Coronavirus | Page 547 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Head of the NHS on Andrew Marr said a quarter of all being hospitalised are under 50.

They should be making that far better known, I think I'm fairly well informed/well read/watching the news/we all discuss it here. I didn't know that. Did you?

Might stop a few more breaking the rules (not saying all under 50 are breaking the rules, just mean if it ups the % of people taking care, then great)

Communication is still poor.

Always thought this myself, I’d be using shock tactics now for the final straight, as I think we need it.

It’s also plain stupid for people to take unnecessary risks when the risk will be drastically reduced in a few months.

Always thought this myself, I’d be using shock tactics now for the final straight, as I think we need it.

It’s also plain stupid for people to take unnecessary risks when the risk will be drastically reduced in a few months.

Agreed, but then, there are still too many deniers/pig-ignorant amongst us.

Fear Conquers All Villa article, and it gets this reaction!

You can't even debate with nonsense like that really can you? Not with over 80 000 now dead.

One covid patient admitted to Hospital every 30 seconds and 140 vaccinated per minute, need to try and ramp it up if we can

Trouble is, on twitter I can't delete that sort of thing and no point reporting it.

I guess he’s just trying to be funny, I doubt anyone would use it maliciously.

The thing is I actually think he’s wrong, it hasn’t been project fear at all it’s been project carry on and hope it goes away from day 1 😂

I guess he’s just trying to be funny, I doubt anyone would use it maliciously.

The thing is I actually think he’s wrong, it hasn’t been project fear at all it’s been project carry on and hope it goes away from day 1 😂

Yeah, I had a very brief look at his profile and saw another anti-Covid pile of crap. I didn't bother after that!

Yes, but only a fraction of those have had the second dose. It's quite misleading of the government to peddle these stats imho.

That stats for the second dose are on the control panel as well. Must admit I thought 'trust us to think we know better' when they first announced this, but then read/heard it was an independent group who decide such matters, so I guess that is more comforting.

Think the theory, as you will know, is better to get most vaccinated at, say 70% protected, than less at 90% and then the second dose is done

72% of black people won't take the vaccine. I don't know if the trend has continued but they were being hospitalised at a much higher proportion than the general population at the start of the pandemic.

A population that seems vulnerable to the virus and refuses to take the vaccine?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/16/covid-vaccine-black-people-unlikely-covid-jab-uk

From the article you posted:

"Historical issues of unethical healthcare research, and structural and institutional racism and discrimination, are key reasons for lower levels of trust in the vaccination programme, a report from Sage said."

:rolleyes: Didn't take long for white people to get the blame for ethnic minorities refusing to have the vaccine did it? What nonsense.

I think there’s a strong correlation between intelligence and taking the vaccine. You have weigh up the risks of the vaccine which are probably one in hundreds of thousands versus the upsides, and anyone with some intelligence who isn’t led astray by crazy conspiracy theories should be pretty comfortable with taking it.

Anyway if it moves me further up the queue from June/July I’ll take it.

Yes Dan. The risk of a vaccine leading you to develop health problems is about 1 in 25,000. The risk of the same thing for antibiotics is about 1 in 250. That makes vaccines about 100 times safer than antibiotics.

Source: Christmas issue of Private Eye.

That stats for the second dose are on the control panel as well. Must admit I thought 'trust us to think we know better' when they first announced this, but then read/heard it was an independent group who decide such matters, so I guess that is more comforting.

Think the theory, as you will know, is better to get most vaccinated at, say 70% protected, than less at 90% and then the second dose is done
Yeah, I do agree they are doing a better job on this than I ever thought they would.

But I just hate the spin that everything is going great when it really isn't. And plenty of c***s like Stanley Johnson have had both doses when millions of vulnerable elderly and those with life-threatening conditions have yet to have their first.

From the article you posted:

"Historical issues of unethical healthcare research, and structural and institutional racism and discrimination, are key reasons for lower levels of trust in the vaccination programme, a report from Sage said."

:rolleyes: Didn't take long for white people to get the blame for ethnic minorities refusing to have the vaccine did it? What nonsense.

Yes Dan. The risk of a vaccine leading you to develop health problems is about 1 in 25,000. The risk of the same thing for antibiotics is about 1 in 250. That makes vaccines about 100 times safer than antibiotics.

Source: Christmas issue of Private Eye.

Every article in The Guardian gets filtered through their racist/sexist lense.

I think the balance of coverage has improved slightly over the months, can't remember what day but the BBC this week focused on late 20's/early 30's - fit, no underlying conditions who still had the shit kicked out of them by catching Covid and it was quite sobering - but there hasn't been enough of it.