Coronavirus | Page 543 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

"Could be banned"? Just get it done, FFS.

I can't believe how we are still open. We're an island FFS :arrghh:

"Travel from Brazil to the UK could be banned in response to the discovery of a new coronavirus variant.

Ministers are meeting to discuss possible measures and a block on flights could also be extended to other South American countries in a bid to stop its spread."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55660552

And they knew about this 3 days ago , and have put back checks for incoming passengers from Saturday to Monday.

Total incompetence.

60,000 Brazilians live in London and they are free to come and go until Monday FFS

Brazilians and Americans should’ve been the first people to lock out (or in) and the last people to let out.

It’s an own goal of enormous levels if the Brazilian or South African mutation isn’t prevented by the vaccine.

As you say sirden, take the least possible risk right now in the short term until you figure out the consequences before you get there.

This is where I struggle with people in office versus the private sector, because the private sector is driven by leaders good at managing risk.

Brazilians and Americans should’ve been the first people to lock out (or in) and the last people to let out.

It’s an own goal of enormous levels if the Brazilian or South African mutation isn’t prevented by the vaccine.

As you say sirden, take the least possible risk right now in the short term until you figure out the consequences before you get there.

This is where I struggle with people in office versus the private sector, because the private sector is driven by leaders good at managing risk.

There is no reason to assume that the vaccine won't work on the mutations. They are slight mutations of the same virus.

As for shutting the borders, that should have been the first thing done.

There is no reason to assume that the vaccine won't work on the mutations. They are slight mutations of the same virus.

I get what you’re saying, key word for me though in that sentence is “assume”. If you assume wrong, we’re in the same lockdown right now but the year is 2022

I don't even want to think about that.

Our government should though, but instead they think putting the economy first and their mates in trade is the right thing to do, create a huge problem with loads of deaths and then end up firefighting.

Very similar to a tragedy involving a tower block in London not that long ago.

Last edited: