Coronavirus | Page 700 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Yup that extra 4 week mini break to see how infections = ICU/deaths would go is showing the difference.

This is now live with it time for me and that just means I'll have to be more cautious than others need to be, but the vaccines are working, we've got to be bloody close to herd immunity now on that front with over 30m double jabbed, so we have to get back to normal or whatever the new normal is.

Doubly vaccinated as of 3/3/21 and produced a positive lateral flow test tonight. I’ve been a bit sniffly and chest has been a bit tight today but I just put it down to hay fever but did a test to be sure. Also have lost sense of smell. Booked a PCR test for the morning.

This is the thing the vaccines work partially but not even close to 100% and we are hearing of side effects. Minimal now but as time goes by ??

This is the thing the vaccines work partially but not even close to 100% and we are hearing of side effects. Minimal now but as time goes by ??

There is no reason to imagine that there will be long term side effects. The vaccines are around 90% effective. Not even close to 100%? Hmmm

Cases will rocket after Saturday night and if England keep progressing.

Obviously we’d hope they won’t, but they will. And I don’t want another lockdown if they do, we need to live with it.

Off topic but it depends if they start SJ . And it's a bit harsh to lockdown again just because England are winning football matches Dan . :rofl:

Well I and 4 others got pinged on our App at work yesterday as a lad who has been off since Monday has tested positive. He works in our despatch dept so none of us had any contact with him.

We all went for a PCR test , 2 who have only been single jabbed are negative. One who has had both jabs is negative , but I have produced a positive test. Already had Covid and been double jabbed since the end of May , and also feel 100% (I did a 6 mile run yesterday as well) so I can't believe the result is right , but now I have to self isolate for 10 days!!!!!!

Well I and 4 others got pinged on our App at work yesterday as a lad who has been off since Monday has tested positive. He works in our despatch dept so none of us had any contact with him.

We all went for a PCR test , 2 who have only been single jabbed are negative. One who has had both jabs is negative , but I have produced a positive test. Already had Covid and been double jabbed since the end of May , and also feel 100% (I did a 6 mile run yesterday as well) so I can't believe the result is right , but now I have to self isolate for 10 days!!!!!!

Think they are usually accurate when they show a positive result, from the last time I read up, but maybe have another test mate if you doubt it.

Did you have a test to confirm you had it last time?

Bad luck this is, as you are one of the careful ones. Sorry to hear this mate.

I just don't understand that at all, it must be spread by the app! or you've caught it from a toilet seat.

Think they are usually accurate when they show a positive result, from the last time I read up, but maybe have another test mate if you doubt it.

Did you have a test to confirm you had it last time?

Bad luck this is, as you are one of the careful ones. Sorry to hear this mate.

Well you hear of false positives , but I don't konw.

Yes had a PCR test last time as well. Have done a lateral flow test which are far less reliable and that shows negative.

Just going to have to take it on the chin. Was doing a half marathon Saturday as well , but what can you do ?

Feel worse for SD jnr as he also has to isolate and he has just started a new job.

Well you hear of false positives , but I don't konw.

Yes had a PCR test last time as well. Have done a lateral flow test which are far less reliable and that shows negative.

Just going to have to take it on the chin. Was doing a half marathon Saturday as well , but what can you do ?

Feel worse for SD jnr as he also has to isolate and he has just started a new job.

I would get another test personally.

And yes, with the lateral flow, agreed, less reliable but apparently (again, last time I read up) they are fairly high reliability if it says you have it (but as you are suggesting, can miss cases).

I would get another test personally.

And yes, with the lateral flow, agreed, less reliable but apparently (again, last time I read up) they are fairly high reliability if it says you have it (but as you are suggesting, can miss cases).

Yes I may as well book another one. I have done 2 negative lateral flow tests now.

Sorry guys but I need to go on a bit of a rant, which I realise might not sit well with some people but I need to get this off my chest!

There's been a COVID outbreak at my mom and dad's work, so they're shut now until the 12th. Not hugely worried so far, as everyone in the house has been double-jabbed and they got negative results this morning. Without wanting to sound too harsh, I'll always be a bit more worried about mom rather than dad because of her underlying conditions she's had since birth.

What's got my back up is how this outbreak started. An Asian family brought a case in with symptoms, but refused to believe it was COVID. Then, to make matters worse, they flat out lied about the positive test they received later on. That was especially dumb and selfish considering that mom and dad's work is in a care setting with severely disabled young people who essentially can't do anything independently. Most of them don't live to see their thirties or forties, and now they're all at risk.

Then I'm expected to sit there and nod like a drone when lefties tell me that COVID affects ethnic minorities more at least in part because Britain is 'endemically racist'. Give over.

Sorry guys but I need to go on a bit of a rant, which I realise might not sit well with some people but I need to get this off my chest!

There's been a COVID outbreak at my mom and dad's work, so they're shut now until the 12th. Not hugely worried so far, as everyone in the house has been double-jabbed and they got negative results this morning. Without wanting to sound too harsh, I'll always be a bit more worried about mom rather than dad because of her underlying conditions she's had since birth.

What's got my back up is how this outbreak started. An Asian family brought a case in with symptoms, but refused to believe it was COVID. Then, to make matters worse, they flat out lied about the positive test they received later on. That was especially dumb and selfish considering that mom and dad's work is in a care setting with severely disabled young people who essentially can't do anything independently. Most of them don't live to see their thirties or forties, and now they're all at risk.

Then I'm expected to sit there and nod like a drone when lefties tell me that COVID affects ethnic minorities more at least in part because Britain is 'endemically racist'. Give over.
Vaccine hesitancy is much higher among ethnic minorities. It's probably as much down to some sort of cultural stupidity as it is due to racism. It really demonstrates the need for more invasive education on the subject. It's very easy to blame the 'structures' but there has to be space for personal responsibility and ownership somewhere.

Mrs Sir D has had a test done this morning. As she pointed out with half the school where she works off it is entirely possible that she has caught it and if so there would be a high chance that my test would be accurate . so I will wait for the results of her test.

The lad from work I walked past him once on Monday and even then I had left my phone by my desk so I can't see that it can be him.