabs, has passed away. So frustrating and sad.

I don't wish death or long term damage on anyone but these anti-vaxxers, if anyone has to die or get seriously ill let it be them. They are whole reason things aren't getting back to normal

I don't wish death or long term damage on anyone but these anti-vaxxers, if anyone has to die or get seriously ill let it be them. They are whole reason things aren't getting back to normal

Yeah, some are idiots, some I think are just over thinking how fit they are and it is such a shame, throwing away a good life for no good reason.

The vast majority of anti-vaxxers won’t die from it, some might catch it and not feel a thing whilst some might miraculously avoid it.

The worst thing is, they’ll take victory from that, despite everyone else contributing to the herd immunity required from vaccination to get back to normal.

I do wish they’d get very ill, perhaps die only for a few extreme examples such as Piers corbyn - as I don’t have that moral compass that stops me from wishing that on a very few select people.

Last edited:
From BBC
Venue check-ins via NHS app falling since end of June
In keeping with the fall in pings, the number of people using the app to check in to venues has also gone down since a peak in June.
In the week ending 28 July, 2,316,965 check-ins were registered at venues across England.
For comparison, in the previous week, 6,643,024 check-ins were registered.

The vast majority of anti-vaxxers won’t die from it, some might catch it and not feel a thing whilst some might miraculously avoid it.

The worst thing is, they’ll take victory from that, despite everyone else contributing to the herd immunity required from vaccination to get back to normal.

I do wish they’d get very ill, perhaps die only for a few extreme examples such as Piers corbyn - as I don’t have that moral compass that stops me from wishing that on a very few select people.

They've done so much damage, then you have the likes of Trump both claiming victory was his for getting the vaccine developed so fast and simultaneously sowing doubt about its efficacy. The democrats have to shoulder heavy blame too for saying they wouldn't take a Trump vaccine / doing their own side tests outside of the FDA.

We're bombarded with news stories about this and that which also makes even a vaccinated person like me question if I'll be one of the ones in hospital with a bad dose of COVID.

For me it's not sad, this sort of thing is what the Darwin awards were invented for.

I think I saw the same article about the 42 year old man.

The comments from anti-vaxxers will mock that the media have managed to find one casualty, and point to an anomaly. These people want to argue their right even when they’re factually wrong, and have no remorse for the misinformation which then could lead to the death of another.

I’m with Pangloss, this is survival of the fittest and with the families consent, these examples should be made high profile.

I think I saw the same article about the 42 year old man.

The comments from anti-vaxxers will mock that the media have managed to find one casualty, and point to an anomaly. These people want to argue their right even when they’re factually wrong, and have no remorse for the misinformation which then could lead to the death of another.

I’m with Pangloss, this is survival of the fittest and with the families consent, these examples should be made high profile.
The world is overpopulated, wiping out the genuine idiots is a good start.

Yeah, I know, I know, but when I read it, he was a father of two, leaves a twin sister behind, and all because he thought himself above the virus and too fit to be bothered by it.

Fine, the chances are fitter people are just going to get a virus they can shake off, but why the fuck take that chance? He's paid with his life.

He didn't appear to be one of the conspiracy nutters about it. Quite why that vile Piers Corbyn and that witch of a women spouting her bile can't be 'sorted' by it is beyond me though!

Yeah, I know, I know, but when I read it, he was a father of two, leaves a twin sister behind, and all because he thought himself above the virus and too fit to be bothered by it.

Fine, the chances are fitter people are just going to get a virus they can shake off, but why the fuck take that chance? He's paid with his life.

He didn't appear to be one of the conspiracy nutters about it. Quite why that vile Piers Corbyn and that witch of a women spouting her bile can't be 'sorted' by it is beyond me though!

I feel sorry for the children absolutely I think it’s a horrible situation for them. I don’t feel sorry for this man in isolation, I feel sorry for those who have died who didn’t have the luxury of a vaccine and especially those who were forced to drive busses or trains and caught covid and died that way, whilst on public duty.

Was this posted? Most likely wouldn't work in our culture but its a big big step in a place like Japan.

https://gizmodo.com/japan-is-naming-and-shaming-citizens-who-dont-comply-wi-1847413438

Japan Is Naming and Shaming Citizens Who Don't Comply With Covid-19 Protocols

As any public official will tell you, it can be tricky to get citizens to comply with certain public health mandates—like wearing masks, social distancing, or getting a damn vaccine. So some health authorities have started taking a different tactic—publicly naming and shaming the folks that refuse to comply, in the hopes that guilt will get them to do the right thing.