Coronavirus | Page 542 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Decent summary of the current state of play.

The site is paywalled but you can register and get 4 free articles per month.

What we are watching is the consequence of actions taken weeks ago: case numbers from interactions around a week ago, hospital admissions from infections around two weeks ago, and deaths from infections two, three and four weeks ago.

You might remember what was happening around then: four weeks ago, London was still under tier two restrictions and was only about to be moved into tier three, amid reports that Michael Gove’s calls to put the capital into tier three weeks earlier had been overruled.

On 22 December, Sage recommended a nationwide lockdown and was overruled. Alarm bells around the planned easing of Christmas restrictions were ignored. At the 11th hour, Christmas was cancelled for London and the new tier four areas, but it happened so late that many went ahead with their plans, while the festive easing continued across the rest of the country.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...ow-motion-car-crash-decisions-taken-weeks-ago

Another no nonsense email, this time Tesco

Have asterixed out part of my name to protect my identity :lol:

Hello Mr F**r,

Since the start of the pandemic, we’ve focused on ensuring everyone can get the food they need in a safe environment. Our safety measures are there to protect you and our colleagues, as we all follow the latest government guidance. Now that strict national lockdown measures are in place again, we wanted to share an update on some of the ways we’re supporting you to shop safely.

It’s a legal requirement to wear a face covering in our stores

To protect our colleagues and customers, we won’t let anyone into our stores who isn’t wearing a face covering, unless they’re exempt in line with government guidance. Please also make sure that you wear your face covering correctly – covering your mouth and your nose.

Shop alone

Please shop alone unless you’re a carer or with children. We also encourage you to shop only when you need to, in line with government guidance to stay at home.

One-in, one-out

We continue to limit the number of people in our stores and we have a ‘one-in, one-out’ system in place to ensure social distancing.

Wait for the green light

We have introduced a traffic light system at more than 1,300 of our store entrances. The system monitors numbers and will light up green when you can safely enter. If the light is red, then the limit has been reached and our colleagues will ask you to join a queue outside the store.

Sanitise your hands, basket and trolley

We have cleaning stations in our stores so that you can sanitise your trolley or basket, and you’ll find plenty of hand sanitiser around the store to use while you shop.

Online shopping and deliveries

If you’re shopping online, our colleagues will maintain a safe distance when they deliver your shopping, and they will regularly sanitise their hands and equipment. Please help us to free up online slots for those who need them most by shopping in-store if you’re able to do so safely.

Thank you for your support

We’re really grateful for your support in following all the guidelines, which help to protect you and our colleagues. We recognise that these measures are difficult for everyone, but our colleagues are there to help. They’re working very hard in difficult circumstances to make sure everyone can get what they need, so please be kind, patient and respectful.

Thank you for helping us all to look after each other, and stay safe.

Jason Tarry

Tesco UK CEO

Another no nonsense email, this time Tesco

Have asterixed out part of my name to protect my identity :lol:

Hello Mr F**r,

Since the start of the pandemic, we’ve focused on ensuring everyone can get the food they need in a safe environment. Our safety measures are there to protect you and our colleagues, as we all follow the latest government guidance. Now that strict national lockdown measures are in place again, we wanted to share an update on some of the ways we’re supporting you to shop safely.

It’s a legal requirement to wear a face covering in our stores

To protect our colleagues and customers, we won’t let anyone into our stores who isn’t wearing a face covering, unless they’re exempt in line with government guidance. Please also make sure that you wear your face covering correctly – covering your mouth and your nose.

Shop alone

Please shop alone unless you’re a carer or with children. We also encourage you to shop only when you need to, in line with government guidance to stay at home.

One-in, one-out

We continue to limit the number of people in our stores and we have a ‘one-in, one-out’ system in place to ensure social distancing.

Wait for the green light

We have introduced a traffic light system at more than 1,300 of our store entrances. The system monitors numbers and will light up green when you can safely enter. If the light is red, then the limit has been reached and our colleagues will ask you to join a queue outside the store.

Sanitise your hands, basket and trolley

We have cleaning stations in our stores so that you can sanitise your trolley or basket, and you’ll find plenty of hand sanitiser around the store to use while you shop.

Online shopping and deliveries

If you’re shopping online, our colleagues will maintain a safe distance when they deliver your shopping, and they will regularly sanitise their hands and equipment. Please help us to free up online slots for those who need them most by shopping in-store if you’re able to do so safely.

Thank you for your support

We’re really grateful for your support in following all the guidelines, which help to protect you and our colleagues. We recognise that these measures are difficult for everyone, but our colleagues are there to help. They’re working very hard in difficult circumstances to make sure everyone can get what they need, so please be kind, patient and respectful.

Thank you for helping us all to look after each other, and stay safe.

Jason Tarry

Tesco UK CEO

Hello Mr Fucker?

I’d shop somewhere else mate.

Is there anywhere to park there? Or are the expecting thousands of people to go by bus , Birmingham being very anti car

I thought that , but there is a car park just off Curzon Street so it will be a short walk from there. She uses a walker anyway so is ok as long as she doesn't have to walk too far.

I would so love someone who had a big Xmas gathering and who now has a loved one or relative in intensive care, that attended that gathering, tell the country what they think about their Xmas gathering now.

Mrs M gets her vaccine next Thursday . Slightly surprised that it has been arranged by our GP practice as opposed to from within the NHS trust she works in. Thought they would do it within themselves. But what has happened is the GP surgery texting me saying that if I or her was NHS or care worker then I could contact to arrange ASAP . Why they couldn’t see that she was NHS on her record I don’t know. But anyway she is booked in.

Got up this morning, always a bonus these days, looked out the window as you do, the first thing I see is the "private" Ambulance pulling into the undertakers over the road :cry:

I would so love someone who had a big Xmas gathering and who now has a loved one or relative in intensive care, that attended that gathering, tell the country what they think about their Xmas gathering now.
There was an Asian lady on the news last week who had just lost her mother after her Mother was virtually forced to attend a family wedding. She was distraught

Think I'm reading the article right https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55651518

You can catch it again, but are unlikely to get a severe infection second time around. But can obviously still pass it on if you are re-infected.

Most people who have had Covid-19 are protected from catching it again for at least five months, a study led by Public Health England shows.

Past infection was linked to an 83% lower risk of getting the virus, compared with those who had never had Covid-19, scientists found.

But experts warn some people do catch Covid-19 again - and can infect others.

They tested 21 000 health care workers, 318 got it, who hadn't had it before. Of 6614 who had had it, 44 re-caught it.

There was an Asian lady on the news last week who had just lost her mother after her Mother was virtually forced to attend a family wedding. She was distraught

The other 'half' of my family (who are Asian) nearly had something similar. The mrs' idiot cousin wanted to force through a wedding and all of the elders in the family felt immense pressure to attend. I found the entire thing ridiculous, thankfully common sense prevailed in the end and it was cancelled.

Mom and dad got letters yesterday, despite the fact they were vaccinated last week!

If we were near you, Mrs BBJ and I could take up the appointments!
We've really no idea when we'll get ours on this side of the Irish Sea.

"Could be banned"? Just get it done, FFS.

I can't believe how we are still open. We're an island FFS :arrghh:

"Travel from Brazil to the UK could be banned in response to the discovery of a new coronavirus variant.

Ministers are meeting to discuss possible measures and a block on flights could also be extended to other South American countries in a bid to stop its spread."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55660552