Coronavirus | Page 466 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Yep . Looks like Oxford has basically saved the world. My pleasure folks :tophat:.
So it turns out that the Oxford one is only 70% effective giving me a 30% chance of still getting it. Think I will be staying at home a lot longer if thats the best they can come up with.

That's not strictly accurate as it seems to depend on how the dose is administered - a half dose followed by a full dose is showing 90% efficacy.

A coronavirus vaccine developed in the UK can prevent 70.4% of people from getting Covid-19 and up to 90% if a lower dose is used, according to data.

Oxford University said interim analysis from its phase 3 vaccine trial showed that the efficacy of their vaccine is 70%. But that came from combining the results of two different dosing regimes, one of which was 90% and the other was 62%. The 90% regime involved a half-dose first and then a full dose of the vaccine later.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-70-per-cent-efficacy-covid-oxford-university

Either way, it's 70% more protection than we have at the moment, so I would be inclined to take it if available.

Yes, nicely summarised JPA. And in this speed of time, it is amazing really. I think the others also need 2 doses. Also think, that they Gov have ordered some of all of them, if not :slap:

The flu jab is only isn't always a high %, not 70% anyway

i.e.

http://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/inactivated-flu-vaccine#:~:text=' below).,and 2019-20 season).

How effective is flu shot 2019?
21 CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, the current influenza vaccine has been 45% effective overall against 2019-2020 seasonal influenza A and B viruses. Specifically, the flu vaccine has been 50% effective against influenza B/Victoria viruses and 37% effective against influenza A(H1N1)pdm09.26 Feb 2020

CDC Releases Interim Flu Vaccine Effectiveness Report - AAFP

That's not strictly accurate as it seems to depend on how the dose is administered - a half dose followed by a full dose is showing 90% efficacy.

A coronavirus vaccine developed in the UK can prevent 70.4% of people from getting Covid-19 and up to 90% if a lower dose is used, according to data.

Oxford University said interim analysis from its phase 3 vaccine trial showed that the efficacy of their vaccine is 70%. But that came from combining the results of two different dosing regimes, one of which was 90% and the other was 62%. The 90% regime involved a half-dose first and then a full dose of the vaccine later.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-70-per-cent-efficacy-covid-oxford-university

Either way, it's 70% more protection than we have at the moment, so I would be inclined to take it if available.

Can you not let the details get in the way of bashing the buffoons in power.

More good news, saying on tv this morning that no one who recieved the vaccine fell seriously ill after contracting Covid19.
So maybe doesnt prevent, 100%, but does lessen symptoms.

what was he rambling on about, we can hear the hooves of the cavalry coming over the hill, but they aren't here yet.

Oh please just fuck off.

I think he’ll roll the dice on the useless cabinet next, from some headlines I saw today. I do worry the british public have short memories and once a vaccine or fudged Brexit is there, will our masses remember the shambles of this particular government. We’ll see...

Last edited:
Just got my new tax code from HMRC after I filled out the working from home rebate thingy online.

Basically get an extra £325 tax free allowance, split over the next 4 months of this tax year, so £81 a month pay rise for the next 4 months.

All for 5 minutes work.

If yo've not claimed yet its worth doing, and so easy to do.