Coronavirus | Page 718 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

That's a test failure, nowt to do with the virus mate. In 12 months tests will be far more reliable given all the extra info we now have.

Viruses at core aren't intelligent, they follow set and known patterns, it's a human failure in identifying those patterns when they turn ultimately.

Look at the swanky Gov testing centre not following their own procedures for example.
regardless of the testing accuracy, you can be positive but test negative. Its why the virus is cute

Enjoy your day at the Grand Prix on Sunday, with 170,000 others, by the way.

You need a neg lateral flow proof or double vaccine card to get it in. That and a more sensible sporting audience and a proper run event makes it safer. Unlike the debacle from all aspects at Wemberley. No covid checks , no security checking proof . Debacle .

regardless of the testing accuracy, you can be positive but test negative. Its why the virus is cute

It's no different from anything else mate....that's incubation before there's enough 'to recognise' in your test, the failures here are testing accuracy and I imagine in the next 12 months (given this is here to stay) we'll see tests that tap in to more sensitive levels and spot it far quicker than the current ones do but for a period they'll then have their own false/positive issues until science takes the next step.

I'll agree all viruses are cute, but not clever or intelligent.

You need a neg lateral flow proof or double vaccine card to get it in.
Ah, the notoriously accurate lateral flow tests.... and a vaccine that doesn't stop you from becoming infected and therefore able to pass it on.

Mate, I am all for re-opening as soon as possible, ending the restrictions and "getting back to normal" but I'm not sure allowing a full house at the GP is perhaps the best way to achieve this.

It's no different from anything else mate....that's incubation before there's enough 'to recognise' in your test, the failures here are testing accuracy and I imagine in the next 12 months (given this is here to stay) we'll see tests that tap in to more sensitive levels and spot it far quicker than the current ones do but for a period they'll then have their own false/positive issues until science takes the next step.

I'll agree all viruses are cute, but not clever or intelligent.
viruses are clever though, its why they mutate etc. intelligent was the wrong word from me, but they represent mother nature in her full glory albeit a negative one in this regard.

Ah, the notoriously accurate lateral flow tests.... and a vaccine that doesn't stop you from becoming infected and therefore able to pass it on.

Mate, I am all for re-opening as soon as possible, ending the restrictions and "getting back to normal" but I'm not sure allowing a full house at the GP is perhaps the best way to achieve this.
Super Sunday ! its another super spreader event

thats why i'm nervous as i already said, we are in corporate so maybe not so much mingling but still worries me, only going to support a friend who is borderline suicidal after a torrid year and his only passion is F1
Fair play to you for that Silhill.

But the fact remains you're still going to a high traffic environment, despite your consistent misgivings on here about Covid, the government's handling and the behaviour of the public at large.

viruses are clever though, its why they mutate etc. intelligent was the wrong word from me, but they represent mother nature in her full glory albeit a negative one in this regard.

It's why I'd accept cute, but these days we have the tech to know where they are going but we need to be better at spotting when they 'go' and a mutate. And on that level we've fucked up yet again even if the UK has spotted variants quicker than most others.

It's why I'd accept cute, but these days we have the tech to know where they are going but we need to be better at spotting when they 'go' and a mutate. And on that level we've fucked up yet again even if the UK has spotted variants quicker than most others.
we are not following the scientists advice. Whatever we debate here on a football forum whilst lovely chat we need to listen to the experts unlike Boris and his puppets .

we are not following the scientists advice. Whatever we debate here on a football forum whilst lovely chat we need to listen to the experts unlike Boris and his puppets .

On that I'm with you 100%, but equally experts are ultra cautious (often disagree with their own bias) and their focus isn't necessarily the balance we should now be looking for when it comes to the economy and other NHS issues like cancer et al.

I don't agree with no masks and all that, but we have to open up. I see SAGE being on board with opening up BUT not the no masks or social distancing elements.

Oh yeah, don’t disagree with the fact that it’s maybe unwise and too much too soon and was just pointing out what the rules of entry are. It is a supposed test event I think .

But I will still maintain that having been, and actually it’s pretty obvious anyway, that the crowd and way the crowd behaves at an F1 GP is different to that of a pissed up football crowd which numbers aside means that behaviour and adherence to rules and guidelines will be better and should lessen the risk .

Re vaccine effectiveness. The last time the UK reported 51k cases was 7th Jan. The number in hospital that day? 32,583.

The number in hospital today is 3,964.

Deaths follow a similar pattern. 994 on 7th Jan. 49 today.

Says all you need to know really.

EDIT: Coincidentally 3,964 is 12% of 32,583. There's your just under 90% effectiveness the trials hinted at!

From the Gov.uk advice section on vaccines and this is what I meant earlier when I said the vaccine lessens the effects . Maybe not exactly the correct choice of phrase but I knew what I meant !.lol.

Will the vaccine protect you?
The COVID-19 vaccine that you have had has been shown to reduce the chance of you suffering from COVID-19 disease. Each vaccine has been tested in more than 20,000 people and many have also been used in many different countries.
It may take a few weeks for your body to build up some protection from the vaccine. Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection. Some people may still get COVID-19 despite having a vaccination, but this should be less severe.

Also reading up on covid being eradicated . It can’t be because it can be transmitted through animals. And last time I looked melon pooch hadnt been called in for her Astra Zeneca . And the animal thing is why small pox was eradicated through vaccines because animals cannot get small pox .

Last edited:
US in trouble again. In the last 7 days cases have doubled in almost every state. LA County have reintroduced compulsory mask wearing, hospitals struggling again.

Yeah, despite vaccines being available in every pharmacy, they have only got to around 60% fully vaccinated. Of course, red states are have much lower rates than blue states.

What odds can we get on a Boris U-turn and him actually bringing some legal restrictions even if just masks and social distancing later this year? And obviously targeting club football fans taking us back down to 25% capacity.

I’d say it must be 50:50.

Yeah, despite vaccines being available in every pharmacy, they have only got to around 60% fully vaccinated. Of course, red states are have much lower rates than blue states.
I was watching CNN last night less than 50% are fully vaccinated. There is so much vaccine hesitancy and mis information they are really struggling. One state I think it was Arizona which has the lowest uptake have now had to get health workers from other states to man the hospitals. Florida has got the highest number of rising cases. They were saying the face mask wearing could become mandatory across the whole country again.