Coronavirus | Page 690 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

1st day of O18s being able to book a jab saw 700k appointments made.

Not got a link, but caught something on the box earlier about 'tentative signs' the infection spike might be starting to settle - but whether that's a dodgy take given weekend reporting, I don't know.

My Mum rang me earlier and said the take up for the walk in a Villa Park was pretty poor compared with other areas doing the same.

1st day of O18s being able to book a jab saw 700k appointments made.

Not got a link, but caught something on the box earlier about 'tentative signs' the infection spike might be starting to settle - but whether that's a dodgy take given weekend reporting, I don't know.

Fantastic well done to the youngsters. Seems like a few people in their 40’s and 50’s don’t feel they need to wear masks indoors anymore, notably I’d say women are over indexing actually.

My sister is an anti-vaxer. I keep ribbing her about being a conspiracy theory nutcase but she doesn't see the funny side of it. Yesterday she told me that she hopes she catches Covid over the summer and if she doesn't, she'll look at getting the vaccine in autumn. According to her, viruses are less effective in summer.

That's the first time she has ever mentioned getting the vaccine. I don't know what has changed her mind. I assume that if she is leaning towards getting a vaccine, others in her "community" are too.

Last edited:
My sister is an anti-vaxer. I keep ribbing her about being a conspiracy theory nutcase but she doesn't see the funny side of it. Yesterday she told me that she hopes she gets it over the summer and if she doesn't, she'll look at getting the vaccine in autumn. According to her, viruses are less effective in summer.

That's the first time she has ever mentioned getting the vaccine. I don't know what has changed her mind. I assume that if she is leaning towards getting a vaccine, others in her "community" are too.

She wants a holiday abroad?

I think this Indian variant has scared a few people into getting the jab.

Bloody should've as well but shouldn't have taken that long.

I guess one great positive so far is we know the infection spike has largely been under 30s - and hospital numbers whilst growing haven't massively spiked - so the vaccines are clearly having a massive effect here and clearly working.

That's got to be in the mix but I don't think it's the driving force. She is hoping to catch Covid over the summer so that she'll have antibodies for the winter.

I would say I trust you've corrected her on 'less effective', if you're one of the unlucky sods who reacts badly the season doesn't matter. It might just be best to take the win that she's now going to get the jab anyway.

I would say I trust you've corrected her on 'less effective', if you're one of the unlucky sods who reacts badly the season doesn't matter. It might just be best to take the win that she's now going to get the jab anyway.

Yeah, I'm keeping my mouth shut. I don't want to get her back up and then she refuses to take it.

When the smoke has cleared, I'll find out what has changed her mind.

Yeah, I'm keeping my mouth shut. I don't want to get her back up and then she refuses to take it.

When the smoke has cleared, I'll find out what has changed her mind.

Would be interesting to know. I know some 'doubters' who didn't mind appearing in the news have slowly u-turned over here but that's been after the media set them up with chats with scientists and Covid survivors etc - and I'm assuming your sis hasn't had those chats.

Whichever, it's the right choice finally innit! So fair play (given all the bollocks that is actually out there scaring people) that she was willing to change her mind.

I think some people struggle with understanding reality when so much is on TV or in the media but they haven’t seen it. I had a strange episode in my teens where I didn’t believe football - thought it was all one big set up. Very strange, couldn’t get it out of my head.

I think a lot of people - particularly in the America’s who were hit last - saw the news being bombarded and of course having not lived through a pandemic before, struggled to believe it was real as they weren’t seeing it, and then they were hit harder.

In terms of vaccines, if you get into the wrong social groups with the scare mongering WhatsApp groups, no wonder you are a sceptic. I sometimes have a click on the profiles of people who post and share scaremongering, and it’s often across a range of issues as opposed to just one. So they’re just hard wired to be a cynic on all topics and issues. They don’t have the brainpower to weigh up the arguments and facts, put them together to understand the reality.

Effectively we now get to survival of the smartest.