Coronavirus | Page 541 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Sky News was giving a report tonight with charts on the average rule breakers.

To cut it short unless you want to watch it below of those ignoring it all, it is 4%.

Its sounds very little but when you % that of 68 million, that's just over 2 million doing as they want spread around the country it isn't good because of the amount they infect who go on to infect and so on

https://news.sky.com/video/share-12186226

If they only caught it themselves it wouldn't be a problem....if they only passed it onto one person is would be a problem - the fact they could be (and have to be) passing it onto multiple people - it's a massive fucking problem.

Certainly looks like we have something right, compared to the rest of Europe. Vaccinations. Great news if it continues like this. Newsnight last night showed that big orders were given to a German and a French company who aren't even ready yet.

Nice to see we can get something right.

They have more inhabitants as a % living overseas than any other country on the planet, so when they all fly home for Xmas hey presto !

I hadn't thought of it like that but that's a good point. Of course people were told NOT to come home for Christmas...

I hadn't thought of it like that but that's a good point. Of course people were told NOT to come home for Christmas...
and i'm pretty sure the pubs were open in Eire in December so literally plane to pub to hugging friends and family over a few Guiness

Certainly looks like we have something right, compared to the rest of Europe. Vaccinations. Great news if it continues like this. Newsnight last night showed that big orders were given to a German and a French company who aren't even ready yet.

Nice to see we can get something right.

As much as I feel like we’ve brought brexit into our COVID speeches or insinuated it, the French seem like they’ve taken into new levels with I think the delay in approving the Oxford vaccine ( I could be wrong but there is something).

No leader in my opinion should be crossing Brexit and COVID.

As much as I feel like we’ve brought brexit into our COVID speeches or insinuated it, the French seem like they’ve taken into new levels with I think the delay in approving the Oxford vaccine ( I could be wrong but there is something).

No leader in my opinion should be crossing Brexit and COVID.
What did I tell you about the French Dan , live and learn mate. Shifty feckers who we've fought more than any other country on the planet for a reason;)

and i'm pretty sure the pubs were open in Eire in December so literally plane to pub to hugging friends and family over a few Guiness

Pubs that also served "a substantial meal" were allowed to open from 4th December. They were going to be allowed to do so till 6th January but when things started going downhill they were closed at lunchtime on Christmas Eve - and goodness knows when they'll reopen.

Pedant alert - "Eire" is the name of the country in Irish. Using "Eire" in English is like calling Germany "Deutschland".

Pubs that also served "a substantial meal" were allowed to open from 4th December. They were going to be allowed to do so till 6th January but when things started going downhill they were closed at lunchtime on Christmas Eve - and goodness knows when they'll reopen.

Pedant alert - "Eire" is the name of the country in Irish. Using "Eire" in English is like calling Germany "Deutschland".
yes i know that , Eire is quicker to type than the Repoblic of Ireland but i guess slightly longer than ROI. Not everyone gets ROI immediately

I haven’t kept up with the news, are these more deadly?
the scientists are still looking into this . Chances are there are lots of other mutations going around especially in underdeveloped countries where very little tracking or analysing is being done. We just have to hope there isn't a sinister turn in events (not that things arent bad enough)

so we have dangerous mutations now in South Africa, Brazil & Japan.
hmmmm

We have mutations, as always happens with viruses. Need a link and extra information to ascertain why you are saying they are more dangerous though? (Not a dig btw)

As said, viruses always mutate, the one news item I watched the other night had a virologist on saying viruses just make mistakes when replicating - a little (I guess) like our aging process where cells replicate themselves but each time, they get just a little worse ((similar to when you used to record a vhs, then recorded again, and again and again... ends up just a fuzz))

Most mutations, so I've read and heard - and talked about in this thread - apparently become weaker. We do seem unfortunate that the current UK one (and maybe SA one, not sure on that one) are more infectious, which is bad news, but they aren't more deadly.