Coronavirus | Page 691 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I think some people struggle with understanding reality when so much is on TV or in the media but they haven’t seen it. I had a strange episode in my teens where I didn’t believe football - thought it was all one big set up. Very strange, couldn’t get it out of my head.

I think a lot of people - particularly in the America’s who were hit last - saw the news being bombarded and of course having not lived through a pandemic before, struggled to believe it was real as they weren’t seeing it, and then they were hit harder.

In terms of vaccines, if you get into the wrong social groups with the scare mongering WhatsApp groups, no wonder you are a sceptic. I sometimes have a click on the profiles of people who post and share scaremongering, and it’s often across a range of issues as opposed to just one. So they’re just hard wired to be a cynic on all topics and issues. They don’t have the brainpower to weigh up the arguments and facts, put them together to understand the reality.

Effectively we now get to survival of the smartest.

As a sensible response, it is worrying how many now take the word of 'Bob's next door neighbour' with no proof but they are convinced he's convinced so it must be true.

And yes, when you look deeper into it the conspiracies aren't single issue conspiracies, it's widespread and almost everyone they can find to prove something nefarious is going on at all levels.

But none of them ever twig about natural phone tracking and things like that.

Again, it's the hypocrisy in some ways - but they are clearly searching for something that goes beyond 'having a moment' which I'd say your football thing was - you just spent too long thinking about it and tunnelled for a period until you realised it was daft.

Too many don't seem to get to the 'daft' stage.

The irony also being, as you point out, the world is more connected than ever but in previous years we'd get small press reports of issues and people would take them seriously. Now we get mass reports of things like Covid and people resort to 'I don't know anyone with it, it can't exist'.

Didn't he stick to the herd immunity theory that Boris was talked out of doing.

Yes, went herd route without ever admitting it so slow vaccine rollout as he didn't believe people needed them, no social distancing, no lockdowns, no masks - he just went full on Trump and copied him to a tea and at least from what I've read, the anger is almost at melting point now so I worry how Brazil will go.

The joke is someone will get a close shave at best, but I think it might be worse than that when it truly tips.

Obviously Brazil’s awful leader takes his share of the blame, the table shows how badly they’ve handled it.

I think there’s other contributing factors up for debate. The people of Brazil are a very liberal crowd, and also they are in large part a developing country - probably having to make money to survive. Always a shit show that combination.

Secondly, the forces from Northern America has meant they played politics for probably many reasons (legitimate and not), to not order any of the Sputnik from Russia. I’ve no idea how good, safe or well tested Sputnik is, but that felt like a North American power play for economic reasons which has probably cost lives.

Obviously Brazil’s awful leader takes his share of the blame, the table shows how badly they’ve handled it.

I think there’s other contributing factors up for debate. The people of Brazil are a very liberal crowd, and also they are in large part a developing country - probably having to make money to survive. Always a shit show that combination.

Secondly, the forces from Northern America has meant they played politics for probably many reasons (legitimate and not), to not order any of the Sputnik from Russia. I’ve no idea how good, safe or well tested Sputnik is, but that felt like a North American power play for economic reasons which has probably cost lives.

Again that was Bolsonaro playing to the Trump crowd rather than being the other way around- at least as I see it. Sputnik seems to work as well as others from what I can tell as well, same as the Chinese vaccine but it's one of those things you're not supposed to say in US or UK media for obvious reasons.

Which is just stupid in reality.

The name which makes it sound like some early 20th century military aircraft is half the problem

Yes, not the best branding but this is Russia and they gave Pepsi the best business Navy on the planet in return for the drink.

Again daft, we look at Sputnik as a failure and backwards technology, yet it was massively ahead of it's time and a source of pride for Russia.

Again that was Bolsonaro playing to the Trump crowd rather than being the other way around- at least as I see it. Sputnik seems to work as well as others from what I can tell as well, same as the Chinese vaccine but it's one of those things you're not supposed to say in US or UK media for obvious reasons.

Which is just stupid in reality.

I think the Chinese vacc has some very 'mixed' results so far - Chile for example did well rolling out the Chinese vaccine but it's effectiveness wasn't quite what had been reported - ended up ~30% effective iirc.
No idea on the sputnik apart from they skipped the trial and rolled it straight out - Hungary have been using it but then they've the highest death rate in Europe so who knows.

There are a few Chinese vaccines. The main one is Sinovac and it's claimed to be 50% effective but there are reports that it's only 30% effective. They are using it here. That's why I volunteered for AZ.

Absolute ****

https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/london-underground-piers-corbyn-sparks-20855869

London Underground: Piers Corbyn sparks fury as he's filmed ripping down social distancing signs on the Piccadilly Line

In a video that has been shared to social media, Piers can be seen going along a carriage on the Piccadilly Line removing the safety messages that have been placed there by staff.
As he tears the stickers from the carriage walls he can be heard saying: “They didn’t keep their distance at the G7 did they”, referring to the global leaders who got closer than current guidelines would appear to allow at the summit in Cornwall earlier this month.

Horrible creature. But I suppose he is right about the G7.
Mass party on the beach with no social distancing, in my view, is a bit of two fingers up to everyone who has been strictly following the rules for what seems to be like a lifetime.

Absolute ****

https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/london-underground-piers-corbyn-sparks-20855869

London Underground: Piers Corbyn sparks fury as he's filmed ripping down social distancing signs on the Piccadilly Line

In a video that has been shared to social media, Piers can be seen going along a carriage on the Piccadilly Line removing the safety messages that have been placed there by staff.
As he tears the stickers from the carriage walls he can be heard saying: “They didn’t keep their distance at the G7 did they”, referring to the global leaders who got closer than current guidelines would appear to allow at the summit in Cornwall earlier this month.
Dysfunctional family or what.

Horrible creature. But I suppose he is right about the G7.
Mass party on the beach with no social distancing, in my view, is a bit of two fingers up to everyone who has been strictly following the rules for what seems to be like a lifetime.

If you are fully vaccinated and outdoors, surely the risk is pretty much zero.

GB News have just had a GP from London on.

You can't catch Covid twice...well not severely.
Double jabbed, you cannot pass Covid on.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate?