Coronavirus | Page 688 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I would still love to know if these deaths are....
1. Died because of covid symptoms
2. Died of something else but previously had covid.

At this stage, it's likely it's people who have had covid within 28 days. I would say it's too early really for it to be predominantly ICU based - but the worry is that could change within the fortnight.

interesting on a teams call today i said infections are rising but hospitalisations aren't so no worries, guy in team his sister is a nurse said its BS and hospitals are again starting to feel the heat. she said to him don't believe the news and stats they are putting out and that the problem is back ??

interesting on a teams call today i said infections are rising but hospitalisations aren't so no worries, guy in team his sister is a nurse said its BS and hospitals are again starting to feel the heat. she said to him don't believe the news and stats they are putting out and that the problem is back ??

Some areas will be harder hit than others, it doesn't mean it's widespread like it was before. But yes, released figures are always naturally 24 hours out of date, but we have seen a regular steady rise the last few days since infections really massively spiked.

As horrible as it sounds, this delay on final opening up basically tells us whether death rates can be lived with.

I can only talk from my experience here.
I had to go a and e Saturday.
You know where you go to a cubicle, speak with a nurse and then wait 3 hours for a doctor?
The doctor was literally waiting outside cubicle for nurse to finish with me and came straight in. I could not believe it.
So from what I saw, in the hospital I went to. They are empty with a capital E.

I can only talk from my experience here.
I had to go a and e Saturday.
You know where you go to a cubicle, speak with a nurse and then wait 3 hours for a doctor?
The doctor was literally waiting outside cubicle for nurse to finish with me and came straight in. I could not believe it.
So from what I saw, in the hospital I went to. They are empty with a capital E.

Yeah, different experience for my 81 year old mom and 82 year old dad. She had bad legs, had to go to A&E on Sunday evening, dad wasn't allowed in with her, despite how forgetful and confused she gets (strokes etc have taken their toll) and they had to wait over 7 hours.

One vaccine dose reduces Covid hospitalisation chances by 75%

Robert Cuffe
BBC head of statistics

Analysis from PHE suggests a single dose of Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines reduce your chances of catching coronavirus and then needing to go to hospital with it by about three quarters.

The effect of the vaccine does not depend on the variant: a single dose of vaccine is just as good at preventing hospitalisation for Delta as for Alpha.

Although we already know the first dose of the vaccine is slightly blunted by Delta – that’s for your chances of catching coronavirus. It looks like fewer of those Delta cases who’ve been vaccinated go on to require hospitalisation.

Among people who have received two doses of the vaccine, the chances of catching and being hospitalised by coronavirus is reduced by more than 90%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57523149

So basically the chances of being even being hospitalised for the vast, vast majority of vaccinated people is extremely low given the highest risk have been double jabbed and we are now getting to a stage where all adults have either been offered a vaccine or are about to get one.

If we’re holding up the economy and all the other things for fuckers who have chosen not to be vaccinated that is their problem.

Once everybody has had the chance to have both jabs then all restrictions should end. Anyone who hasn't had it then have to decide if they want to risk their own lives. A couple of days ago I had to pop into my Doctors and noticed the number of old people in the queue to be vaccinated. I reckon this is down to them originally being against getting jabbed but now being scared by the variants.

Posted that it was up from less than 5 per 100,000 beggining of last week, 44, start of this week, and today its up to 77.
All Indian variant, and again all under 30s.