Coronavirus | Page 686 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Those on ventilators increasing rapidly too

That is the one I look at, in hospital and having a bit of help with oxygen is one thing, and understandable with respiratory illness, but in intensive care... horrible... been there, didn't like it!

That is the one I look at, in hospital and having a bit of help with oxygen is one thing, and understandable with respiratory illness, but in intensive care... horrible... been there, didn't like it!

No it's not a nice place to be in. I look at those on ventilators as being potential deaths in the next week or so and with the numbers rising it's not a good picture.

1,000 people are diagnosed with cancer... per day.

I find that figure frightening. It’s weighing up all of this, I can see tens of thousands excess deaths from delayed treatments over the next few years.

Old ground I know, and I know no one will disagree but there’s a bigger picture now, and I hold the same PM and cabinet responsible for those upcoming deaths too above average run rates.

Forgive my American ignorance, what is happening with the vaccines over there? I'm 45 (:eek:) and have been fully vaccinated since the middle of April. In all honesty I was not expecting to be vaccinated until July. How many different vaccines do you have? Where are you able to get vaccinated? What's the procedure? Do many people want the vaccine?

Last numbers were 79% 1 jab, 55% 2nd jab.

We have idiots refusing the vaccine but thankfully they are in the minority. Our rollout has been age and health based, most areas are now 30-40yrs old, but as Fulford's post above, some areas have cracked on faster and are now in the 20s.

3 approved so far I think, Pfizer, AZ and Novomax?

J&J I think will be with us within the month?

Forgive my American ignorance, what is happening with the vaccines over there? I'm 45 (:eek:) and have been fully vaccinated since the middle of April. In all honesty I was not expecting to be vaccinated until July. How many different vaccines do you have? Where are you able to get vaccinated? What's the procedure? Do many people want the vaccine?

The British politicians would have you believe we’re the only country being vaccinated en masse, and they’re trying to brand themselves off the back of the vaccine “Vaccine Boris”, to separate them from the care home and other failures of nearly 130k.

Vaccines have been rolled out at pace, around 75% of adults have had number 1, and I think it’s over 50% of number two. I’m in my early-ish 30’s and have had 1. Most people on here have had two.

Rolling out AstraZeneca, Pfizer and I know one person who has had Moderna. Sputnik was not approved because we don’t like the Russians.

In terms of take up - I won’t beat about the bush here - the take up is high in the white British population, lower in other ethnicities.

There’s a lot of WhatsApp scaremongering in the Asian population particularly, this isn’t me being careless with stereotyping, I personally know of a number of Asians in their 20’s and 30’s who aren’t getting the vaccine - such as my neighbours.

Last numbers were 79% 1 jab, 55% 2nd jab.

We have idiots refusing the vaccine but thankfully they are in the minority. Our rollout has been age and health based, most areas are now 30-40yrs old, but as Fulford's post above, some areas have cracked on faster and are now in the 20s.

3 approved so far I think, Pfizer, AZ and Novomax?

J&J I think will be with us within the month?

FFS 79%?!?!?! We are at 43% fully vaccinated. There's too many anti vaxxer idiots who live here. We will be fighting COVID for the long haul.

FFS 79%?!?!?! We are at 43% fully vaccinated. There's too many anti vaxxer idiots who live here. We will be fighting COVID for the long haul.

I thought the US were just ahead of the U.K. at one point.

The problem is WhatsApp scaremongering. I guess it’s cultural, if just one of my mates sent something cynical about vaccines they’d get put into place. In other cultures, it seems to snowball.

Sorry Siggy, 79% have only had one jab, all our vaccines are double jabs and until a week or so ago, there was also a 12 week gap between jabs to stretch our supplies).

Assuming that what I've heard is right, the worry in the US is takeup is now going down - hence all the bizarre promotions being launched to encourage people to get the jab.

It'll be interesting to see when our figures top out with the idiots who refuse to be honest.

Given relevant populations, I wouldn't say 43% is that bad, but as above, it's what happens now with the rest kind of thing. States refusing lockdowns and things certainly hasn't helped though - totally wrong message in so many ways.

Assuming that what I've heard is right, the worry in the US is takeup is now going down - hence all the bizarre promotions being launched to encourage people to get the jab.

It'll be interesting to see when our figures top out with the idiots who refuse to be honest.

Given relevant populations, I wouldn't say 43% is that bad, but as above, it's what happens now with the rest kind of thing. States refusing lockdowns and things certainly hasn't helped though - totally wrong message in so many ways.

Lockdown? We never had a lockdown. I wish I was kidding. It has always been business as usual here in SC. Last summer we had one of the top 3 outbreaks in the world and nothing changed. Personal freedoms are way more important than helping others.

Lockdown? We never had a lockdown. I wish I was kidding. It has always been business as usual here in SC. Last summer we had one of the top 3 outbreaks in the world and nothing changed. Personal freedoms are way more important than helping others.

Seems most places have been sadly, not even the bear basic distancing, masks etc.

Heard on the news last night some poor sod asked a customer to put on a mask or leave, he came back 30 minutes later and shot her.

I just don't get that mentality. Do they get upset at the Dentist's when asked to put glasses on?